shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire is on its way

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful blue sapphire. Just gorgeous! Congratulations! Can’t wait to see what you have planned for it.

May I ask how long it took for the parcel to arrive?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful blue sapphire. Just gorgeous! Congratulations! Can’t wait to see what you have planned for it.

May I ask how long it took for the parcel to arrive?

It was only 5 days once it shipped. But it took a long time for the money to get to the seller's account--his bank kept rejecting the transfer from my bank--and then covid prevented him from shipping it for a while, so it was several weeks from the time I started trying to purchase it until I actually received it.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
It was only 5 days once it shipped. But it took a long time for the money to get to the seller's account--his bank kept rejecting the transfer from my bank--and then covid prevented him from shipping it for a while, so it was several weeks from the time I started trying to purchase it until I actually received it.

Never heard of a bank not wanting money. Lol. Enjoy in good health.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

I’ve not come across that seller before - what’s his pricing like if you don’t mind me asking?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
It is so beautiful!

I looked at a blue sapphire from GemOceanLtd, but it was smaller that I wanted. I did not want to wait for them to get something bigger plus I was nervous to purchase from out of the country. I ended purchasing from a different vendor. I did find that GemOceanLtd very responsive to questions and provided additional photos, video and pricing quickly. I thought their pricing was very reasonable.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words!

@LD, his pricing seemed very reasonable to me—which makes sense given the risk involved in wiring money across the globe with no guarantees and great difficulties with returns. Safer transactions come with higher costs. But I thought it would turn out well because Cerulean had a great experience and a great stone, and I was right.

Reactions: LD

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The sun FINALLY came out for a few minutes, for the first time since my sapphire arrived. Boy, does the sun love this sapphire! Here are some photos, including a couple showing my 1920s ring set with a perfectly pleasant little half-carat sapphire. Wow, what a difference!
IMG_4013.jpg IMG_4015.jpg IMG_4016.jpg IMG_4021.jpg

reirei

Shiny_Rock
The sun FINALLY came out for a few minutes, for the first time since my sapphire arrived. Boy, does the sun love this sapphire! Here are some photos, including a couple showing my 1920s ring set with a perfectly pleasant little half-carat sapphire. Wow, what a difference!

It's gorgeous!!!!!! It's literally glowing... my eyes O_O what an amazing stone

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so beautiful - now I want one :kiss2:. All I need now is a money tree.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Oh it’s lovely!!! Did the seller tell you which mine the stone is from? The Sri Lanka sellers do often know the mine and it’s an additional nugget of information that I love to have even if it’s not on the cert.

Can’t wait to see how you set it!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh it’s lovely!!! Did the seller tell you which mine the stone is from? The Sri Lanka sellers do often know the mine and it’s an additional nugget of information that I love to have even if it’s not on the cert.

Can’t wait to see how you set it!

Oh, what a good question, @icy_jade ! He didn't tell me the mine, but I'll ask--maybe he knows.

I'm thinking I'll probably set it in a platinum 8-prong crown solitaire with no diamonds/pave, but I haven't completely decided. Suggestions welcome! I definitely want it in platinum.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a good question, @icy_jade ! He didn't tell me the mine, but I'll ask--maybe he knows.

I'm thinking I'll probably set it in a platinum 8-prong crown solitaire with no diamonds/pave, but I haven't completely decided. Suggestions welcome! I definitely want it in platinum.

Yeah my 5 ct sapphire is supposed to be from the Elahera mine.

Haha you know if you ask me then it will be something with halo right...
D6FA20A7-16CC-4CB3-9335-993B061D195A.png
I like this

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yeah my 5 ct sapphire is supposed to be from the Elahera mine.

Haha you know if you ask me then it will be something with halo right...
D6FA20A7-16CC-4CB3-9335-993B061D195A.png
I like this

That IS beautiful. I don't think I want a halo, but maybe I'll change my mind. I messaged the seller to see if he knows where my sapphire is from--will report back if he responds.

Do you have an opinion about whether it's worth bothering to send it to a more well-known lab to confirm what the Royal Gem Lab said (natural, heat treated), given that it's not very big, I'm not planning to sell it, and nobody's claiming it's unheated?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Do you have an opinion about whether it's worth bothering to send it to a more well-known lab to confirm what the Royal Gem Lab said (natural, heat treated), given that it's not very big, I'm not planning to sell it, and nobody's claiming it's unheated?

So far I’ve sent my direct from Sri Lanka seller stones to my local lab to test and they’ve all turned out as described ie unheated and from whichever source (Sri Lanka or Africa). But it is way easier and more affordable to send to my local lab to test so I don’t have that barrier of cost/time so to speak.

Same like you, I don’t plan to sell but I just prefer knowing for sure that the stones are as described. Also gives me more confidence for future transactions.

Honestly think there is no wrong answer. It depends on how bothered or unbothered you will be.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock

I asked the seller, but he didn't know. He says for heated stones he doesn't ask, and even the supplier doesn't bother to check the mine, because big lots of rough are heated and the color changes completely. All he can tell me is that he normally buys stones from Madagascar and Sri Lanka, and this is from one of those two places. He also says, "I have seen some suppliers say pin point the local mine, personally I think many just say a name to give more authenticity to the stone while actually they are not aware which local mine produced."

voce

Ideal_Rock

That is absolutely spectacular for the color! I put it on par with Acinom's avatar sapphire in that lighting, in color, if not in size. :kiss2:

shrimpsiumai

Rough_Rock
Here's a screenshot from one of the videos he sent me, which shows pretty well what I see with my eyes.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.50.28 PM.png

I absolutely LOVE the color and I am looking exactly for this color but in a pear shape. My question to you is, was this gem listed on the frontpage of his IG or did you ask him to source it for you? TIA

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE the color and I am looking exactly for this color but in a pear shape. My question to you is, was this gem listed on the frontpage of his IG or did you ask him to source it for you? TIA

It was on his IG--I didn't ask him to source it.

liawn2109

Rough_Rock
What a lovely stone! Which vendor is this? Sorry if I missed it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love the color - it almost vibrates! So vivid!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
The sapphire is stunning! Such beautiful velvety blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results