shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jeff White, Gamata blue tourmaline

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I swear I come back and look at this stone daily! It reminds me of the Caribbean waters I will be swimming in a few weeks. It is a stunning color

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK I really don't know anything much about colored stones- but whoa, that bluegreen is *stunning*. Also that color combo with that particular shade of purple is one that I am totally obsessed with and in fact is the color combo tattooed on my shoulder in the form of a poppy :tongue: and I think it will make a killer ring. What a cool find!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gasp, Choke, Wheeze!! That is just Mesmerizing!!! :love: :lickout:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is soooo beautiful, AJ! How wonderful to have waited and persevered and ended up with exactly what you wanted!
I love the color of this stone and the cut is amazing. Cushions are my favorite!
I think it looks great with that purple and would also look amazing on its own, or with a bit of diamond.
Congrats! (and looking forward to seeing that diamond masterpiece :appl: :appl: )

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pwendyp said:
AJ... :wavey:

Each and every time you have a new stone...I just feel compelled to post, along with everyone else!!

It is a stunning stone, and oh so beautiful a colour. I saw sea that colour once, in Greece. I was entranced then, and am now... it is just simply lovely! And...the purple to go with it - perfect - in a word. Your jeweller has an eye, as do you my dear - for colour combos that just 'go'.

I wish you luck in the search for the perfect purple pair...it will be an awesome matching, with the blue/green. A little 'out there and outre' but all the more fun and 'right' for that. This stone and its destination is one to watch!

warmest regards to ya!

Wendy :))

eta...I've just seen the pictures you posted with the stone next to your JKT ring...you're right, it needs an intense purple...amethyst maybe? Or....two of the purple spinels you have already!!

Hey Wendy!
lovely to 'see' you again.
You are always so kind with my gems & pieces, thank you very much for your compliments lovey

Two of the purple spinels I have already would be perfect (colour wise) ! I have some feelers out, and although matching pairs isn't an easy thing to find in coloured gems, I'm happy to wait for the 'right' set. I considered amethyst, but decided the tourm deserved something a lil more special ::)

This photo below may explain why the gem reminds me of the waters of the islands like Ko Phi Phi in Thailand - sigh..

I haven't been yet, but I have also seen the pics of these kind of waters in Greece - an old family friend lives on an island in Greece with her new husband, I really need to get my butt in gear and take up her invitation to come stay!

Thanks Wendy :wavey:

lagoon thai2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
AJ, personally I would set it and be the star of the show (I'm very conservative when it comes to jewelry). HOWEVER, I also know you've done some things that I wouldn't never have thought about doing with stunning results so I'm happy to give you my blessing on the combo. ::) It would probably be more of an eye popper than setting the blue solo. Either way, I'll be interested to see what you come up with!

he he, thanks Tgal for your blessing :bigsmile: I agree, a solitaire of some sort could also have nice impact for sure...however I've alays loved purple :devil:
We'll see what RDG develop on the sketches. Cheers hon!

colorluvr said:
Incredible stone! I love JW's stones (I feel quite fortunate to own one) but I must say, yours is probably my favorite color - period, whether in a gemstone or just about anything... I love that color and am told that is my most flattering color to wear (in clothing) so I'm sure it would be flattering to my skin in a gemstone also!!!!

I'm very very jealous!!!

Hi colorluvr, that's very kind thank you for the compliments! As its your favourite colour, do you mind if I ask do you plan to seek one out one day?

cemrn said:
I swear I come back and look at this stone daily! It reminds me of the Caribbean waters I will be swimming in a few weeks. It is a stunning color

ack - jealous of your upcoming holiday cemrn!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LittleGreyKitten said:
OK I really don't know anything much about colored stones- but whoa, that bluegreen is *stunning*. Also that color combo with that particular shade of purple is one that I am totally obsessed with and in fact is the color combo tattooed on my shoulder in the form of a poppy :tongue: and I think it will make a killer ring. What a cool find!

Hey LGK, nice to see you over here. I'm really glad you like the colour combo, it seems to be one that is quite aesthetically pleasing to a number of people.
Thanks love :wavey:

cushioncutnut said:
Gasp, Choke, Wheeze!! That is just Mesmerizing!!! :love: :lickout:

ha ha, don't choke CCN! Thank you.

baby nurse said:
Your stone is soooo beautiful, AJ! How wonderful to have waited and persevered and ended up with exactly what you wanted!
I love the color of this stone and the cut is amazing. Cushions are my favorite!
I think it looks great with that purple and would also look amazing on its own, or with a bit of diamond.
Congrats! (and looking forward to seeing that diamond masterpiece :appl: :appl: )

Cheers BN - cushions are also my fave, and I find myself collecting more and more.. :saint:
How about with the purple and a bit of diamond...that was the original plan, and some small diamonds may sneak in there somewhere.

Thanks for your comments ::)

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
colorluvr said:
Incredible stone! I love JW's stones (I feel quite fortunate to own one) but I must say, yours is probably my favorite color - period, whether in a gemstone or just about anything... I love that color and am told that is my most flattering color to wear (in clothing) so I'm sure it would be flattering to my skin in a gemstone also!!!!

I'm very very jealous!!!

Hi colorluvr, that's very kind thank you for the compliments! As its your favourite colour, do you mind if I ask do you plan to seek one out one day?

Absolutely - as soon as the budget warrants (which unfortunately could be a while) but I definitely would love owning one just like yours some day!!!!!!!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
AJ... :))

I've not been to Thailand, but would so love to. I have been to Greece many times though - and it's an awesome place to be. It's an 'unwind' destination, and perfect if you can get past the slightly 'primitive' services, once you are off the beaten track.

