shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My first jbEG purchase!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I am about to burst from excitement. I just got an email from Grace from jbEG (Jewels by Erica Grace) that my ring is gonna be shipped today and that I should get it by tomorrow morning!!!! I was going to wait until I actually I had it in my hands before I started this thread but the anticipation is killing me and I'm starting to fidget. LOL.

I ordered one of their rose cut diamond rings:

Rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring-9-M.jpg

Rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring-16-M.jpg

However, mine will be in 18k yellow gold with a high polish finish. Grace mentioned that the jeweler said he prefers satin finish for the bezel because it makes the stone pop out, and that they're happy to redo it if I end up agreeing, but I think the high polish finish will be fine. Won't know until I actually see it. Because my fingers are on the petite size, she opted to get one made for me from scratch (I wear a size 3.75). It only took 3 weeks to make.

Let me tell you, the customer service has been fantastic! I bombarded her with a ton of question in the beginning and she answered each email promptly and thoroughly. The purchase process went smoothly and communication has been consistent. I know I'm going to make a future purchase from then and I have to thank PS for helping me discover that site.

All that's left is for the parcel service to get it to my door safely.

PLEASE EVERYONE send good juju so it doesn't get lost in the mail or make sure I'm not in the shower when the deliver guy swings by tomorrow morning! Heh. ::)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you! What size rose cut did end up with? I've been eyeballing them since they arrived and want one for a RHR-I'm holding out to find one lose and praying that James Meyer will do it when the time comes (years lol).

I can't wait to see it polished with hand shots! Might push me over the edge and get one for my birthday in Feb-I'll be 6 this year :)

Hand shots asap! I'm so excited for you! <3!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it! I am sooo excited to see it on your hand! Tell us about the stone!!! dimensions? color? yay!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I cannot wait to see your ring! So excited :twirl:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I look forward to your hand shots!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh those are such sweet rings :love:

I'm looking forward to your handshots, and to hearing what you think of the rose cut!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Yes yes! I will definitely take tons of photos from all different angles when I get it and post hand shorts for sure.

Vintagelover, I'm sure that a James Meyer ring with a rose cut will be fabulous! That's another jeweler who I want a ring from one day/

Amy's_bling, I don't know which one in particular I ended up with. They had a parcel on hand. I'm sure the invoice when I get it will have the exact info (and I'll definitely post the specifics). This is what was on the order write up:

"Size 3.75 high polish 18k yellow gold ring. Center diamond to be approx .45 to .5 cts. J color, VS quality"

I keep checking the tracking number and it keeps saying "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated" :confused:

I hope they update their system soon. It shows the label was created at 7:20pm yesterday.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited for you! Post hand shots as soon as you get it! ha ha

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, these are really cool! Can't wait to see yours!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Whoo hoo! The scan information has been updated. It's on the plane now!

Apparently they picked a stone proportionate to my finger size, so I'm guessing it is in the .45ct range. I do hope the double bezel stayed.

Till then, here's a profile shot from their site:

Rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring-M.jpg

It's so simple and clean, a bit different from their other items which definitely have an antique inspiration to them. I like how low to the finger the head is.

I'm hoping there is good finger coverage since rose cuts don't have much of a pavillion if one at all. That is to say all the caratage is in the "crown" area. We'll see.
It's gonna be hard to sleep soundly tonight!

Thanks ladies for sharing in my excitement!

Now what sort of band should I wear with this?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am excited to see hand shots of this!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
It finally arrived!
First off, I really appreciated the sweet handwritten note that came with the ring:

rose1_0.jpg

Here are some handshots:
rose4.jpg

rose5.jpg

rose3.jpg

Please excuse my old wrinkly hands! I do a lot with them hobby-wise (cutting stones, wire-working and leather work just to name a few) so it's impossible to keep them youthful looking.

rose2.jpg

Here are the specs:

.45cts
J color
6mm
VS quality
size 3.75 ring
18k yellow gold, high polish

While I do love my ring from the design standpoint, I wish the stone they selected had a slightly higher apex. The ones on the site are a little "taller" hence they break up the light into beautiful kaleidoscopic colors. Mine's a touch on the shallow side, so I don't get as intense of a light play. It looks best at the 3/4 angle or from the side. Head on, it looses its personality. I also wish the jeweler polished the band underneath the stone since it shows through. That's nit picking though.

The ring is very comfortable to wear. The band is about 1.5mm and I like the finger coverage. And of course because this is a rose cut it sits low to the finger.

Regarding my purchase transaction, I think it was top notch and very easy. The ring was packaged quite well and Grace was really good about communicating often.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love it! You can probably stack it with other stones (in the future). I think its really lovely!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your new rose cut ring! It's a pretty stone, and the size looks very nice on your slender fingers. I think it's beautiful in the polished (but also like the matte - not sure you could go wrong with either).

Are you going to ask to have the band polished under the stone? With as clearly as it can be seen, will that bother you?

I don't know what kind of band to suggest, but hopefully someone else will have suggestions. It does look great all on its own for now.

Congratulations!! I'm glad the wait is over!

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!

I don't know if I will send it back to get the section underneath polished. It was hard waiting for it so contemplating sending it back gives me anxiety. LOL. I'm trying to see if it grows on me.

