shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My grandmothers ring

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Seems like a long time since I posted here...I should be ashamed of myself since I still lurk and read all the time!!

Last week my mother gave me my grandmothers engagement ring.My grandparents were engaged in 1915,married in 1916.The ring came from the family jewelry store so it holds a lot of history for me. The center stone is around a carat.Not sure of color or clarity but it is not as low color as my M and I see nothing in it using my 30 power loupe.[overkill, I know!!] It''s been locked in a safety deposit box for years ...I intend to wear it.
I really love its chunky sparkles.

Multiple photos coming.
36.gif

oecboxfire.jpg

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Another:

oecfinger1.jpg

Reactions: AV_

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
more...

oecrock1.jpg

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!! I love reading about stories like yours - so much history. I do hope you wear it and enjoy it because it''s a knock out!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a wonderful family ring! That is a beautiful diamond, and the profile of the setting is incredible!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
yet another...

antringtop.jpg

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! I really, really love it!!

antring4.jpg

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
You can almost see the triple milgrain in this...

oecmilgrain2.jpg

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Last one! I''ve got tons but these will do...

oecfingertop6.jpg

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
I forgot I was going to post this one...about a year ago I was going to post a photo of my 4.75 CT aqua ring . I was not pleased with how it turned out so never did. Here it is [finally huh Ellen?!] it does not deserve its own thread so it can share this one.
It's a little blech...
14.gif

oecaaqua.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and how wonderful that it belonged to your grandma!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Your grandmother''s diamond ring is beautiful! i can only image the sentimental value it has to you! it is a shame it has been in a safety deposit box so long!

The actually aqua stone is lovely and I don''t see anything wrong with the setting except that it is very simple. What were you envisioning for it?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgous ring! Great profile shot, very nice! You are blessed to have such a great piece with a wonderfull history!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings are gorgeous!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. You''re very lucky to inherite such a beauty.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
swoon! the details on the setting are spectacular and the stone looks perfect! Congrats
36.gif

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the nice comments about my "new" ring!! I do intend to wear it a lot, it is a shame to keep these in the dark where no one can see them. This one gets into the light again!!
I so agree that I am lucky to have inherited such a ring.:) I had never even seen it before since it was in the bank vault all those years.You would think that since the family owned a jewelry store until the 1920''s there would have been a lot of lovely family jewelry but only three pieces were kept. A sister and brother have the other two. I like this one best of all. I can just see in my mind my grandmother as a young women looking at the ring sparkle in every light the way I am doing now .I can almost feel the excitement in my grandfather as he chose this ring and presented it to her.Makes the years melt away and I feel closer to them than ever even though they have been gone for 20 years now.

Sarahbear621 ,I think I should have put the aqua in white gold and as much as I hate to say it...I think it is too big!! I may sell it and get a smaller one..I just do not wear it at all.Or maybe in ten years or so I''ll like it better..the older I get the bigger I like my jewelry.Covers more wrinkles...
19.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow...wow. I love that ring. It''s beautiful. I agree, it doesn''t belong locked up in the dark.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, it''s gorgeous!
30.gif

And it''s so exciting to have this, it''s like a little particle of the love your grandparents shared is still with you. I know, I''m a hopeless romantic.
3.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Fantastic ring!!
36.gif
30.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WOW! Love it!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!!!!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring is just amazing. The detail of the setting...just wow! It''s what so many vintage replicas try to imitate. But you have the real deal!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous family heirloom! So glad you''re gonna wear it since that ring deserves to be seen and not just kept locked away! As for your aquamarine, it''s a beautiful ring! I say keep it and see what you think about it in 10 years :razz:.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a beautiful ring! I love everything about it plus it was your Grandmother''s. It can''t get any better than that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
More pictures please!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! I love the little hearts on the side. I love the story as well. That is a pretty large diamond for 1915. What a wonderful ring for your
grandmother to wear and no you too! It is just gorgeous!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I love the design! Really awesome ring, glad it isn''t lonely in a box anymore - that piece needs to reflect some light!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
It''s absolutely stunning!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a special ring! I love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results