shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My first jbEG purchase!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, briolette. It will be quite a while before it is ready for its debut....many months, but it will be well worth it(for me at least).

Anyways, enough of my mini thread jack, and back to your beauty!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! you just made jewel of the week :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Very cool ring Briolette! It looks perfect on your gorgeous tiny fingers! I've never seen a rose cut in person but they have caught my eye serveral times on other sites and I've wondered about their performance. You mentioned that the polish is growing on you but how about the light return? I would absolutely love the have a lengthy dbty necklace with rose cuts! :love:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1325886325|3096772 said:

Heeeee! *SQUEAL* Just noticed that. Thank you Amy!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Christina...|1325886787|3096783 said:
Very cool ring Briolette! It looks perfect on your gorgeous tiny fingers! I've never seen a rose cut in person but they have caught my eye serveral times on other sites and I've wondered about their performance. You mentioned that the polish is growing on you but how about the light return? I would absolutely love the have a lengthy dbty necklace with rose cuts! :love:

Hi Christina,

I think the design, the comfort factor and personality of the ring make up for the lack of light performance. It's plenty brilliant and dances in low light. It definitely is a different look from a modern brilliant or even an antique cushion, but I think its still pretty.
You can see fire at the 3/4 angle. I probably should have asked them to pick a stone that was especially fiery even if that meant a smaller diameter, but I didn't think of it! (if you look at the video, you can see how to rose gold version has a stone with a higher apex and its a little showier than the other two. Mine is similar to the white gold one http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/JbEGSignatureSettingsandSpecia/Plain-and-Pave-Solitaires/Rose-Cut-Bezeled-Rings/20390909_fhkzZ9#1613521143_PGxHpJS-A-LB)

Just goes to show diamonds all have different personalities!

What my local jeweler back home told me is that modern rose cuts are usually from mackle rough which is a flatter crystal. Anyhow this stone is a little on the shallow side compared to antique rose cuts or thicker cut rose diamonds, hence the lack of dispersion. My guess is that this is a modern rose cut. In addition, the ones that I have seen that really displayed a nice amount of fire always seemed to be solid backed, sometimes with foil. I think that keeps the light bouncing around the inside of the stone.

Now a lengthy rose cut necklace would be to die for!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics Begonia! It really is lovely - so sweetly simple and dainty :love: And I have a J in pretty strongly coloured metal that I'm a-okay with myself, so I totally understand ::)

That's how I've always seen rose cuts - with foil backs. I don't know why leaving the back exposed seems like such a novel concept - but it is! I'm loading up my favourites folder :bigsmile:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
How lovely! Can't wait to see it! :appl:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Tuckins1 said:
How lovely! Can't wait to see it! :appl:

I already got it! The pictures are in the thread. :)

Gorgeous! I am so glad you got the ring, I have actually admired it on the site in the past and thought this would make a great stacker!! It looks amazing and has such great presence on your finger! I was waiting to see your pics before pulling the trigger, but am now wondering if the shallowness of it will bother me. Does seeing through the diamond (or, I guess, in other words, having your skin show through) when it's on your hand bother you?

Thanks!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I am so jealous of your finger size!!! It is a beautiful ring! I dont have any rose cut stones, and love seeing different cuts!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! This is almost exactly what my original conception for my engagement ring was like (unusual for an engagement ring, I know), but jewelers in these parts weren't readily able to find rose cuts for us to look at, and we didn't feel comfortable buying a rose cut over the internet without really having seen many in person.
That is really lovely though! I would love something like that for a RHR (now that my left ring finger is spoken for :appl: ) (although it would maybe be a little too similar to what I do have for an e-ring). Single Stone has a really beautiful rose cut bezel eternity ring that I have my eye on. Maybe some day... :halo:

omc111

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring. Every time I go to the JbyEG site, those rings just call to me--I love them.

