color
clarity

My Jeff White, Gamata blue tourmaline

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Bella, just absolutely bella!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP: I don't think you were effusive enough!

AJ: I love that you found that color - I can learn a lot from your diligent search efforts as I too am on a quest for the perfect greenish blue tourm. If there is one that has to be set as a ring so it can be stared at all the time, it is that one. And I actually think that would be one ring I would want to wear every day just to see that color. I love your idea of colors, but it is so beautiful - in color and cut - that it could easily stand on its own as well. Thank you so much for giving me hope!

-Minou

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
That color is just amazing!! Makes me want to dive right in. The cut really showcases how bright and lively the stone is.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux said:

AJ: I love that you found that color - I can learn a lot from your diligent search efforts as I too am on a quest for the perfect greenish blue tourm. If there is one that has to be set as a ring so it can be stared at all the time, it is that one. And I actually think that would be one ring I would want to wear every day just to see that color. I love your idea of colors, but it is so beautiful - in color and cut - that it could easily stand on its own as well. Thank you so much for giving me hope!

-Minou

Minou - I see John Dyer has some new blue/green tourmaline which looks to be of really nice quality - check under "new" on his website.
AJ -I know you'll excuse this mini threadjack - now we're even. :wavey: I'm very interested to see what design RDG come up with.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Simply Beautiful! The color and cut are just gorgeous!! Nice size and looks great on your hand. Love your nails too! You take great pictures!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap .. that is a stunner!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy that you found the perfect shade that you've been looking for. And not only that, it is precision cut into such a lovely design (plus I'm partial to square cushions :cheeky: ).

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That stone is gorgeous, glad you found what you were looking for! Love the color :love: Can't wait to see the final product.

empress

Shiny_Rock
This is a stunning stone!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: stunning color! :love:

I love your idea for the color combo! :love:

tefutefu

Rough_Rock
I don't know much about gems but the colour is awesome! :love:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
wow, thank you everyone for such kind responses - I'm glad you all like it as much as I do!

Thank you for your compliments:
Largosmom
Jewelfreak
Kelpie
diamondrnglover
cellen
cemrn
Austennut
and Laila619
:wavey:

Fly Girl said:
What a stunning stone. Gorgeous. This will make a beautiful piece, and I am all for the idea of a three-stone with colored sides. :tongue:
thanks flygirl - do you like the purple-violet spinels?

Aoife said:
That is one of the most breathtaking colors I've seen in a tourmaline, and of course, Jeff White's cutting is wonderful. A beautiful, beautiful stone. Congratulations!

I'm sorry if I missed it in one of your responses, but what color gold were you thinking about using with this and the purple sidestones? I was having a little trouble concentrating on the text, I was so distracted by the gorgeosity of the tourmaline!

Cheers Aoife! No you didn't miss it, haven't considered metal colour just yet, although my instinct would be to lean toward plat.
And I love that you invented a word :bigsmile:

packrat said:
:love: I don't even know what to say, AJ! Well, I said some stuff as I scrolled down but I don't think I best post what I said. It's just overwhelming, the beauty.

Do you have your oec ring back yet? What are you doing w/the oval spinel that I also love so much?

hiya packy, lol I love to imagine what you were actually saying ;-)
The OEC ring is complete, and if I may say so is freakin' stunning. However, I won't have it in my hands for about another week or two..two..very.long.weeks :sick: :rodent:

That oval spinel is with JKT, still awaiting its home in the 5 stone bracelet she has been making me. I love that spinel too, I do hope I can find something comparable to go with my tourm.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you too for your compliments:
VL
purplemelody
Arcadian - I think you do ;-)
alene
Stonie
LTP
and platinum

klewis said:
minousbijoux said:

-Minou

Minou - I see John Dyer has some new blue/green tourmaline which looks to be of really nice quality - check under "new" on his website.
AJ -I know you'll excuse this mini threadjack - now we're even. :wavey: I'm very interested to see what design RDG come up with.

Hey Minou-
thank you very much, I hope you can find your perfect gem.
If I may make a couple suggestions, Lisa Elser has a beautiful blue-green elongated cushion (also Afghan) at the moment; if you don't have her catalogue just email her..here is the photo below for you (and Lisa can provide 'real life' photos upon request).

and klewis too is right (and will avoid a mini-slap for his thread jacking as I agree, ha ha :rodent: ), John Dyer seems to specialize in really nice blue-green tourms, here's the link, please scroll through to see them.
John is a little more expensive than some of the other cutters favoured here, although I would certainly say his cutting and gems are worth the premium.

