shape
carat
color
clarity

My new blue sapphire is here

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
You certainly have my attention! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed ring, I think it's going to be something to which I'm really attracted. That could be dangerous to my wallet and cutting back on fine jewelry.:kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I probably could have gone a little smaller with the side stones, but I didn’t want them to look like ears and…hello…diamonds! :mrgreen:

3DC57827-04EC-4E4A-B6CF-F5C09A9E6F72.jpeg

It's going to be beautiful, and I like the proportions. It's going to be a sparkle bomb :love:

Thanks. I handed the stones off today so I’m in the 2 week wait now!

I miss having a sapphire ring so much. (And no, never did find the lost ones for people wondering)

I agree with @ItsMainelyYou... initially I was unsure about the center to side stone proportions. But now seeing the CAD, I'm positively loving this chunky 3-stoner! And, as you said, when are bigger diamonds ever a problem? :naughty:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @ItsMainelyYou... initially I was unsure about the center to side stone proportions. But now seeing the CAD, I'm positively loving this chunky 3-stoner! And, as you said, when are bigger diamonds ever a problem? :naughty:

While I do think smaller diamonds would have also looked great, what can I say ? I like the chunky look.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm super late to this party, but I want to throw in my 2c regardless.

@whitewave, I LOVE your new sapphire. And I think your diamonds look fabulous.
But I would love to see a somewhat slimmer band. I think the balance is better if the diameter of the stones is markedly bigger than the width of the band, and I think that the current width of the band is too close to the width of the diamonds, meaning that the diamonds - and even the sapphire - get slightly lost in the band, and there's a tad too much metal in the overall look.

I know you like a big look (I mean - don't we all?? :mrgreen: ) - but I feel as tho that much metal makes the stones look *smaller* rather than larger. Would you consider a taper? It would emphasize the trellis look and put a greater emphasis on the stones.

As I said - just my 2c.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm super late to this party, but I want to throw in my 2c regardless.

@whitewave, I LOVE your new sapphire. And I think your diamonds look fabulous.
But I would love to see a somewhat slimmer band. I think the balance is better if the diameter of the stones is markedly bigger than the width of the band, and I think that the current width of the band is too close to the width of the diamonds, meaning that the diamonds - and even the sapphire - get slightly lost in the band, and there's a tad too much metal in the overall look.

I know you like a big look (I mean - don't we all?? :mrgreen: ) - but I feel as tho that much metal makes the stones look *smaller* rather than larger. Would you consider a taper? It would emphasize the trellis look and put a greater emphasis on the stones.

As I said - just my 2c.

I did think about this. I’ll ask. Thanks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b as I’m sure you figured out, David is doing my ring. May I mention “like Mrs B’s” 3 stone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b as I’m sure you figured out, David is doing my ring. May I mention “like Mrs B’s” 3 stone?

Of course and absolutely! I think it would add a degree of elegance without compromising the 'kapow!' factor or its sturdiness. Definitely worth considering, at least. I think you might also find it a tad more comfortable to wear, especially if, like me, you're prone to finger muffin top!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course and absolutely! I think it would add a degree of elegance without compromising the 'kapow!' factor or its sturdiness. Definitely worth considering, at least. I think you might also find it a tad more comfortable to wear, especially if, like me, you're prone to finger muffin top!

Ok so I asked for a trellis which is the CAD he gave me. He is going to give me some new CADs tomorrow and we will go from there.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I asked for a trellis which is the CAD he gave me. He is going to give me some new CADs tomorrow and we will go from there.

If you're interested, ask him for a tapered trellis, @whitewave. I think he'll get what you mean.

And I have to say, when you lost your rings, I think all of PS felt it like a punch in the guts.

How are your new knees doing? Was it worth it in the end? I think of you often.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're interested, ask him for a tapered trellis, @whitewave. I think he'll get what you mean.

And I have to say, when you lost your rings, I think all of PS felt it like a punch in the guts.

How are your new knees doing? Was it worth it in the end? I think of you often.

