shape
carat
color
clarity

My new cushion "downgrade"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Lizz, I absolutely adore your new ring! It looks great on your hand & I think it has more visual impact than your old ring. Stunning chocie!
30.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody hell...if that is what you call a down grade, what would an upgrade be like!

It''s gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe you could use "downgrade" and cushion in the same sentence!!!!!!!
6.gif
Your new ring is incredible! It looks absolutely beautiful on your hand. I soooo love cushions with halos and yours is no exception! I think you done good and don''t ever think that it''s a ''downgrade''. Your ex-EC and this cushion are two totally different rings. Each are stunning in their own way. It''s just a matter of preference. I don''t think I could ever say no to that cushion. Good for you for going after what truly stole your heart. ENJOY it!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best downgrade I have ever seen. :) Congrats!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I''d take a downgrade like it anytime! It''s gorgeous!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
This is for Fatafelice, who had asked for the plot from the GIA on my cushion. I tried to post it in your FAQ thread, but I did not have access to it.

ETA: The plot on my GIA is the same as this plot from Good Old Gold's wonderful, informative website. Their cushion info is great. If you notice, it is a little different from the cushion brilliant plot in your FAQ thread, Fatafelice.

cushion plot.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the GIA report, which I just got yesterday:

Shape and Cutting Style CUSHION BRILLIANT
Measurements 6.93 x 6.01 x 3.24 mm
Weight 1.08 ct

Proportions
Depth 53.9%
Table 70 %
Girdle Thick to Very Thick, Faceted
Culet Medium

Finish
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Fair
Clarity Grade SI2
Color Grade I
Flourescence None

3 twinning wisps are noted on the diagram. They are the only inclusions.

Interesting to note is the shallowness of the stone, which makes the stone appear larger. It is almost as big as the square emerald I traded in, which was 1.58 ct. Just goes to show that I picked this stone with my eyes and not by the numbers. People, go by what your eyes tell you, not by the numbers! This is the whitest, most beautiful stone. I did not know any of this info, besides the color, clarity, and weight when we got it. Also interesting is the medium culet. I was kind of disappointed there is no fluorescence, since I like it in a stone.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It looks beautiful on your hand!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know how I missed this, but I blame being a newbie:) I love your cushion! When I saw the first picture, I thought it looked larger than stated. I have a yellow diamond w/ a small depth, which made it look larger, but the cut is on FIRE and again, it goes to show that you can''t base a diamonds beauty on numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results