Tour-G-Rectmod-0930.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
GoodSoul said:
Simply Beautiful! The color and cut are just gorgeous!! Nice size and looks great on your hand. Love your nails too! You take great pictures!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

thank you goodsoul, very kind comments ::)

Chrono said:
So happy that you found the perfect shade that you've been looking for. And not only that, it is precision cut into such a lovely design (plus I'm partial to square cushions :cheeky: ).

Cheers Chrono! I'm very partial to them too - I do tend to try and buy other shapes, but I certainly own more cushions by far!
regardless, they all have very different 'personalities' to the cuts, which is why I appreciate what a precision cutter can do, and will likely buy more :devil: ;))

Thank you too for your compliments:
stargurl
empress
brandy - glad you like the proposed combo!
and tefu

:wavey:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Here's a couple more pics to keep things interesting ::)

t7.JPG

t3.JPG

t6.JPG

t2.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous aj!! The colour combo with the purple sidestones is to die for :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
I'm rapt you finally found your dream stone! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
wow, thank you everyone for such kind responses - I'm glad you all like it as much as I do!

Fly Girl said:
What a stunning stone. Gorgeous. This will make a beautiful piece, and I am all for the idea of a three-stone with colored sides. :tongue:
thanks flygirl - do you like the purple-violet spinels?

I do like the purple-violet. You are correct that the shade has to be just right. I think a bright sun-shiny yellow would also work.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume it is the one in your avatar... It is a beautiful stone. Jeff does excellent job. I also like the fact that his photos are so true to life. Congratuations.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning AJ! Nice nails too! (it's almost as fun to see what color your nails will be in your pics as it is seeing the cool stone images.)

Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful combo AJ, love your new acquisition.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi said:
Just gorgeous aj!! The colour combo with the purple sidestones is to die for :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
I'm rapt you finally found your dream stone! :appl:

aww thanks Andi, and glad you like the purple idea too ! :wavey:

Fly Girl said:
I do like the purple-violet. You are correct that the shade has to be just right. I think a bright sun-shiny yellow would also work.

Thanks flygirl for your input - hrmm, yellow I hadn't thought of. Although I like the combo theoretically, I always steer away from blue and yellow together in anything as its the colours of our local AFL team..kinda ruins it for you, lol..
I tried to photo it next to a lil violet spinel that is set in my JKT ring, but as you say this demonstrates how just the right shade of purple is needed, as I think the tourm is washing this colour out..it needs more competition with intensity of the hue me thinks ::)

with spinel1.JPG

with spinel5.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
Stunning AJ! Nice nails too! (it's almost as fun to see what color your nails will be in your pics as it is seeing the cool stone images.)

Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

Hey Tgal, cheers for your comments - on both the gem and nails :D
I must admit, I look back on some of my older threads from when I first joined at cringe at my nails then, I'm so very glad I've found someone who does them properly!
Do you have any thoughts on the 3 stone with spinel sides for setting?

Hi crasru, um yep you presume right, one and the same. I agree, Jeff does excellent work and his photos are some of the best imho..it was a pleasure to be able to work with JW again.

Thanks LG lovey - I really hope your demantoid drama can be resolved quickly.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Had to visit your gorgeous stone again, AJ. Makes me drool all over the keyboard!

--- Laurie

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice cut and colour.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I love your stone - that is the most beautiful shade of tourmaline. Congrats - it's gorgeous! :appl:

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
AJ... :wavey:

Each and every time you have a new stone...I just feel compelled to post, along with everyone else!!

It is a stunning stone, and oh so beautiful a colour. I saw sea that colour once, in Greece. I was entranced then, and am now... it is just simply lovely! And...the purple to go with it - perfect - in a word. Your jeweller has an eye, as do you my dear - for colour combos that just 'go'.

I wish you luck in the search for the perfect purple pair...it will be an awesome matching, with the blue/green. A little 'out there and outre' but all the more fun and 'right' for that. This stone and its destination is one to watch!

warmest regards to ya!

Wendy :))

eta...I've just seen the pictures you posted with the stone next to your JKT ring...you're right, it needs an intense purple...amethyst maybe? Or....two of the purple spinels you have already!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, personally I would set it and be the star of the show (I'm very conservative when it comes to jewelry). HOWEVER, I also know you've done some things that I wouldn't never have thought about doing with stunning results so I'm happy to give you my blessing on the combo. ::) It would probably be more of an eye popper than setting the blue solo. Either way, I'll be interested to see what you come up with!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
thankyou jewelfreak, oddoneout and Beacon for your compliments!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
thankyou jewelfreak, oddoneout and Beacon for your compliments!

Incredible stone! I love JW's stones (I feel quite fortunate to own one) but I must say, yours is probably my favorite color - period, whether in a gemstone or just about anything... I love that color and am told that is my most flattering color to wear (in clothing) so I'm sure it would be flattering to my skin in a gemstone also!!!!

I'm very very jealous!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results