My knees are great! It was definitely worth it and I’m glad I did them at the same time. I don’t walk like a supermodel lol but it’s all good. I get around well, and I’m very grateful for the technology that allows me to travel without any pain.

Yeah, I still get bummed out about the rings. I still can’t get over it. I mean I know in the grand scheme of things, this is so very small, but it’s so weird that I didn’t even know they were missing until I went to wear them. I’m not beating myself up about it anymore. It’s just a mystery.

David did say he could taper it a bit so I’ll see what he can come up with tomorrow.

I hope you are feeling better.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My knees are great! It was definitely worth it and I’m glad I did them at the same time. I don’t walk like a supermodel lol but it’s all good. I get around well, and I’m very grateful for the technology that allows me to travel without any pain.

Yeah, I still get bummed out about the rings. I still can’t get over it. I mean I know in the grand scheme of things, this is so very small, but it’s so weird that I didn’t even know they were missing until I went to wear them. I’m not beating myself up about it anymore. It’s just a mystery.

David did say he could taper it a bit so I’ll see what he can come up with tomorrow.

I hope you are feeling better.

i must have missed a whole chunk of PS
its very good you have this beautiful new ring to look forward to

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so David and I talked it out and the new CAD to me was really not very different than that first CAD above. I told him that I defer to him since he is the expert and the designer. It’s a trellis, which is what I asked for because I do like the swoopy design and the 3 prongs for the sidestones.

He said he would likely stick with CAD #1 above and I agreed with that since these are larger stones than my first ring. I don’t think there will be much metal to see.
This oval sapphire is chubbier than the first one and the diamonds are .4 mm larger so in the end I don’t think it’s an issue.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think DK’s lighting washes out colored stones, but also this sapphire is very very tricky to capture in a photo. Every photo I have takes doesn’t come close to showing what I see in reality.
I can’t wait to get it!

97C1B17D-9D3C-48A9-A06E-464863B4ACC6.jpeg

E3BFABA5-DEA9-4474-98FD-CAB100A933A6.jpeg

06891872-967C-43A6-8EFF-39CD1F9F86D1.jpeg

I think DK’s lighting washes out colored stones, but also this sapphire is very very tricky to capture in a photo. Every photo I have takes doesn’t come close to showing what I see in reality.
I can’t wait to get it!

97C1B17D-9D3C-48A9-A06E-464863B4ACC6.jpeg

E3BFABA5-DEA9-4474-98FD-CAB100A933A6.jpeg

06891872-967C-43A6-8EFF-39CD1F9F86D1.jpeg

First, DK is brilliant... but it's like there is always a piece of cheesecloth over his lens. lol So I know this stone is about 100x more saturated in person. Second, what a gorgeous result. I LOVE the trellis gallery!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It took my breath away! I just received it. Oh, I missed this ring so so so bad and to be honest, I really didn’t think I would regard this one with the same sentiment as the one I lost (first loves and all of that).

My heart needed this! Of course, it’s dreary and twilight now So here is an indoor pic with a light shining on it.

BRB. Everything is acting up. My iPad and my connection

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks,
Loving the color in your photo, very bright. I also think the sidestones worked out great!

yes, I can‘t get over how sparkly this one is because for whatever reason, this sapphire is more sparkly than the last one. As I remember it anyway. I’ll make a point to take some videos tomorrow, but my light box fell apart lol so I threw that away.

Be warned, everyone. Lol. My fingernails have been crazy bad since my gastric sleeve and they break and peel at the shortest length possible. I’m trying everything from supplements to expensive fingernail potions and nothing is working. They are so fragile that I’m afraid to get them done at the salon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am in love with this ring!!! I can’t stop staring at it and it catches my eye often :D:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I’m back, ladies! :bigsmile: I can’t explain my relief and joy at having a sapphire ring Again.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: It's spectacular and I demand more pictures when you can! :love:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am in love with this ring!!! I can’t stop staring at it and it catches my eye often :D:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I’m back, ladies! :bigsmile: I can’t explain my relief and joy at having a sapphire ring Again.

I'm so happy for you, whitewave! It's gorgeous! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results