I have a rose cut rough diamond that I had designed by a jeweler on Etsy. It's very similar to yours, except in rose gold. I had a flat wedding band made with scattered diamonds that fits under one side of the ring. It really looks cool. You might think about that type of band for your ring, if you have room under the ring for a flat band.

Enjoy your ring and congrats on Jewel/Gem (?) of the Week!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1325886325|3096772 said:

This is awesome!

I love the ring, it is so different from anything out there and it looks great on your hand! :))

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words ladies!

Yes, it is nice to have a lot of finger coverage due to the smaller ring size, but I gotta say it's sometimes frustrating I can't buy something "off the shelf" I almost always have to have stuff custom made and sometime you just wanna buy a fun ring, ya know? Smallest stock size is usually a 5. Had I been a size 7, I would have immediately grabbed the rose gold version posted on the site because the stone was obviously a cut above!

I love the rings off of Single Stone as well. One day when I have the money I will definitely buy a ring from them. Reading the descriptions, it looks like the use predominantly antique rose cuts.

blingityblangityboop|1325899929|3096952 said:
Gorgeous! I am so glad you got the ring, I have actually admired it on the site in the past and thought this would make a great stacker!! It looks amazing and has such great presence on your finger! I was waiting to see your pics before pulling the trigger, but am now wondering if the shallowness of it will bother me. Does seeing through the diamond (or, I guess, in other words, having your skin show through) when it's on your hand bother you?

Thanks!

I think if you ask for a stone with a higher apex the light play will be better (ie more fire). Without a backing you almost always see through a rose cut. It doesn't bother me that I can see through the stone but I wish it displayed a little more of those bold flashes of keleidoscopic light that you see in some of their other rose cuts. All things considered, I'm still very happy with the ring.

briolette|1325920397|3097151 said:
I found an older thread of someone else's stunning rose cut diamond ring with handshots here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-an-oldie-my-rose-cut-diamond-ring.23202/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-an-oldie-my-rose-cut-diamond-ring.23202/[/URL]

That's a particularly nice ring and stone, and an example of what I mean by "higher apex" or deeper stone.

Oh, gorgeous! Thank you! I am so jealous of your tiny fingers. I wouldn't mind having everything custom made; it's uniquely yours!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is very pretty!

rigs

Rough_Rock
This is a beautiful ring and looks great on you! I'm currently struggling with deciding between yellow gold vs white gold ring set. Your yellow gold looks gorgeous and makes me want one! I'm just wondering what ppl's opinions of white gold vs yellow gold is and what colour/material of watch to pair with yellow gold rings?! I truly think yellow gold jewelry is making a comeback which is so exciting!
Thx!! :)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I just saw your ring and am in love....I hope to have something like this one day!

Lori

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
briolette|1325920397|3097151 said:
I found an older thread of someone else's stunning rose cut diamond ring with handshots here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-an-oldie-my-rose-cut-diamond-ring.23202/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-an-oldie-my-rose-cut-diamond-ring.23202/[/URL]

That's a particularly nice ring and stone, and an example of what I mean by "higher apex" or deeper stone.

It's a pretty ring, but you've mentioned throughout this thread about wanting a higher apex. Is there anything you can do to work with them to make it perfect for you? Because it doesn't sound like you love it as much as you could.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god I love it! Really unusual and it looks fabulous on your hand. I really want one!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this. It looks perfect on your hand. It makes me want a rose cut!!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I've been meaning to say this for a while - I love your ring. I know you were feeling you'd have preferred it to be a little deeper, but I think it is perfect the way it is and I do hope you are enjoying it to the full now.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it has definitely grown on me. The shallow apex doesn't bother me as much and it was a very affordable purchase. When I'm candle light it really bounces around big patches of color.

Curious if anyone else on here bought the rose gold one?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
briolette|1332373079|3153830 said:
Yes, it has definitely grown on me. The shallow apex doesn't bother me as much and it was a very affordable purchase. When I'm candle light it really bounces around big patches of color.

Curious if anyone else on here bought the rose gold one?

im curious too! maybe it was a non-PSer

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results