shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My grandmothers ring

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond and setting. How sweet it has all that history.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is stunning! Congrats. Definitely wear it something like that does not deserve to be shoved away into a security box.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is a knockout!!! I just love the hearts on the sides!!! Love your Aqua, too!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile and hearts on gma''s ring are amazing! So happy it is out of the vault for you to wear! Congrats!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning ring with so much history - I love it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love your grandmother''s--now your--ring
30.gif
Wear it well...

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your grandmother''s ring is beautiful. Enjoy wearing it!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 12:14:00 AM
Author: vivianv
Thank you all for the nice comments about my ''new'' ring!! I do intend to wear it a lot, it is a shame to keep these in the dark where no one can see them. This one gets into the light again!!
I so agree that I am lucky to have inherited such a ring.:) I had never even seen it before since it was in the bank vault all those years.You would think that since the family owned a jewelry store until the 1920''s there would have been a lot of lovely family jewelry but only three pieces were kept. A sister and brother have the other two. I like this one best of all. I can just see in my mind my grandmother as a young women looking at the ring sparkle in every light the way I am doing now .I can almost feel the excitement in my grandfather as he chose this ring and presented it to her.Makes the years melt away and I feel closer to them than ever even though they have been gone for 20 years now.

Sarahbear621 ,I think I should have put the aqua in white gold and as much as I hate to say it...I think it is too big!! I may sell it and get a smaller one..I just do not wear it at all.Or maybe in ten years or so I''ll like it better..the older I get the bigger I like my jewelry.Covers more wrinkles...
19.gif
This made me tear up a little. I''m so glad you''re getting to wear and enjoy this beautiful ring and that it brings such wonderful memories of your grandparents. The family history and sentiment behind it makes it special - what a nice bonus that it is also a FABULOUS ring!

I don''t think your aqua is too shabby either! The simple setting really lets it shine.

Jen

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Love it!
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I really love this ring!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are so lucky.
It is so beautiful; what a treasure.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! It is so unique. I''m glad to hear you are going to let this beauty "out of the box". Wear it with joy
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only do they mean a lot to you, but the stone and setting are gorgeous. Very unique prongs with 2 little hearts on the side, complete with engraving.
30.gif

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Your Grandmother was a lucky lady!!! I love it.
30.gif

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is some ring. I love a ring with history!!!! It''s beautiful. Way to make everyone jealous!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Your grandmother''s ring is jaw-dropping!!!!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I really love this! It is gorgeous...and so is the Aqua!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
That ring is a STUNNER! It''s only right that you get to take her out and show her off!!! How lovely!!!

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
I am delighted that the ring is still appreciated after all these years of hiding away.It is so delicate and intricate, I know I have not seen another like it.My grandparents would be pleased that her beautiful ring is loved by me and still seen as a thing of beauty by others.Thanks to you all, I loved reading the comments.They make me appreciate the ring even more.

Skippy, I will try to get some more photos when the sun comes out again but that could be next spring.:)

MrsMitchell, I did not mean to make anyone tear up.Sorry about that....
21.gif

Thanks to those that like the aqua as well.Maybe it is not as bad as I think. I imagine in time it will grow on me.It certainly has good coverage!!

Reactions: AV_

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! Enjoy it and wear it in good health!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring, and the fact it came from your Grandma makes it all the more special

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wowza you are so lucky! It''s beautiful! I like your aqua too.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the best preserved antique rings I''ve ever seen. Most of them are wayyyy more worn than that. Quite amazing condition. And, of course, the stone and setting itself is smashing!
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely ring from your Gma!! I''m so glad that it''s not sitting alone in the dark anymore. Enjoy!!
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Vivian!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....such a precious heirloom....what a beauty!!! Your aqua ring is beautiful, too!!!

Lori

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous ring. I am glad you have it to wear and enjoy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your grandmother''s ring! What a wonderful story about owning the jewelry store. You are very fortunate to have such a beautiful keepsake.

The aqua is pretty too - I think I do agree with you though about having it in a white metal. I think the yellow gold makes it look a bit washed out - and I''m a yellow gold fan. Having said that, it is a lovely ring and far prettier than most others have. I would wear it and enjoy it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m stunned at what excellent condition it is for an Edwardian piece. The engraving looks like it was done yesterday, and I love the OEC on the diamond. Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results