shape
carat
color
clarity

My new blue sapphire is here

Sunrises Sunsets

Rough_Rock
You certainly have my attention! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed ring, I think it's going to be something to which I'm really attracted. That could be dangerous to my wallet and cutting back on fine jewelry.:kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I probably could have gone a little smaller with the side stones, but I didn’t want them to look like ears and…hello…diamonds! :mrgreen:

3DC57827-04EC-4E4A-B6CF-F5C09A9E6F72.jpeg

It's going to be beautiful, and I like the proportions. It's going to be a sparkle bomb :love:

Thanks. I handed the stones off today so I’m in the 2 week wait now!

I miss having a sapphire ring so much. (And no, never did find the lost ones for people wondering)

I agree with @ItsMainelyYou... initially I was unsure about the center to side stone proportions. But now seeing the CAD, I'm positively loving this chunky 3-stoner! And, as you said, when are bigger diamonds ever a problem? :naughty:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @ItsMainelyYou... initially I was unsure about the center to side stone proportions. But now seeing the CAD, I'm positively loving this chunky 3-stoner! And, as you said, when are bigger diamonds ever a problem? :naughty:

While I do think smaller diamonds would have also looked great, what can I say ? I like the chunky look.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm super late to this party, but I want to throw in my 2c regardless.

@whitewave, I LOVE your new sapphire. And I think your diamonds look fabulous.
But I would love to see a somewhat slimmer band. I think the balance is better if the diameter of the stones is markedly bigger than the width of the band, and I think that the current width of the band is too close to the width of the diamonds, meaning that the diamonds - and even the sapphire - get slightly lost in the band, and there's a tad too much metal in the overall look.

I know you like a big look (I mean - don't we all?? :mrgreen: ) - but I feel as tho that much metal makes the stones look *smaller* rather than larger. Would you consider a taper? It would emphasize the trellis look and put a greater emphasis on the stones.

As I said - just my 2c.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm super late to this party, but I want to throw in my 2c regardless.

@whitewave, I LOVE your new sapphire. And I think your diamonds look fabulous.
But I would love to see a somewhat slimmer band. I think the balance is better if the diameter of the stones is markedly bigger than the width of the band, and I think that the current width of the band is too close to the width of the diamonds, meaning that the diamonds - and even the sapphire - get slightly lost in the band, and there's a tad too much metal in the overall look.

I know you like a big look (I mean - don't we all?? :mrgreen: ) - but I feel as tho that much metal makes the stones look *smaller* rather than larger. Would you consider a taper? It would emphasize the trellis look and put a greater emphasis on the stones.

As I said - just my 2c.

I did think about this. I’ll ask. Thanks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b as I’m sure you figured out, David is doing my ring. May I mention “like Mrs B’s” 3 stone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b as I’m sure you figured out, David is doing my ring. May I mention “like Mrs B’s” 3 stone?

Of course and absolutely! I think it would add a degree of elegance without compromising the 'kapow!' factor or its sturdiness. Definitely worth considering, at least. I think you might also find it a tad more comfortable to wear, especially if, like me, you're prone to finger muffin top!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course and absolutely! I think it would add a degree of elegance without compromising the 'kapow!' factor or its sturdiness. Definitely worth considering, at least. I think you might also find it a tad more comfortable to wear, especially if, like me, you're prone to finger muffin top!

Ok so I asked for a trellis which is the CAD he gave me. He is going to give me some new CADs tomorrow and we will go from there.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I asked for a trellis which is the CAD he gave me. He is going to give me some new CADs tomorrow and we will go from there.

If you're interested, ask him for a tapered trellis, @whitewave. I think he'll get what you mean.

And I have to say, when you lost your rings, I think all of PS felt it like a punch in the guts.

How are your new knees doing? Was it worth it in the end? I think of you often.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're interested, ask him for a tapered trellis, @whitewave. I think he'll get what you mean.

And I have to say, when you lost your rings, I think all of PS felt it like a punch in the guts.

How are your new knees doing? Was it worth it in the end? I think of you often.

My knees are great! It was definitely worth it and I’m glad I did them at the same time. I don’t walk like a supermodel lol but it’s all good. I get around well, and I’m very grateful for the technology that allows me to travel without any pain.

Yeah, I still get bummed out about the rings. I still can’t get over it. I mean I know in the grand scheme of things, this is so very small, but it’s so weird that I didn’t even know they were missing until I went to wear them. I’m not beating myself up about it anymore. It’s just a mystery.

David did say he could taper it a bit so I’ll see what he can come up with tomorrow.

I hope you are feeling better.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My knees are great! It was definitely worth it and I’m glad I did them at the same time. I don’t walk like a supermodel lol but it’s all good. I get around well, and I’m very grateful for the technology that allows me to travel without any pain.

Yeah, I still get bummed out about the rings. I still can’t get over it. I mean I know in the grand scheme of things, this is so very small, but it’s so weird that I didn’t even know they were missing until I went to wear them. I’m not beating myself up about it anymore. It’s just a mystery.

David did say he could taper it a bit so I’ll see what he can come up with tomorrow.

I hope you are feeling better.

i must have missed a whole chunk of PS
its very good you have this beautiful new ring to look forward to

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so David and I talked it out and the new CAD to me was really not very different than that first CAD above. I told him that I defer to him since he is the expert and the designer. It’s a trellis, which is what I asked for because I do like the swoopy design and the 3 prongs for the sidestones.

He said he would likely stick with CAD #1 above and I agreed with that since these are larger stones than my first ring. I don’t think there will be much metal to see.
This oval sapphire is chubbier than the first one and the diamonds are .4 mm larger so in the end I don’t think it’s an issue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
    Ultimate Valentine's Jewelry Gift Guide
    Ultimate Valentine's Jewelry Gift Guide - 02/05
    Valentine's Date Night Jewelry
    Valentine's Date Night Jewelry - 02/03
    Did You See January 2023's Jewels Of The Weeks?
    Did You See January 2023's Jewels Of The Weeks? - 01/28