One of my favourite waters, which reminded me so much of your stone, was in Zakynthos...stunning azure sea when we took the boat trip around the island. It just begged to be jumped into from the boat! The water was around 25/30ft deep, and you could actually see sand grains at the bottom, it was so crystal clear. Some of the water, once near to the caves, was the colour of pale amethyst, and purple spinel...glinting off the embedded crystal structures of the cave faces. Ah...such fond memories!

These aren't my pictures, but mine that I have, are just like these! Enjoy!

BlueCavesAzureWater2.jpg

BlueCavesAzureWater3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an awesome combo with purple; I think it's great that many PSers are thinking outside the usual designs and being daring to try something new and different. I, too, am branching out to an all coloured stone 3 stone combo.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pwendyp said:
AJ... :))

I've not been to Thailand, but would so love to. I have been to Greece many times though - and it's an awesome place to be. It's an 'unwind' destination, and perfect if you can get past the slightly 'primitive' services, once you are off the beaten track.

One of my favourite waters, which reminded me so much of your stone, was in Zakynthos...stunning azure sea when we took the boat trip around the island. It just begged to be jumped into from the boat! The water was around 25/30ft deep, and you could actually see sand grains at the bottom, it was so crystal clear. Some of the water, once near to the caves, was the colour of pale amethyst, and purple spinel...glinting off the embedded crystal structures of the cave faces. Ah...such fond memories!

These aren't my pictures, but mine that I have, are just like these! Enjoy!

ah, just beautiful Wendy!! I really must go - do you have a familial connection there, or just love to visit?
Thank you for sharing the photos.

Chrono said:
What an awesome combo with purple; I think it's great that many PSers are thinking outside the usual designs and being daring to try something new and different. I, too, am branching out to an all coloured stone 3 stone combo.

Thanks C! and fwiw, my opinion is that you should stick to your original inspiration and seek out the hot pink small side stones for your tsav..not digging the Chrissie look, sorry.
I know its not easy to get matched pairs, as I've been told by cutters - but something will come up eventually.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
colorluvr said:
arjunajane said:
colorluvr said:

I'm very very jealous!!!

Absolutely - as soon as the budget warrants (which unfortunately could be a while) but I definitely would love owning one just like yours some day!!!!!!!

looking forward to seeing it colorluvr ::)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how I missed this thread. AJ, your tourmaline is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color and cut, I especially love the color combo you chose. I can't wait to see the finished ring, I love your taste in jewelry and always love reading about and seeing pictures of your finished projects. BTW, great pictures. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it’s a threadjack but since it’s about gemstones and yours, in particular, I’m going to ask anyway. :lol:
1. Are you planning to set this as a solitaire?
2. When do you expect to receive your tsavorite? I’d like to see how your purple + green combo plays out.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
I know it’s a threadjack but since it’s about gemstones and yours, in particular, I’m going to ask anyway. :lol:
1. Are you planning to set this as a solitaire?
2. When do you expect to receive your tsavorite? I’d like to see how your purple + green combo plays out.

Hey C, not at all, here ya go:

1. This gem, the blue tourmaline, will most likely go into a 3 stone or a multi stone with purple spinel side stones and some diamonds.
2. Eric said it should go out on Tues, so maybe a week? Sorry if I wasn't clear over in your thread - my blue tourm will be paired with purple-violet sides, I haven't decided what to do with the tsav as yet.

hth!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Burberrygirl said:
I don't know how I missed this thread. AJ, your tourmaline is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color and cut, I especially love the color combo you chose. I can't wait to see the finished ring, I love your taste in jewelry and always love reading about and seeing pictures of your finished projects. BTW, great pictures. :))

aww thanks Burberry - I admire your taste and pieces too.
Cheers for your compliments ::)

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
O MG I just love this BLUE! You truly have a very special stone here and I was so sorry to read the rough is all spoken for! ENJOY and can't WAIT to see it set!! Gorgeous! :love:

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
AJ are you kidding me? What a colorful collection you have now! So many beautiful and precision cut stones -do you wear your sapphire ring all the time or do you rotate? I have been away for awhile and come back to your whole rainbow collection!Have you set every stone , and if so, all rings, or any pendants?
Enjoy them all . This one reminds me of Trunk Bay in St. Thomas! Just breathtakingingly beautiful!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Spirit|1289329781|2759294 said:
AJ are you kidding me? What a colorful collection you have now! So many beautiful and precision cut stones -do you wear your sapphire ring all the time or do you rotate? I have been away for awhile and come back to your whole rainbow collection!Have you set every stone , and if so, all rings, or any pendants?
Enjoy them all . This one reminds me of Trunk Bay in St. Thomas! Just breathtakingingly beautiful!

I think I may have already commented on this stone but it just gorgeous and I can't wait to see the completed ring-what a cool idea as I love jewelry with different color combos!

And Spirit, I believe Trunk Bay is on St. John. :)

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
oops- You are right about Trunk Bay. Sorry. Just was color-overwhelmed , I guess. :???:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gemstone!! Itoo have been searching for something similar in that color but I was too late in contacting Jeff- everything was already gone :nono:

I love the idea of the 3 stone ring with the purple! I love statement jewerly like that so you have my vote on that option! I can't wait to see what you decide! your pieces are among my favorite on PS!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :wavey: you got a stunner there! That is a dream color! I just can't wait to see your ring! I'd never take it off! I would do white gold, with an emerald halo and diamond halo! Yumyum

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results