color
clarity

My new AVC

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it's not huge - but it IS gorgeous!

My AVC.jpeg

https://www.augustvintageinc.net/co...2-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-4275-0117a

I've wanted a mid-sized, very warm EC or AVC for about 10 years, and in the end I just couldn't go past the curves of this beauty. This is to be used as an e-ring-style ring with my rose gold set. I'll either do a bezel or something similar to *this* setting:

Setting for AVC.jpeg

Setting for AVC 2.jpeg

DBL2.jpeg

or something similar to *this* setting:

DBL.jpeg

The first setting is a Maytall Hannah setting, belonging to @DorotheaBrooke and can be found here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/

The similar setting is by DiamondsByLauren and can be found here:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/142ct-o-p-omb-diamond-ring-r5165

And the yellow cushion with the pink halo is also by DBL and can be found here:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/161ct-u-v-si2-cushion-diamond-ring-gia-r7080

These are inspiration only and I'd make a bunch of changes - mostly to the style of band and to the basket, but they give an idea - especially the DBL halo, in that I'm considering a pink diamond halo.

It will be a while till this is finished - some months, at least. But I was too excited not to share! :wavey:

ETA The plain double bezel is most likely to be my choice. I just love those clean, strong lines that don't blur the shape of this beauty in any way!

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
R! Daring choice of colour...

First thing that comes to mind after 'WOW': DBL used to have a three stone with a comparable example set between stark white French cuts - an interesting arrangement to say the least.

Happy New Year!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a double plain bezel with this. It will be a beautiful way to showcase the beautiful stone. Can’t wait to see the finished product when it gets made!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the colour, it's absolutely delish!! With your amazing eye and impeccable taste I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Love the double bezel idea :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s very pretty! I collect mercury glass and it has that same look! I’m sure you’ll find the perfect setting for it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I love this so much!!!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh this is gorgeous @mrs-b! Can’t wait to see how you set it

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!
I can't wait to see how you decide to set it.
I'm looking to reset a heart shaped 1.7 carat diamond (formerly a necklace) into an ER type ring in rose gold as well. Love rose gold!:wavey:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous! Love it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It’s going to be so pretty!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone- and the color is really warm and pretty. I like the double bezel idea!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a delightful stone - I too will be looking forward to seeing it set!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Lovely diamond @mrs-b rose gold setting would be awesome with it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Cant wait to see pics of the stone when you get it. What a great price as well!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What gorgeous stone!!
I love the idea of the plain double bezel

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that stone! Can't wait to see it set. Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Rose gold or yellow? I might have missed it...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone!!!!! it'd say it's huge! it will look gorgeous in the bezel, personally I like them all, and knowing you, you should try them all ;-) again, I bow to the taste of all your jewlery @mrs-b, awesome collection of the finest jewelry I have ever seen. (and some in real life too!).. congratulations!!! love 'em all.

So it's not huge - but it IS gorgeous!

My AVC.jpeg

https://www.augustvintageinc.net/co...2-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-4275-0117a

I've wanted a mid-sized, very warm EC or AVC for about 10 years, and in the end I just couldn't go past the curves of this beauty. This is to be used as an e-ring-style ring with my rose gold set. I'll either do a bezel or something similar to *this* setting:

Setting for AVC.jpeg

Setting for AVC 2.jpeg

DBL2.jpeg

or something similar to *this* setting:

DBL.jpeg

The first setting is a Maytall Hannah setting, belonging to @DorotheaBrooke and can be found here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/

The similar setting is by DiamondsByLauren and can be found here:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/142ct-o-p-omb-diamond-ring-r5165

And the yellow cushion with the pink halo is also by DBL and can be found here:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/161ct-u-v-si2-cushion-diamond-ring-gia-r7080

These are inspiration only and I'd make a bunch of changes - mostly to the style of band and to the basket, but they give an idea - especially the DBL halo, in that I'm considering a pink diamond halo.

