clarity

#JOTW My new 2.12 K SI1 CBI

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Hello PS land! I just wanted to show off my new CBI! First up: stats:

K color
SI1 (100% eyeclean)
2.12 ct

As most you know, I am not color sensitive and J/K/L is probably my sweet spot. I don't like super white diamonds- they remind me of CZ's. So when I saw this stone, it had everything I was looking for- under 15k, OVER 2 carats, and it's an eyeclean SI1, and while VS would have been nice, I don't like paying for what I can't see:)

Melissa and Wink were wonderful and offered to hold the stone while I went to Boston to sell my ring. The PS'er who flew here to see it fell in love with it and I was able to wire the full amount to HPD a few days later. Melissa also spent a lot of time on the phone with me going over setting options and offering to do other settings besides the classic solitaire for free for me (same price point.) She sent me countless options from Stuller and a couple of other places, went over how high the stone would sit, what the shank measurements were for each piece, etc. She was great. The stone shipped Dec 30 and I got it yesterday. It was a dull gray day here so I didn't have the chance to get very good pics, but it's sunny today so I took tons of pics and videos.

Thoughts on my purchase:

CBI K color stones face up super white. Melissa told me it would because of how well it's cut. Not only that, but it doesn't go "dark" or "steely" like my past K's when it's in direct sunlight. It looks white. REALLY white. I literally cannot find any lighting situation where it looks dull. It throws a ton of rainbows AND white light. As a K lover, I am going to have to get used to this. I'm not kidding- this stone is super bright. I took some pics of it next to my F/G color 5 stone band for you guys to see. HPD has outstanding customer service and the upgrade policy can't be beat. Phone calls about setting options, waiving the deposit and offering to hold my stone for a week, a free setting, free return shipping FOR the setting, all of it- Melissa and Wink really go above and beyond. The stone also came with an aset viewer, a jewelers loupe, a container of lavish, TWO temp holders in yellow and white, and a diamond holder. It was beautifully packaged:)

Time for Pics!

IMG_20200101_102059.jpg IMG_20200101_102256 (1).jpg IMG_20200101_102008.jpg IMG_20200101_102222.jpg

stunning! you're absolutely right--- it faces up very white. what is a CBI, tho?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glorious story, fabulous stone and amazing pictures. I just can't take good pictures of my CBI... it's so frustrating! It looks magical, and thank you for showing it against your F/G colour band. Would you be willing to share the certificate?

IMG_20200101_184505.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!!!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! It looks beautiful and even better on your finger!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely, lovely diamond. The color (or lack of) is amazing! The size looks perfect on you, too. Congratulations!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe that is a K!! It makes me think I could try it next upgrade to get more size.
Yup, hard to believe this is a K viewing from top. :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Congrats!!!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
No wonder it's eye clean, that's such a clean plot for it! And I know at the level of CBI the numbers are really not so significant as they will all have perfect ASETs and phenomenal light performance but lovely numbers, too! :kiss2:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG this is STUNNING!! WOW!!!! What a gorgeous stone!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Congrats on JOTW!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! Congrats @soxfan . It’s beautiful and brilliant!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW! Can't wait to see more pictures!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I was eyeing this one, it sat for a while (god only knows why!). I'm so glad it went to a PSer! It's stunning!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shipped back to HPD today to get it set! Couple more pics....

IMG_20200101_102008 (2).jpg IMG_20200101_102332.jpg IMG_20200101_103214.jpg

Alright, sox... let's talk. I'm still DEAD over this being a freaking K!!! I know color doesn't bother you (and obviously I'm no color snob with my I), but I gotta know... is it really that white all the time?? What about viewing from the side and indoor/shit lighting??

Dish, girl... we're friends, right?? LOL ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock:...did I mention I'm DEAD over this color??!!! :shock:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, sox... let's talk. I'm still DEAD over this being a freaking K!!! I know color doesn't bother you (and obviously I'm no color snob with my I), but I gotta know... is it really that white all the time?? What about viewing from the side and indoor/shit lighting??

It really is. I'm going to upload a video in a sec....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is. I'm going to upload a video in a sec....

Jesus... I can see this becoming an obsession really quickly. UGH!! LOL

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I mean the diamond is insane but your photography skills are more insane! How do you do it? I have a CBI that looks like that too but I just can't photograph it to save my life and I've taken so many photos, you would think I would have managed at least one like that by mistake... But no!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you, soxfan! The diamond is beautiful! :love: It is interesting how the trend here was antique stones for several years and some people are swinging back to the superideal cuts! I'd like to have both, but I am past my limit on diamond rings! lol!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean the diamond is insane but your photography skills are more insane! How do you do it? I have a CBI that looks like that too but I just can't photograph it to save my life and I've taken so many photos, you would think I would have managed at least one like that by mistake... But no!

I have a pixel 3. It has the BEST camera!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

from the side it's obviously not as white as from the top, but I can't see any "yellow" tone and looking at it from the side it looks white. IF I zoom in with my phone camera, you can see tint.

Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 2.11.28 PM.png Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 2.11.17 PM.png

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
This stone is unbelievable!!! So stunning and cannot wait to see it set! I had been on the fence about a pair of H color CBIs for studs but your pics and videos have really helped -- if mine look like yours I will be totally happy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results