shape
carat
color
clarity

My new AVC

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're here and they're perfect. Thank you, @diagem - gorgeous workmanship.

Shipping them off to DKJ tomorrow to be made into a ring. Pictures in a few weeks when it's done. :bigsmile:
No baby pictures? =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No baby pictures? =)2

No - there's no way I'd be able to get them to sit flat, and they'd look like tiny little beige things on a black background. So not worth it. I'll make up for it, tho, when the ring is made, and will flood you with photos!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No - there's no way I'd be able to get them to sit flat, and they'd look like tiny little beige things on a black background. So not worth it. I'll make up for it, tho, when the ring is made, and will flood you with photos!!
Ok..I’m dying to see it! David mailed me a plastic model because I can’t make up my mind about the halo. I missed that delivery..because I took my mom to the eye doctor...darn...but I’m still waiting for the cluster ring..It looks like I’m not getting out tomorrow either because UPS will make another attempt..My M color diamond baby bezel ring is also in there and two bracelets he made out of one DBTY necklace...I’m so upset..

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
If you wish to see them in position, they will likely sit in a bed of salt (I cannot recall for the life of me if you have the AVC or it is already sent out).

It is a fiddly game, so I am certainly not seriously calling for photos. YF has already provided enough to dream about!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Wow this is absolutely gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @pinkgem2522 :))

DKJ now has all the stones and the go-ahead to start. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm assuming a few weeks, if I'm lucky.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @pinkgem2522 :))

DKJ now has all the stones and the go-ahead to start. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm assuming a few weeks, if I'm lucky.
@mrs-b David had to send me a plastic model because I couldn’t decide on the size of the melee..and halo..Once I saw the model I told him it’s a go.. Our cushions are in there together now..=)2

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
may i ask what the stats are on that diamond in your profile pic, making the grade? it's stunning!

Heh. It’s a 2ct moissanite from August Vintage. I figured I’d test drive the size for awhile. Already realized I wouldn’t mind a bit bigger

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Heh. It’s a 2ct moissanite from August Vintage. I figured I’d test drive the size for awhile. Already realized I wouldn’t mind a bit bigger

Very nice!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
So it's not huge - but it IS gorgeous!

My AVC.jpeg

https://www.augustvintageinc.net/co...2-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-4275-0117a

I've wanted a mid-sized, very warm EC or AVC for about 10 years, and in the end I just couldn't go past the curves of this beauty. This is to be used as an e-ring-style ring with my rose gold set. I'll either do a bezel or something similar to *this* setting:

Setting for AVC.jpeg

Setting for AVC 2.jpeg

DBL2.jpeg

or something similar to *this* setting:

DBL.jpeg

The first setting is a Maytall Hannah setting, belonging to @DorotheaBrooke and can be found here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/

The similar setting is by DiamondsByLauren and can be found here:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/142ct-o-p-omb-diamond-ring-r5165

And the yellow cushion with the pink halo is also by DBL and can be found here:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/161ct-u-v-si2-cushion-diamond-ring-gia-r7080

These are inspiration only and I'd make a bunch of changes - mostly to the style of band and to the basket, but they give an idea - especially the DBL halo, in that I'm considering a pink diamond halo.

It will be a while till this is finished - some months, at least. But I was too excited not to share! :wavey:

ETA The plain double bezel is most likely to be my choice. I just love those clean, strong lines that don't blur the shape of this beauty in any way!

Love the double plain bezel! Beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results