shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Cushion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 1:51:52 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh Cehra I''m sorry.
7.gif
Maybe she can reschedule real soon.

Yes I''m using the close up on my camera. The little flower icon! It''s the flash that is covering up the facets. I can see facets with my eyes - even w/o looking thru the camera zoom. And you know Cehra and I both love facets!
aren''t the facets just lovely things? that''s one of the things I don''t like about rounds - thogh I''m pretty sure a 5 carat round would satisfy my facet yearning ;-)

She called 10 minutes before our cancelled meeting and said she was ready so I went in but she''d forgotten a lot of things (Ithink she''s under too much pressure... other issues) and one thing I guess wasn''t clear so I gave the poor woman yet ANOTHER list of things to fix... oy, I hate being so pedantic!! but I know it''s worth it... a couple things I was hesitant about I brought up and am very relieved... the stone IS insured during setting there which is great but gotta get that in writing... and also asked her if she polishe prongs before setting and she said always and totally knew what I was talknig about so yay!! It''s looking really good, she''s slimmed it down a bit and has one thing about the head that needs to be different... it''s getting close! I should be going in again tomorrow.... I just want to make sure the head is just so - there are some other details she''s gonna work on as well... and I have some surprises too that I''m excited about but I''m just gonna be coy and make you wait cause I''m evil like that - besides I owe you!!! ::cackles:: Sorry for yammering in your thread!! Now then.. you promised more pics!! can you turn your flash OFF bfore you take pics?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 2:12:37 PM
Author: Scott 00
Beautiful cushion, I really like the clean lines of your classic setting, and the fire ball you have in the middle doesnt hurt either
10.gif
So with Med Blue Fluor... do we get graced with glowing stone pics? I bet at least one of the melee stone will glow as well!

Wear your jewel in good health!
there ya are scott! where you been??

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Two words... Medical School... sigh it is a serious time suck. However not to get too off track about *me*, I have just ordered a bunch of LEDs to take some "dispersion-on-steroids" pictures... I''ll post the pictures as soon as I get my new lighting toys!
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Scott 00 and Turtledazzle.

Scott I know we have a very similar taste in settings I just loved your cushions and their settings.

Cehra it''s good about your appointment! Yes go ahead and be coy you''re probably just adding pink diamonds. LOL
I''m working on more pictures but there was no sun this afternoon, and it''s just plain hard to get good pictures inside at night!
38.gif
I have some lovely shots of my diamond reflecting the cherry color of my dinning room table, but no great shots.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 9:28:04 PM
Thank you Scott 00 and Turtledazzle.

Scott I know we have a very similar taste in settings I just loved your cushions and their settings.

Cehra it's good about your appointment! Yes go ahead and be coy you're probably just adding pink diamonds. LOL
I'm working on more pictures but there was no sun this afternoon, and it's just plain hard to get good pictures inside at night!
38.gif
I have some lovely shots of my diamond reflecting the cherry color of my dinning room table, but no great shots.
you remember the shots emy stone is amber from the walls in my dining room - so please post your lovely shots!!! Sun is the most fun, butnot for catching facets I think... it's hard for me to catch the facets because they're not tuned in for brilliance so they don't just push white light back to the eye - they are angled to pull colors from around the room so they just don't ever face up without interference lol I want to see the other angles of your *ring* too!!! Let me live vicariously!!!

oh and scott? looking forward to it!! good luck with school!!

Oh, and on adding pink diamonds, you're kinda close ;-)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra if you''re like me your adding blue diamonds. Although maybe yellow or champagne with your stone? Can''t wait to see the perfect wax. And the setting too of course.

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the idea of BLUE diamonds I will have to work some in on my next project...
10.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
bahaha you guys are funny - no blue or yellow diamonds!! I''m gonna shut up now!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time for some color reflection shots. The blue sky

bluereflectionsky.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow play yard slide

yellowreflectionslide.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our cherry wood dinning room table

cherrytablereflection.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our dinning room walls

dinningrmwallsrelection.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 3:12:59 PM
The yellow play yard slide
::thud:: OMG I *love* love love love this shot the best so far!!!!!!!!!! these last few are really gorgeous but this one, makes me want to buy a yellow gold ring!!! (I know it isn''t one - bu it''s gorgeous!!!!!!!!)

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Stone Hunter - that is one of the most FABULOUS cushions I''ve seen!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
I particularly love the blue sky lighting effect and the dining room wall lighting effect! How do you even stand it?? I am seriously having a love affair with cushions right now, and that stone is NOT helping. Oh, and congratulations on 15 years!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can''t believe I missed this. congrats! love the yellow slide picture.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY KAFOLEYS!!!

THAT IS a cushion!!

Congats SH, what a superb choice!!( kissing fingers - MWAH!)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
OK, not to sound too stupid but what is a B&M store? I have seen it here before and I always forget to ask! Thanks in advance!
37.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
::bump::
stone hunter - it''s time for more pics of your stone!!!!! It''s the weekend and you''ve had it a bit... hurry up!!!! :D

TCBug

Rough_Rock
OMG! What a lovely rock! Beautiful!

Rachie -- "B & M" is a brick and mortar store -- in other words, a store you can actually visit in person instead of simply seeing the wares on the web. Many of the PriceScope vendors have both (i.e. an internet presence as well as a B&M store that you can actually go to.)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Oh My.GAWD. that is so unbelievable! I too love the cushions, but yours is spectacular! I really wish I''d had the ''education'' from y''all before I got engaged...WOW! But then again, I''ll put in 15 years of marriage in order to uprade to your rings'' gorgossity!

WOW! I need to start practicing your camera tricks, and do my little ring some justice. One question, what are you using to clean it? - it is so clean!

~mela lu
Date: 11/3/2006 3:11:33 PM

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SH -- how in the world did I miss this thread?? Your ring is sublime.
30.gif
One of my very fave things is a nice, long cushion! The spread on an elongated cushion is just amazing....far spreadier than most fancies I''ve seen. And the sparkle and chunky fat facets.....you really can''t do much better than that! Congrats!!!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2006 3:11:33 PM

I don''t know how I missed this thread, but I swear that is the one ring I would trade my new engagement ring for. I love my emerald cut, but that ring of yours is right up my alley. Wow. Gimme.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
H
30.gif
LY M
30.gif
THER
30.gif
F BLING!!!!!!!!!!

It''s HUGE! I love that classy and blingy setting. It''s so streamlined... beautiful.

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
I LOVE your stone and your setting. Beautiful!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fran, JulieN, Lorelei, Cehra, TCBug, Mela lu, KristyDarling, N-jo, Julian, SilverLily THANK YOU for all your comments.

I''m blushing! But happy to have others who drool over diamonds/jewelry to chat with. And so pleased that you like my choice.

Mela lu -- I just use the jewelry cleaner you can buy at the jeweler''s or Dept store. Red round jar.

KD -- alot of the cushions available when I was looking had smaller spreads than this one. BUT since the appraiser said it was an EX cut I''m not worried about having stretched spread and sacrificed cut. I guess the others available then just weren''t cut right. LOL

N-jo -- Sorry I''m keeping it forever.

Honestly I was so so picky I drove everyone around me crazy while searching for this stone.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
SH you seriously need to post more pics, we''ve been patient and we need more, I need more, darnit just post some more!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results