shape
carat
color
clarity

My new cushion "downgrade"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizz, I totally understand about the sentiment issue. Sometimes I do feel sentiment about a specific item and other times I do not. When I first upgraded from my initial e/r, I set the stone in a pendant with a bezeled halo on a thin chain. I love it and wear it a lot. I told my d/h that since it was not worth selling at the time (would not get much, and the sentiment too strong) that I would make the necklace, keeping it close to my heart. Eventually I did upgrade again, and this time, the ring was more valuable and the store took it in trade for the new one. Though I did really like it, and felt a bit of a pang, I reasoned that the new one was so amazing that this was a small price to pay. I recall it fondly though!!! We just got a Cheseapeake Bay Retriever a few weeks ago...she is gorgeous and sweet, but it is so much work and of course my kids all disappear when it comes time to walk or clean up after her...but I knew going in this was going to be the case so I am not surprised!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Your "downgrade" is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
What a STUNNER! I love cushions and your''s is spectacular. Just gorgeous
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OH man! That''s a beauty! I love cushion halos!!!!

Congrats
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Lizz!!! It looks great on your hand too, totally beautiful!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, it''s stunning!!! I love it and it looks great on you! Congratulations!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I am glad you found a ring you finally love.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is SPECTACULAR!!! Not a "downgrade" at all. It reminds me of the Daussi (sp?) cushions -- neat cut! I'd love to see what the cert says when you get it as to what the cut is called and also what the facet/plot diagram looks like. Then I could post it in my cushion thread in the FAQ.

Also, I LOVE the setting! Any chance of getting an up close and personal profile/side shot of the whole ring?
31.gif
I'm trying to plan a custom cushion halo and I think I want it to look something like that!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

(edited for clarity)

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
hi lizz,

congratulations on your ''downgrade''. I love it and think it looks perfect on your hand. I especially like how smooth the edges are. I liked your old ring too, but it was clear it had something missing for you, and unfortunately just changing it to E/W didn''t do it for you. I hope you enjoy your new one!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
If that''s a downgrade...I''ll take one any time.

That ring is gorgeous!!!!!

Love it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Downgrade my aunt fanny. That ring is gorgeous. I love it on your hand. It just seems to fit if you know what I mean?
30.gif
30.gif

shay

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Oooooooooooooooh, I love a cushion with a halo!!!! Beautiful!!!
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Fata, I took some more pics. These are the closest I can get with my camera without the pics coming out blurry. Hope this helps!

Thanks all for such lovely comments! You have reassured me that I made the right decision. One day later, and I''m still lovin'' it!

lizz1.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Fata, you can see where the pave stops toward the bottom of the setting. I guess it''s about 3/4 pave.

lizz2.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
A sort of side/underneath shot.

lizz3.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
A shot of the underside. I love Henri Daussi cushions too! I had some saved in my pics.

lizz4.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
You can see how the diamond only sticks up about a hair or two above the halo. I love that.

lizz5.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
No way can that be considered a "downgrade"! It is absolutely stunning! I love the cushion in the halo and IMO it looks just as huge as your old emerald! Simply GORGEOUS!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Lizz -- Thanks SO much for posting all those pictures! That helps a lot!

I just have to say again how beautiful that ring is and how great it looks on your hand!
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful lizz

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Lizz, that is a lovely ring I think it is amazing how close the stone is to the halo.
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the downgrade..that setting is so dainty and elegant. It''s gorgeous..

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''m visiting yet again because I love that ring so much!
30.gif

That stone looks huge on your finger! What size ring do you wear?

(I will try to stop stalking your thread now
3.gif
)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oopsidaisy, I meant to post that in my first post. I wear a size 6 ring.

Hey, Fata, don't sweat it. God knows I've done enough stalking of various rings on this forum. It makes me feel so good inside that you like my ring that much!
1.gif
1.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you don't mind...
11.gif
31.gif
9.gif

Did they give you any idea as to what the size of the melee is in the halo? I'm asking because I thinkt the proportions of your ring are really nice. I have a similar size cushion and finger, so it seems like your ring would be a good basis for comparison!

Thanks!

ETA: I just went back and saw that you don't know the weight fo the halo! Sorry! But if you find out, please post it!

And I can't believe that is a 1 ct. stone?! It looks much larger! I'll be interested to see the specs once you get the cert.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Love love love it!!!!!
It looks great, and huge, on your finger.
I have an EC but I think cushion halos are my ultimate favorite.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
ZOWEEE!!! I loved your original ring but this one is incredible.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ring,lizz, it is spectacular! I especially love that it isn''t 3 sided pave, in case you want to wear a band AND my favorite part, is how the head still stands higher, not flat.. (kinda like firegoddess''s except not as high as hers)... love it!

Did you get it from a chain store?? Wondering if I might be able to get a look at it in person
31.gif
31.gif
\

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this "downgrade"!!!
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie, no it's not from a chain store but a B&M in my area. Thanks for the nice comments about the pave not being 3-sided. I liked the smooth metal sides just for that reason--so I could wear a band if I wanted to with it. It incorporates everything I wanted in a ring: halo with prongs not bezel, claw prongs, platinum, diamond not too high above the halo, very thin band, pave band, pave on the sides of the halo from the profile view, and smooth metal profile. It's very lightweight, so lightweight that it spins pretty easily. Two days later, that is the ONLY thing that is bothering me so far. Maybe I should have added one more thing to my list of what I want in a ring: euroshank! Oh well, love it anyway.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results