shape
carat
color
clarity

My hunt is over! Electric, vivid cornflower blue sapphire from Gemocean or GemoceanLTD - Great Experiences!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Hello lovely pricescopers, I hope you're having a wonderful day!

This post has been long overdue but I wanted to give back to the community, since you all helped me so much in my hunt for the perfect cornflower blue sapphire.
My search was inspired by @Acinom 's sapphire (which is one for the ages!!! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-54-ct-sapphire-is-here-and-she-is-blue.207113/). Thank you to the pioneers before me who purchased from gemocean: @Cerulean @glitterata @ean !

I wanted a sapphire that was
1) vivid cornflower blue on the side of peacock blue or electric, with Acinom's sapphire as inspiration. color was the most important!
2) cushion shape
3) 2 carats or larger (I have a small size 5 ring finger)
4) unheated or heated - did not matter me
5) eye clean

I searched many vendors high and low recommended on this forum's sticky. However, due to the pandemic, supply was really scarce, and I really couldn't find one I loved. I did find a tiny unheated cushion to tide me over (post here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...and-old-mine-cut-diamond.266322/#post-4971892). I knew that I needed to be patient.

Thanks to this forum, over a year ago in 2021, I messaged gemoceanltd about my desired sapphire specifications. He did find one that matched the specifications above. He sent me the photos and videos of the stone in all different types of lighting. He also pointed out inclusions stated that because of it, it was not a top gem. His responses were fast, he was very honest, and he not pushy at all. He explained that due to the pandemic, supply was very scarce; because of the lockdowns there's no mining, heating process, or cutting going on. I thought about the sapphire and told hm that I wanted to hold out for the right sapphire; I wanted to 100% love it. He said he understood and said "Only if it speaks to you should you pull the trigger." He said he would keep an eye out for a top cushion for me. It was a great experience, and I wished I could have bought from him, but the had no stones in stock.

Fast forward a year+ later and I was browsing instagram when I saw gemoceanltd's stories show 4 sapphires, one of them a vivid cushion! My heart skipped a beat and I immediately asked him if the third sapphire was for sale.
IMG_3418.jpg

Video of the instagram story and stones in different lighting conditions: He sent me videos and photos in different lighting conditions. I asked him if it was translucent or silky, and he said that it is silky inside.

I knew it was the sapphire for me, but wanted to do my due diligence as it involved an international wire transfer!

IMG_3552.jpg B674C4A5-2617-4922-B22E-7DE88C7E4095.JPG D82DA2F2-2689-4D2C-8D25-340B3F773FAB.JPG

Positive purchase experiences from @glitterata and @Cerulean and @ean helped me confirm that I should say yes to the stone! (Thank you so much for these posts!)
- https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-natural-sapphire-under-2k.263770/page-2
- https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/silky-blue-sapphire-finds-her-home.268173/
- https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sapphire-is-on-its-way.266877/

Stone specs:
2.14 carat sapphire
7.93 x 6.82 x 4.59 mm
Vivid Blue ('Royal Blue') from Royal Gem Lab in Sri Lanka

Elongated cushion shape!

After the wire transaction, he sent the stone to the gem lab (Royal Gem Lab). I was supposed to get it in 4-5 days from fedex after shipment, but I had an unlucky snafu where I had to deal with international customs for a week or two. After customs cleared, the shipment was actually very fast from Sri Lanka to the USA via Fedex!

Here are my first photos of the sapphire! I didn't have a chance to take pictures of it with my dSLR and they're just iphone photos, but the sapphire is on its way to David Klass to be made into a ring now. I will keep this forum updated when it comes!

Inside but against strong sunlight:

IMG-5130.jpg

Outside full sun:

IMG-5086.jpg IMG-5381.jpg
IMG-5383.jpg
IMG-5345.jpg

In shade:
IMG-5363.jpg

Inside comparison with royal blue sapphire:
IMG-5232.jpg

IMG-5275.jpg

Inside in low light (doesn't black out)

IMG-5268.jpg

Inside against window but in lower light:

IMG-5198.jpg

Inside
IMG-5174.jpg

It's hard to capture the blueness this sapphire; it's more beautiful in real life!

If you're on a the hunt for a sapphire, know that the right one will come with time and patience. I'm also happy to point to the same resources as the same ones I looked if you're ever in that hunt. I went with gemoceanltd because that was the right stone for me; in general, he had remarkable prices for top quality sapphires.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is a STUNNING color! Well done, and enjoy your new shiny! Congratulations!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: I am extremely jealousssssssssssssssssssssss. :love:
Biggest compliment I can give it.
It's velvety luscious goodness and I can't wait to see the ring.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It just glows!! Gorgeous! I love it!!! Lucky (and patient) you!! Looking forward to seeing it set!!

Well it doesn't get much bluer than that, @reirei! Big congrats to you!! Can't wait to see the finished piece. :kiss2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic! Congratulations and I can’t wait to see it set:kiss2:

Holy monkeys. All the time and effort you put into finding it have totally paid off!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absofreakingly beautiful! :kiss2:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, love it! I'm not much of a blue sapphire person but wouldn't kick that stone out of bed :twisted2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s stunning! How are you setting it?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, now that's a BLUE!!!!! What a gorgeous color, congrats!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it heated/treated?

M

maru8888777

This is a dream of sapphire! Among my favorites in this forum. Enjoy it in good health :)

Kalynna

Rough_Rock
@reirei OH MY WORD, that is so gorgeous!! And it must be even more sweet after all of that time spent hunting finally paid off! I can't wait to see it set o_O

This inspired me to get my own little cornflower sapphire for a piece I'm planning with some of my family's old Thai stones that are a bit too dark for my liking, but sentimental. I'll be thrilled if it's even 1/100th as pretty as yours. Congratulations, and thank you for posting your experience!!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a colour!!! :kiss2:

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
Love, Love, Love the consistency of that gorgeous blue color. :love::dance:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!

I’m also looking for a silky one like Acinom’s (hers is the benchmark holy grail it seems) that’s around 1-1.5ct in case anyone finds one for me….

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
What a terrific find. Your due diligence has paid off. Just gorgeous.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...what others said :kiss2:

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Wow. A rhapsody in blue indeed. It looks like pictures of top quality Kashmir sapphires, with that vivd saturation and 'sleepy' appearance where the subtle silk diffuses the light and fills the stone with blue velvet.

Assuming that is a Sri Lankan sapphire, it's got to be the best I've ever seen.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone! I love it. How will you set your gorgeous stone?

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So mind-bogglingly beautiful!!! Love how this worked out for you!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results