#JOTW My new 2.12 K SI1 CBI

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PS land! I just wanted to show off my new CBI! First up: stats:

K color
SI1 (100% eyeclean)
2.12 ct

As most you know, I am not color sensitive and J/K/L is probably my sweet spot. I don't like super white diamonds- they remind me of CZ's. So when I saw this stone, it had everything I was looking for- under 15k, OVER 2 carats, and it's an eyeclean SI1, and while VS would have been nice, I don't like paying for what I can't see:)

Melissa and Wink were wonderful and offered to hold the stone while I went to Boston to sell my ring. The PS'er who flew here to see it fell in love with it and I was able to wire the full amount to HPD a few days later. Melissa also spent a lot of time on the phone with me going over setting options and offering to do other settings besides the classic solitaire for free for me (same price point.) She sent me countless options from Stuller and a couple of other places, went over how high the stone would sit, what the shank measurements were for each piece, etc. She was great. The stone shipped Dec 30 and I got it yesterday. It was a dull gray day here so I didn't have the chance to get very good pics, but it's sunny today so I took tons of pics and videos.

Thoughts on my purchase:

CBI K color stones face up super white. Melissa told me it would because of how well it's cut. Not only that, but it doesn't go "dark" or "steely" like my past K's when it's in direct sunlight. It looks white. REALLY white. I literally cannot find any lighting situation where it looks dull. It throws a ton of rainbows AND white light. As a K lover, I am going to have to get used to this. I'm not kidding- this stone is super bright. I took some pics of it next to my F/G color 5 stone band for you guys to see. HPD has outstanding customer service and the upgrade policy can't be beat. Phone calls about setting options, waiving the deposit and offering to hold my stone for a week, a free setting, free return shipping FOR the setting, all of it- Melissa and Wink really go above and beyond. The stone also came with an aset viewer, a jewelers loupe, a container of lavish, TWO temp holders in yellow and white, and a diamond holder. It was beautifully packaged:)

Time for Pics!

IMG_20200101_102059.jpg IMG_20200101_102256 (1).jpg IMG_20200101_102008.jpg IMG_20200101_102222.jpg

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...just stunning!!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breath.Taking. Gorgeous!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and so white!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is WOW! D1CDB3F8-5157-4A2D-BE8F-9466BF2A70D1.gif

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning diamond!! How are you planning to set it?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!.:love: Congrats SF!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful stone. Congratulations.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Glorious story, fabulous stone and amazing pictures. I just can't take good pictures of my CBI... it's so frustrating! It looks magical, and thank you for showing it against your F/G colour band. Would you be willing to share the certificate?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Enjoy!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome to CBI land! Now you know why I’ve landed here as well.
The customer service can’t be beat.

Your stone looks gorgeous! And you’ll love how easy it is to wear and clean a solitaire. Heck you don’t even have to take it off your finger to clean it when you’re in a hurry....:P2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe that is a K!! It makes me think I could try it next upgrade to get more size.

And I am totally fine with a CBI Si1 or SI2 (I have both). You simply can’t see the inclusions, at least in my experience.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total score. Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! So glad you love this diamond - can’t wait to see it set in whatever setting you choose!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Simply Stunning. Happy New year.

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
What an incredibly beautiful stone! Cannot believe it is a K

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: It’s gorgeous; congrats! I‘m also a super-fan of super-ideal K’s and yours is one more reason why! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, it looks super white, and HUGE on your hand--congrats on a beautiful diamond!! :love: :love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Holy, wow! That is perfection. The CBIs really impress me, and I don't normally like mrbs. The CBIs are just so EXTRA!
I'm so glad you found a gorgeous stone!

Shinycarbon

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! What an amazingly beautiful diamond.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Cannot believe it's a K! Enjoy :)

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Now that's a dreamy diamond! I look forward to seeing it in its setting. :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dead dead dead. Can't freaking believe it's a K! It's gorgeous.

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Wowsers!! That is gorgeous!!!

Wear in good health - what a stunning start to your 2020!:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results