shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

It''s An Oldie!- My Rose Cut Diamond Ring

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by currada, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. currada
    Rough_Rock

by currada » Dec 31, 2004
    Hello,

I have seen a few post lately on rose cut diamonds, and I wanted to share my ring with everyone. I found it hard to capture in pictures the cut of the diamond. The facets on the diamond are all on the top and form a pyramid upwards that ends in a point. The bottom of the diamond is flat- I''m sure the experts can descibe it better than I- but wanted to post some pictures for all. Hope you like it as much as I do.... posting a few pictures but takes me some time to load them up.

Darlene

send3.jpg

2. currada
    Rough_Rock

Sorry the pictures are so large- I tried to shrink them but I guess I need more practice.

send4.JPG

3. currada
    Rough_Rock

another

send5.jpg

4. currada
    Rough_Rock

last one you can kinda see how the diamond comes to a point.

send2.jpg

5. pearcrazy
    Brilliant_Rock

by pearcrazy » Jan 1, 2005
    Very pretty and unique. I love the setting.

6. belle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by belle » Jan 1, 2005
    wow, nice ring! great pics, they really show the detail well!

7. MelissaSue
    Ideal_Rock

by MelissaSue » Jan 1, 2005
    what a great ring! The ring is beautiful and the cut of the diamond is soo unique and pretty!

8. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Jan 1, 2005
    HI:

Outstanding! I love rose cuts++ and original (vintage) settings. Thanks for shring this beauty.

cheers--Sharon

9. lovemybigassch
    Rough_Rock

by lovemybigassch » Jan 1, 2005
    oh, I love that! I just saw this cut for the first time recently, and I feel like I need to have one!! That, and briolettes (did I spell that right?) are my new obsessions for 2005 [​IMG]

10. Jennifer5973
    Ideal_Rock

by Jennifer5973 » Jan 1, 2005
    Wow--that is a very lovely rose cut. I''ve seen a couple in person but yours is really beautiful and full of life. [​IMG][​IMG]

Congrats![​IMG]

11. pqcollectibles
    Ideal_Rock

by pqcollectibles » Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful ring!! [​IMG]

I love the one pic where you are holding the shank between your fingers. The stone is so clear, your fingers show right thru! [​IMG]

12. currada
    Rough_Rock

by currada » Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for your comments. I tried to get a real close up picture so you could see the cut of the diamond and the craftmanship of the ring- It also has 18 rose cut accent diamonds. Unfortunately in getting the picture so large the diamond appears cloudy and included which isn''t the case it''s as clear as a bell.

Funny when I first got the ring, I took it to a B&M jeweler recommened by a friend that did in house repairs. After looking at the ring in his crowded store- he told me the stone was fake and probably glass. A very embarassed me protested... and it could only be settled by him bringing out his diamond tester to show me that I was wrong. Luckily he was the one that was wrong and apologized for his error- and I found someone that specialized in antiques who knew what it was and was able to make the repairs needed.

I don''t blame the original jeweler- even though I was about to toss my cookies at the thought of the money I spent on this fake- I still frequent his store he has great knowledge of jewelry- just know now if your dealing with antiques its better to take it to someone who specializes in them.

13. pearcrazy
    Brilliant_Rock

by pearcrazy » Jan 1, 2005
    What is the carat weight, color and clarity? It looks huge on your hand. Do your wear it as your engagement ring or is it just a fun piece?

14. Patty
    Ideal_Rock

by Patty » Jan 1, 2005
    It''s a beautiful ring. I love the shape of the stone. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a good close up of a Rose cut until now. Thanks!

15. Bagpuss
    Brilliant_Rock

by Bagpuss » Jan 1, 2005
    It's very lovely - I am very partial to old cuts, but have yet to own a rose cut. One like yours would be peachy!

They really throw out the colours though, don't you agree. I know my OEC does.

16. MichelleCarmen
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MichelleCarmen » Jan 1, 2005
    Wow! Gorgeous ring. I am jealous! [​IMG]

17. Libster
    Brilliant_Rock

by Libster » Jan 2, 2005
    WOW,
    What a beautiful ring and setting. I have never seen a rose cut diamond before and absolutely love it[​IMG]

18. currada
    Rough_Rock

by currada » Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks for everyones interest- I love to hear comments from those with the same
    obsessions as myself.

PearCrazy- The diamond as been evaluated as H-SI.. the size would be hard for you to determine
    by carat weight unless you are familiar with rose cuts- because rose cuts have all their carat weight visible to the eye so to speak. It is just over 8mm so it has the spread of a 2 carat- I think it also looks large because the stone starts mid point (where the diamond is flat) and then the facets pyramid upwards towards you as you hold the ring. Hard for me to explain...

Bagpuss- I totally agree with you about Old European Cuts- I love to look at all the modern brilliant cut diamonds that are posted in this forum and to follow their search for the perfect cut and color combination- they always turn out gorgeous... but for my myself I prefer to buy the older cuts.. the flashes of color and the look of them win me over. Although this rose cut doesn''t really throw any colors its more of a white flash.

19. Hest88
    Ideal_Rock

by Hest88 » Jan 3, 2005
    Ah, love older cuts! Thanks for showing us close-ups of your rose cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.