shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire is on its way

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Inspired by the lovely stones I've seen here, I bought a blue sapphire from the Sri Lanka-based seller who sold @Cerulean her gorgeous blue sapphire--mine's a round stone that looks like it should be a similar color to yours, Cerulean (fingers crossed). Now, after a long wait due to covid, it's winging its way to me. It's been through Sri Lanka, Singapore, and Taiwan, and FedEx says it's reached Anchorage, AK. It just has to make it across the continental US and to my door.

Feeling impatient and excited--I KNOW you folks will understand!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh so exciting! Do you have vendor pics you can tame us down with while we wait? What are your plans for setting it?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ringo! I have videos, but no easy way to post them. I'll take plenty of photos when it gets here! It's going into a ring, which I will want lots of advice about after I see it in person.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh I am so excited to see it! :kiss2:

reirei

Shiny_Rock
I'm excited to see what sapphire the vendor pictures vs the one in real life!

zhazha

Rough_Rock
congrats! come and share your picture with us once it arrives

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo can't wait!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tease! Hurry up an open the package.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here it is in various lighting. I'm delighted! The color is beautiful, the cut is lovely, no window, no bulky belly (unlike its new owner)--a sparkly, happy, blue blue BLUE stone.

IMG_3925.jpg IMG_3933.jpg IMG_3936.jpg IMG_3943.jpg IMG_3952.jpg IMG_3954.jpg IMG_3957.jpg IMG_3963.jpg IMG_3966.jpg IMG_3975.jpg IMG_3977.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The seller described it as "Cornflower blue," and some of his videos showed it as lighter than it looks to my eyes, but some of his photos and videos showed it as exactly the color I see, which is what I was expecting it to look like. The first two photos here are screenshots of the light video, which I thought was probably too bright and saturated, and the lower photo is one I thought would be more realistic, which turned out to be the case. In real life it looks better than his dark photo, and at least as good as my photos.
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 5.45.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 5.46.19 PM.png
174067224_165271745370774_3231216283484428062_n.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color! Congratulations, it's beautiful.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous. Really gorgeous :kiss2:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That is a fabulous color. Love the size and the cutting.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, jewelry friends! Now I need to figure out how to set it. Maybe I'll start a new thread about that.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It is just scrumptious - I love it. I am so glad this stone when to a PSer - I was ogling it for weeks and just couldn’t justify it - so glad it meets your expectations as it looks like a winner to me!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The seller sent the sapphire with a report from Royal Gem Lab in Galle, Sri Lanka. In one of my photos, you can see what the lab had to say about the sapphire (carat weight, dimensions, type of cut, transparency, description of color, evidence of heating). The seller told me he uses this lab because it's near him and in his experience they agree with other labs. Given that nobody's claiming this sapphire is unheated, is there any point in my sending it to a better-known lab? It's purely for my own enjoyment--I'm not planning to sell it, and I'm not trying to build a collection of heirlooms or anything like that. I have zero doubt that it is, in fact, a heated, natural sapphire.

@Cerulean , thank you for inspiring me to buy this lovely sapphire. I longed for one just like yours and kept checking your seller until one popped up that looked like his photos of yours. Yours is bigger and unheated, but I do think they're in the same universe.

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on such a beautiful sapphire stone! I love the color!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
i can't wait to see it in the sun - it will glow, i am sure of it!

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This sapphire is SO SO amazing! May I ask the vendor? I'm so happy for you! This will bring you so much enjoyment through beauty. <3

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
This sapphire is SO SO amazing! May I ask the vendor? I'm so happy for you! This will bring you so much enjoyment through beauty. <3

Thank you, wowee! The seller is GemOceanLtd on Instagram. He was great--very patient and accommodating.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful-Love the color and cut!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results