I guess the reality is that most of the time one isn't looking at it dead-on, so the fact that it looks good in the 3/4 position should be enough. It does look good in low lighting (I guess that makes sense given that older cuts were developed via candle light)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
If it doesn't grow on you, my advice would be to send it back. Once I've decided I don't like some aspect of something, it bothers me until it's fixed. But wear it for a while and see what you think.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I just tell you that I love it!!! Seriously- I like the double bezel and I am loving the rose cut :) I really do want one now :)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
What a neat ring! It looks huge on you too! I hope it 'grows' on you too... it's hard to tell how things will translate from pics online, to real life, it's just never the same...but your ring IS very pretty and unique! :))

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Thank you ladies for the kind comments.
I'm walking around the house and looking at it in different lighting conditions and it's definitely growing one me :bigsmile:

I've never had a diamond that performed better in low lighting than in spot lighting and this stone does that.

And yes, it's got good finger coverage! That's a plus with rose cuts---because there's not pavillion, all the carat weight is up top.
I tried it on with a plain band it looks fine, but I think I like it by itself for now! Not sure yet.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
A few more pics...just cause!

rose8.jpg

rose6.jpg

rose9.jpg

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Oh now I want one, too. :cheeky: Can the underneath part of the ring be polished without taking the stone out? If that can be done, maybe you can take the ring to a trusted local jeweler to polish that section? It might be more cost effective than shipping the ring back to JBEG (plus you wouldn't have to wait as long to get the ring back.)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! I love the polished finish :love:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Yes, I like the high polish look too and the double bezel really is a unique touch.

I wonder what it would look like with engraving around the front of the bezel?

sapphirering|1325873029|3096591 said:
Beautiful ring! Oh now I want one, too. :cheeky: Can the underneath part of the ring be polished without taking the stone out? If that can be done, maybe you can take the ring to a trusted local jeweler to polish that section? It might be more cost effective than shipping the ring back to JBEG (plus you wouldn't have to wait as long to get the ring back.)

I don't think there's enough space under there! It's pretty low setting...it's starting to not really bother me that much, actually...

In fact it's growing on me so much I keep taking photos of it. LOL.

rose13.jpg

rose11.jpg

rose10.jpg

rose12.jpg

rose14.jpg

I am wondering if it were polished underneath if maybe it would make it even more obvious that you can right through the stone head on, and somehow compete with the stone's luster. The jewelry had mentioned that he preferred a satin finish, but frankly I like the way this came out with the high polish!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, your pictures are amazing. I was drooling over these on the jbeg website, but your pictures took it to a whole different level. I love, love, love the high polish. Normally I am not a yellow gold person, but it suits this ring so nicely. I. Want. It.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
You should get it! :naughty: (especially for that price!)

Rose gold doesn't look good on me but I think the rose gold version is to die for...I'm hoping someone will buy one and post pics. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful briolette!! I really like the design - so low and flat and unique!

What colour is the stone, do you know? It looks pretty tinted but I'm wondering if it's just picking up the gold colour? I don't have any rose cuts so I don't know how they "work" and I'm oh so curious - your commentary about performance and coloured light is really interesting!

That's a good point about the satin vs. polished difference through the stone - now I wonder if not finishing that bit to a high shine was deliberate? It should still be *finished*, though, I think - as in I don't think you should be seeing rough edges or uneven planes or anything like that...

Oh, I love it!! Can you post some pics of the underside of the head?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty on your fingers briolette. You have good hands for that style of ring IMO (my hands are similar so perhaps I am biased?). I think it was a good call not to go with satin finish, I find they polish up after a short period of time anyway. I have rough diamond rose cuts from Etsy that are very similar in style as your ring, and I got a few hammered bands to go on either side of them - some in silver, gold, rose gold. I mix it up. My rough cuts are different sizes which provides a nice assorted look ( I have 3). Just in case you were thinking of stacking them in the future, although it certainly doesn't need it. Stand alone it looks fab.

Which brings me to a question. You find that rose gold doesn't look good on you? I find the same thing, and yet all local jewellers keep telling me that it looks good on 'everyone'. Of course I believe everything that jewellers in brick and mortar stores tell me! :lol:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
briolette|1325876935|3096645 said:
You should get it! :naughty: (especially for that price!)

Rose gold doesn't look good on me but I think the rose gold version is to die for...I'm hoping someone will buy one and post pics. :)

I wish, but I am currently in the middle of a purchase with them, so there isn't going to be any more $$$ in the bling budget until 2013. 6 days into the new year and I already spent it all(and then some). So for now, I will have to live vicariously through everyone here!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I can't wait to see your new purchase armywife.

Begonia, I've seen those rough cut rings on etsy and actually considered buying one, but I really wanted something from jbEG this time around. I may stack more than one, thing is, I short fingers so not much room for more than 2 rings. LOL.

Yssie said:
What colour is the stone, do you know? It looks pretty tinted but I'm wondering if it's just picking up the gold colour? I don't have any rose cuts so I don't know how they "work" and I'm oh so curious - your commentary about performance and coloured light is really interesting!

Yessie, it's a J colored stone, but I would say the tint is definitely more due to the shank showing through. I do like warmer colored diamonds so the color grade is a-okay by me.

The ring is definitely finished. All exposed edges are polished nice and clean and the inside of the band is super smooth. The bit that isn't is the part of the band that runs under the head beneath the actual bezel.

Other bezel rings I've seen are "cut away" in this area. However, if that were the case here, you'd see my mid-digital fur on my finger. LOL....My mom has a rose cut ring and it's actually closed back and foiled, so this is sort of in between.

Oh, I love it!! Can you post some pics of the underside of the head?

Sure thing! As you can see, the ring shank goes clear across the back. The inside of the band is polished. You can see some minor tool marking from where the jeweler set the stone on the inner ring of the actual bezel, but it's not noticeable without magnification. The part that isn't polished is directly under the stone, if that makes any sense.

rosei17.jpg

rose16.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results