It will be a while till this is finished - some months, at least. But I was too excited not to share! :wavey:

ETA The plain double bezel is most likely to be my choice. I just love those clean, strong lines that don't blur the shape of this beauty in any way!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! I think it would be exquisite in that double bezel, too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @AV_ and happy new year to you, too! And...eeek!...I'm not sure I'm trying to be daring...but I DID want something very warm, so hopefully it will do exactly what I want it to do. :))

@eapj - I think I'm with you. The pink diamonds idea sounds wonderful - but AVCs are such an architectural stone, I think anything that isn't in that vein would perhaps detract. Altho - having said that - M-2-B's 5ct AVC in VC halo is probably my favorite ring on PS. So the pink diamonds aren't out of the running quite yet!

Thanks, @Dandi - and happy new year, my friend! And I loved that - "delish" - you little Aussie, you! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean - I totally get what you're saying!! And - YES! As soon as you said it I saw what you meant; something about the mirror-like finish on top of a darker background. Well, if I can get that feel with this stone, I'll be very happy indeed!!

Thanks, @lovedogs - me too. :))

Thank you, @foxinsox - I'm glad you like it. Every day the double bezel idea is solidifying, so I think we have a winner! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Rubies-R-Me - nice to see you! A heart shaped diamond in a rose gold bezel would be something special! Do you have any ideas yet? And that's a lovely size for a heart - should look lovely and substantial without being overpowering on your hand!

Thank you @caf! :wavey:

Thanks, @MakingTheGrade :)) I hope so, re being pretty. I want something not fragile - something sturdy, but something with lovely lines to emphasize the shape of the center stone. How is your new diamond and opal design going?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat - I agree - the beauty of this stone is in its warmth. I love the combo of color and cut - they really seem to play off each other in a very flattering way.

Thanks, @MissGotRocks - I'll be looking forward to seeing it set, also!! :mrgreen:

Thanks, @Rpb. I can't imagine any color other than rose gold with this particular gem. Some people like white metals with warm stones to emphasize the color, but I prefer metals that emphasize the color of the center stone. So rose gold is the only way to go with this one!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Catmom! I saw your glorious new earrings and IMMEDIATELY pictured them with your ruby and diamond ring; what an AWESOME set! :kiss2:

@luv2sparkle it was a great price! August Vintage gas been having sales for a while now, including an extra 3% off for wire transfer. I couldn't believe a perfectly cut cushion with beautiful warm color, ideal optics, and just under the 2ct mark was only 8k! It was a steal and I was thrilled!

Thank you, @Acinom - because you know from color!! I'm very curious to see what will happen to the color in a rose gold bezel; I'm just hoping it doesn't go too dark. :eek2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Lookinagain! I saw your new project...so of course had to do one of my own, since it seems to me that we go toe to toe for DKJ projects these days!! (and more power to us!!)

Thanks, @tyty333 :)) Rose gold for sure. I have a feeling there might be a sliiiight tinge of pink in this stone, so I'm hoping the rose gold will bring it out if it's there!

Thanks, @Tekate All things are proportional to my 7.5 sized finger. So what's huge on someone else's finger is "where the heck did that thing go??" on mine! And - I hope I can maintain your good opinion of my collection with this one! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing diamond mrs-b!!! LOVE it! Congrats and I'm looking forward to seeing it set!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean - I totally get what you're saying!! And - YES! As soon as you said it I saw what you meant; something about the mirror-like finish on top of a darker background. Well, if I can get that feel with this stone, I'll be very happy indeed!!

Thanks, @lovedogs - me too. :))

Thank you, @foxinsox - I'm glad you like it. Every day the double bezel idea is solidifying, so I think we have a winner! :mrgreen:
aw yeah - double bezel will be perfect with that - clean, simple but with a bit of zhuzh!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous stone!!! :love: But I always love your selections! Can't wait to see her set!!! Did you get this cushion in addition to the modern one from bluenile?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results