shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom is unhappy with my new diamond? Please help!!!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I think that cultural difference is an important part of understanding what is customary and appropriate for an engagement ring diamond size. Cultural norms are very important to some people and not so much to others. My DH and I faced this when shopping for my ring. I didn't want a solitaire (not a fan of the look on me), his parents wanted me to wear a thaali (traditional Sri Lankan marriage-symbolizing necklace), my own mother wanted me to max out the budget of three months of DH's salary... And in fact told me I was "cheating myself" when my custom ring only cost 5% of my DH's yearly salary. It is hard to make everyone feel as elated and excited about this major step in life and all of the details be agreeable to them as well. Just focus on your future wife and the fact that YOU know her best, not your mother. If you feel confident that this diamond you chose will be a treasured item that she feels proud to wear every day... Think no more and pull the trigger! My DH gave me the card and full control at the jewelry store, but he also knows the woman he has married so it was no sweat to him... He solely concerned himself with my happiness only. This is the standard of our complete relationship.
I wish you all of the best and forever happiness!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the comments.

Maybe the table is too small (54) and it looks smaller than normal ? Anyway in here we only use GIA cert. color and clarity dont really matter as long as the diamond looks white and eye clean

WF recommended this
1.67 ct G VS2 Premium Select Round Cut Loose Diamond (Eye clean HCA Score 2.3)
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3726902.htm

It does comes with GIA cert but my concern is it has a HCA score of 2.3. I'm a complete noob but the ideal scope & aset image looks perfect to me. Should I get this ?

You do not need to worry about the 2.3 HCA because you have an idealscope and an aset image
that are fine. HCA is a weeding tool if you dont have things like idealscope and aset. You do
have them and this diamond is fine.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. TYTY has reminded us that HCA is only used to exclude diamonds, not to choose diamonds and that imaging becomes more important than HCA score. Plus, as a bonus you chose Whiteflash, so you already know you are getting a good diamond.

We want to see hand shots after you are engaged!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way to get the H SI1 (ACA) and compare it with your current stone? I would think they would both look beautiful, but only way to know your (and perhaps your mother's preference) is a side by side comparison. I would if you were having doubts, just stick with ACA so you can have piece of mind about it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results