shape
carat
color
clarity

My Fiona Pendant From Heart of Water

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you so much @voce, it really is a special piece and comforting to wear.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Your pendant is exquisite and created with so much love.

I'm very sorry for your lost.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s the most beautiful pendant. I love the picture of Fiona - it looks so vivid and alive you just want to pat her..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was driving out of town on Friday and missed this..The pendant came out so beautiful! It’s so perfect...It was hard to look at her photo because my heart hurt just looking at it..She was so beautiful..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a gorgeous piece to honor Fiona. I love love love it @StephanieLynn and how wonderful of @Bron357 to give you the most perfect moonstone. Makes the piece even that more special.:kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie! What a beautiful pendant with such sweet sentiment. I love the moonstone and spinel and they are so beautiful together. Love, love, love this ! I'm a big dog lover too, currently have two dachsund mixes I adore. They touch our hearts in a special way, don't they? Hugs()

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean, she was so pretty but she absolutely hated being fussed over so the breeder retired her and we adopted her, she never wanted to be a show dog lol!

@missy, Bron and her treasure trove of gems have brought so many so much joy, PS is lucky to have her.

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, my neighbor has a dachshund named Cosmo, cutest little thing. They give us so much love, they really should live forever.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of you may have read the post in Hangout about my Shetland Sheepdog, Fiona, last year who despite our best efforts to save her, passed over the rainbow bridge from kidney failure. Losing her was heartbreaking and I knew right away that I wanted to make a piece of jewelry to remember her by so she would always be with me.

She was born on June 10th and passed August 10th exactly ten years and two months. So right away moonstone was going to be a part of the pendant, I really wanted a heart shape but they are hard to find unless you happen upon one in an antique piece. Bron looked through her stash with no luck but then she looked a second time and found the perfect heart-shaped moonstone just waiting to be found. What are the chances?

Now I had the moonstone but something was missing. Around this time Mastercut was having a gem sale and while browsing through their inventory I found this perfect spinel that shifted between a dusty rose and lavender color. Ordered the spinel and that was it, moonstone for June and spinel for August.

Working with Sally at Heart of Water, she sketched out some ideas and they were better than I could picture in my mind. Originally I was going to have them set in rose gold but we decided to go with yellow gold. It arrived this morning and I snapped some shots despite the sun being very uncooperative!

A big thanks to @Bron357 for finding the moonstone that was imperative to this piece and also to all the people who prayed for Fiona, too many to tag but it meant so much to us.

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

Both Fionas are beautiful
Im so sorry about Fiona,
And im sorry i didn't see this thread eariler

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I can’t believe I’ve never seen this piece or post before. It’s absolutely beautiful! That’s truly one of a kind

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Smith3, there is a post all about Fiona in Hangout but it's really sad because it is literally the days of me trying to save her, the PS'ers we're praying she would turn around, ugh I can't read it without crying!

God, tore my heart out losing her, she was the sweetest dog we've had for sure.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Your necklace is soo beautiful the moonstone is just lovely and soft @YadaYadaYada and I'm soo sorry for your loss of your sweet Fiona.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @bling_dream19, it's really amazing how the necklace came together. A lucky find moonstone from a generous PS'er, a spur of the moment spinel from Mastercut and the artistic vision of a jewelry designer on the other side of the world!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely and sweet pendant Yada! A beautiful reminder of your precious pup!

Cheers to Bron for having exactly what you were looking for (and its perfect)!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @tyty333, Bron really is the best, she has blessed so many PS'ers with lovely gems.

H

Horsegirl76

Paw prints on your heart—what a beautiful symbol of the love between animal and human. ❤️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Smith3, there is a post all about Fiona in Hangout but it's really sad because it is literally the days of me trying to save her, the PS'ers we're praying she would turn around, ugh I can't read it without crying!

God, tore my heart out losing her, she was the sweetest dog we've had for sure.
I’m so sorry, it’s the worst pain I’ve ever had when my best friend Guinness died. He was a dog but to me he was my best friend and went everywhere with me. I was a disaster, I miss him everyday..
I know no words can make it better but at least you gave Fiona a great life and the necklace is a great way of Honoring her memory.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Smith3, losing a dog is the worst, I've had lots of other species but nothing comes close to the pain of losing a dog.

So sorry about Guinness, we never forget them and I'd like to think that they never forget us.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gem haul was / is magical for lots of reasons.
It was strange, I swear I didn’t notice a moonstone heart amongst the pieces until a moonstone heart was needed. And it was perfect size and perfect formation. As if it was meant to be.
And it was.

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Some of you may have read the post in Hangout about my Shetland Sheepdog, Fiona, last year who despite our best efforts to save her, passed over the rainbow bridge from kidney failure. Losing her was heartbreaking and I knew right away that I wanted to make a piece of jewelry to remember her by so she would always be with me.

She was born on June 10th and passed August 10th exactly ten years and two months. So right away moonstone was going to be a part of the pendant, I really wanted a heart shape but they are hard to find unless you happen upon one in an antique piece. Bron looked through her stash with no luck but then she looked a second time and found the perfect heart-shaped moonstone just waiting to be found. What are the chances?

Now I had the moonstone but something was missing. Around this time Mastercut was having a gem sale and while browsing through their inventory I found this perfect spinel that shifted between a dusty rose and lavender color. Ordered the spinel and that was it, moonstone for June and spinel for August.

Working with Sally at Heart of Water, she sketched out some ideas and they were better than I could picture in my mind. Originally I was going to have them set in rose gold but we decided to go with yellow gold. It arrived this morning and I snapped some shots despite the sun being very uncooperative!

A big thanks to @Bron357 for finding the moonstone that was imperative to this piece and also to all the people who prayed for Fiona, too many to tag but it meant so much to us.

IMG_3063.JPG What a beautiful piece to honor your beautiful girl. Enjoy it.

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Not sure my message posted (total noob ) but you have created a beautiful piece to honor your beautiful girl.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results