shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new E-W marquise diamond ring bezel set

Mrs.H.

Rough_Rock
Thankyou for all the comments.

I have never considered myself as a marquise fan either, but I have to say i am converted with this ring. I have recieved many compliments in the few days that i have been wearing it, it sparkles like the sun :) and i love it way more than i ever thought i would!

SandyCheeks said:
Perfect! Your marquise looks at home in that setting. I too am interested in hearing your experience with jewelryhoo- as far as communicating to them and did you send them pictures of what you wanted them to make? Thank you for sharing!

This is exactly what i did, I have added the photo i sent him for interests sake, i changed my mind at the 11th hour from 2 tone to all white gold. I have had him make many settings for me in the past and some have gotten ''lost in translation'' but i have found if i can show them a photo of exactly what i want I havent been disappointed since.

sparklyforever said:
I am not much of a marquise fan, but this really is lovely....
can you attach a pic from the side? it looks like the marquise corners are slightly raised due to the curving of the band.. but you can't really tell.. I am curious as to how this was done.

sure thing see below

luv2sparkle said:
How do we get in touch with your jeweler? Was the price reasonable?
he is ebay seller jewelryhoo - price was extremely reasonable, in the $200-$300 price range. I got 2 settings made so I dont know exactly the price of this ring individually only that both rings i had made came to less than $500

twist ring 2.jpg

side view.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. You'll really enjoy your new ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I love that!!

It's so sleek and elegant, and it looks really well made :love: :sun:

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
That's a *really* cool design! :appl: :love: :appl: What a fantastic use of an "unloved" diamond!!!! It looks like it's comfortable and doesn't stick up too much--very nice! I really like the ring design that started it--a twist type.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
OMG i am so in love with your ring! did your local bench set the diamond or did you send the diamond overseas?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beauty, congrats :love:

Mrs.H.

Rough_Rock
ForteKitty|1296440990|2837858 said:
OMG i am so in love with your ring! did your local bench set the diamond or did you send the diamond overseas?

*gasp* i sent it overseas - i took the risk because I didnt pay that much for the diamond and it wasnt getting any love anyway - i thought it might have been too hard to make the ring without the exact stone so i took the plunge and posted it over - Im glad I did but theres no way i would send anything of real value over - too stressful!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I'm in love with this beauty! Really adorable! Wow! :love:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....I'm really taken with your new ring!!!

Lori

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a really lovely ring! Love the design.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty and unique!! Great job!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, nice!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love how it sits down so low and snagfree.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Oh , as one who enjoys seeing a beautiful marquise... I must say WOW~~~~

I give it 2 thumbs up and just LOVE it!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
You did a great job: your ring is beautiful!
Enjoy!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I know this thread is old, but I'm adding this to one of the many types of rings I want to own in the future

how has the ring held up since you got it, is there anything you would change?

D

Deactivated member 42515

I never commented on this thread! I thought I did!

Beautiful beautiful beautiful ring!

BaylorSays

Rough_Rock
Love love LOVE!!!! It's probably a great thing I didn't see this thread before I reset my marquise to EW, because we would now be twins for sure! This is absolutely stunning. :appl:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
This set is proof that there is no limits to imagination and new ideas in jewellery design.
So wearable, so flattering, so fun.
You show talent in design, methinks. :wink2:

Your marquise has also given me a new appreciation for 'pointy' cuts.
Since seeing your ring, I have a new appreciation for pears also, and can see them being used in all sorts of imaginative ways.

Love this!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love this design concept.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, with no evil eye look.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved this the first go around and I still do! Beautiful, sleek and unique!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Yep, it's still stunning! :love: I think marquises are starting to grow on me...

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful and unique ring!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is superb! Feminine, looks gorgeous on your finger.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I have a couple of marquise lying around very nice idea love the ring hmmmmmmmm

See_John_Kiss_XoX

Rough_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE your marquise ring!! Absolutely B-YOU-TEE-FULL!!!! I always think the marquise cut gets a bad shake -- settings are usually created for a round and a marquise get set in them. They are okay, but don't play to the shape. Your setting compliments that stone so well. I hAve a marquise eternity band (they are set east west all around) and might get a big marquise set like yours to go with it. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I never would have thought anything about the size of your finger. Looks great with the bling! :lickout:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your GREAT new ring!! Glad the diamond is getting love. I like the setting and the E/W orientation is perfect.
:appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results