Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Chrysoberyls

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
18,889
Lula|1401246496|3681406 said:
Cat's eye chrysoberyl from Brad @ The Gem Trader. 6 mm. Origin: Orissa, India
This is an amazing stone. These are Brad's photos.
Lula

I had a question for you about this stone. If you can email me though LT that would be amazing. Sorry to bother.


Carry on
 

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
4,544
Niel|1441732926|3925057 said:
Lula|1401246496|3681406 said:
Cat's eye chrysoberyl from Brad @ The Gem Trader. 6 mm. Origin: Orissa, India
This is an amazing stone. These are Brad's photos.
Lula

I had a question for you about this stone. If you can email me though LT that would be amazing. Sorry to bother.


Carry on
Hi, Niel -- It's no bother. I'm not on PS much anymore, but I'm happy to contact you through LT.
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
18,889
Lula|1441937743|3926351 said:
Niel|1441732926|3925057 said:
Lula|1401246496|3681406 said:
Cat's eye chrysoberyl from Brad @ The Gem Trader. 6 mm. Origin: Orissa, India
This is an amazing stone. These are Brad's photos.
Lula

I had a question for you about this stone. If you can email me though LT that would be amazing. Sorry to bother.


Carry on
Hi, Niel -- It's no bother. I'm not on PS much anymore, but I'm happy to contact you through LT.

Awesome.
 

Gloria27

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
374
OTL and puppyguts, wow, awesome chrysos and rings! :love:
Hope to post mine here soon...have to buy them first...
 

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
234
20150911_161504.jpg 20150911_161600.jpg 20150911_161800.jpg
Loose stones from TGT round 0.93 ct. 6.3 mm, oval 1.66 ct. 9.6 x 5.6 mm, pear 2.08 ct. 10.8 x 6.3 mm, oval 1.45 ct., 8.3 x 6 mm

Chryso in rose gold DK setting is from multicolour

They are all hard to photograph, look more yellow IRL

& thanks to Niel for putting me onto chrysoberyl. Currently looking for a nice cats eye.
 

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
2,645
Puppyguts, I love your ring! The milgrain on it is so pretty. :love:

My new chryso is a bit similar to yours but two tone and without the milgrain :)
2.5ct Tunduru chryso (from Prima) set in yellow gold with sterling silver shank.
chrysocushion2015.jpg
 

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
234
oh mochiko I love it, the colour is so perfect. have to admit I was a little envious of that stone :angel:

I cant believe how fine the millgrain is on my ring its perfect
 

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
4,544
After many -- gulp -- years (!), I finally had time to take some photos of my two faceted chartreuse chrysoberyls (photos of my cats' eye to follow).

6.5 millimeter diameter, 4.4 millimeter depth, 1.5 carat round Portuguese cut by Richard Homer.
11.3 x 8.2 millimeter pear, 4.15 carats, from Brad at GemTrader.
Both from Orissa, India.

After much indecision, I've decided to set these. I'm working with Wink and Melissa of High Performance Diamonds on this project. I considered setting the pear into a ring, but on second thought, these stones are such a good match in color and intensity, that it seems a shame to separate them. I'm planning to set them into a pendant, with a small diamond, on a Tahitian pearl strand. Well, the pearl strand is the goal anyway -- we'll see what the budget allows!

ETA: Photo taken in diffused indoor light, facing a window.

cimg4650.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: AV_

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
4,544
This is the orientation for the pendant. The small diamond will sit above the round chrysoberyl.

cimg4629.jpg
 

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
4,544
A close-up, outdoors in the sun.
My apologies for the fingerprints!

I live in Texas now, in a semi-arid climate. The light here is different from the Midwest. And these stones look different outdoors than they did when I lived in the Midwest. Has anyone else experienced this?

cimg4622.jpg
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
18,889
Lula|1470797660|4064138 said:
A close-up, outdoors in the sun.
My apologies for the fingerprints!

I live in Texas now, in a semi-arid climate. The light here is different from the Midwest. And these stones look different outdoors than they did when I lived in the Midwest. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lovely stones. Neat that they look different at different latitudes. How would you describe the difference?
 

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
4,544
Hi, Niel -- thank you!
When I lived in the Midwest, my round chrysoberyl (I didn't own the pear then) looked more green -- lime green. Here, in Texas, I live in a much less humid climate (desert) and at a higher elevation, and both chrysoberyls look more yellow. They are "yellowish-green" according to Brad and Richard, and they definitely exhibit both colors, depending on the light.
 

Gloria27

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
374
Lula|1470797458|4064135 said:
This is the orientation for the pendant. The small diamond will sit above the round chrysoberyl.
wow, beautiful!

Lula|1470800129|4064145 said:
Better representation of color, but eye not cooperating. This stone is very difficult to photograph.
:love: :love: :love:
mochiko42|1442214497|3927462 said:
Puppyguts, I love your ring! The milgrain on it is so pretty. :love:

My new chryso is a bit similar to yours but two tone and without the milgrain :)
2.5ct Tunduru chryso (from Prima) set in yellow gold with sterling silver shank.
chrysocushion2015.jpg
To say it's nice would be unfair, it's beautiful!


here's mine:
artificial light: _20160706_192826.jpg
natural light: _20160609_121624.jpg
 

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
4,544
Gloria27 -- I love those three stones together -- beautiful!

So many pretty pieces on this thread...yummy.
 

lilmosun

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 30, 2014
Messages
1,652
Admittedly, I love yellow on others but it's not one of my go to colors and seldom wear mine. But when I put on this yellow shirt the other day, I decided to go all out. :lol:

yellow_chryso_and_two_flower_ring.jpg

Lula - love the cat's eye, Gloria27 - great collection, Userangl - another beautifully set stone!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top