carat
color
clarity

My first Chryso

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, PS'ers!
Been looking for a durable stone for an everyday ring or maybe just an excuse to buy another yummy gemstone :) and the marriage anniversary seemed the best time to do this, I mostly buy stones on special occasions/anniversaries. Seen some nice Chrysos around here and decided I want one so I went for it. Got a great deal on it, wasn't hard to decide, stats are: 1.5 ct (7 X 6 mm).
Will first show you the vendor photos until I take photos of the stone in hand.

chrysoberyll-all.jpg

The stone is yellow-green and to me looks more saturated in real life than in the photos and sparkles like crazy, these pictures really don't do it justice.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
natural light
chryso-hand2.jpg
chryso-hand.jpg
chryso4.jpg
chryso3.jpg
chryso2.jpg
chryso1.jpg

artificial light

chryso-art2.jpg
chryso-art1.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Can't wait to see how you will set it!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks!
I'm thinking two trillions 3-4 mm(or round ones) as sidestones, probably moissy if I don't find white sapphires. They must be of similar hardness, wouldn't wanna go lower than 8.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun. Will you set it in rose gold or something else

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmmm! So yummy!
It looks like a sparkly little dewdrop. Love it.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

No, not rose gold, since I have lots or Morganite that will be set in rose gold, I want something different. I like really yellow or green gold as it is called. My wedding ring seems peachy in tone but it's not really rose gold and I always wanted a piece made of yellow gold, not peachy not rose but the yellowest yellow if that makes any sense :angel:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone! Looking forward to your project! :appl:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Rockinruby!
Just hope to set it next year, I always say that...next year :wall: and keep buying more stones because I know the stones will sell quickly. I actually have a gallery of gems I wasn't quick enough to buy and sold out that could actually have their own topic :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gloria27|1444810729|3938097 said:
Thanks, Rockinruby!
Just hope to set it next year, I always say that...next year :wall: and keep buying more stones because I know the stones will sell quickly. I actually have a gallery of gems I wasn't quick enough to buy and sold out that could actually have their own topic :lol:

Ha! I seem to be joining the "next year" club too! :naughty: Do you have any setting inspirations for your "next year" chryso project yet? :wavey:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've started collecting two years ago(about the time I discovered PS) .... a dozen stones later and none is set yet...

I've thought about it, initially I wanted to bezel it along with two round sidestones of white, yellow or green colour but then choosing side stones would be another hunt (even though I found a gem and bead shop that sells inexpensive 3mm mint-ish sapphires, (probably treated but that's ok).

Then I wanted to just bezel the stone as a solitaire with a milgrain so I can wear it without thinking I might chip the girdle or something and concentrate on a nice custom setting instead of side stones(haven't chased this idea out of my mind yet).

That is until I saw the stone itself and thought a bezel might make it look smaller and less sparkly than it actually is, and I've made a little experiment, put two 4 mm CZ's beside it to see how it would look with white side stones. If I were to choose the side stones options I would probably go for a claw setting and ask that the Chryso be held by 6 prongs instead of 4, just to protect the girdle better and would also prefer white trillions as side stones. At the moment my mind is not set on anything, any of the above would be ok.

chryso-side.jpg

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And to answer your question, no, I don't have a particular setting in mind to draw inspiration from, I like several:
Trillion side stones:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/red-trillions-for-leon-mege-3-stone-ring.21845/page-2
puppyguts' awesome solitaire: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-chrysoberyls.202304/page-9']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-chrysoberyls.202304/page-9[/URL]
OTL's ring: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chrysoberyl-ring-and-some-loose-stones.201521/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chrysoberyl-ring-and-some-loose-stones.201521/[/URL]

For the trillion setting, I'm sure I don't want a trellis or anything set too high. The example I gave is close to what I have in mind but I will not copy anything.
I like both milgrain and plain bezel.

Che sera sera

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results