shape
carat
color
clarity

My Fiona Pendant From Heart of Water

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may have read the post in Hangout about my Shetland Sheepdog, Fiona, last year who despite our best efforts to save her, passed over the rainbow bridge from kidney failure. Losing her was heartbreaking and I knew right away that I wanted to make a piece of jewelry to remember her by so she would always be with me.

She was born on June 10th and passed August 10th exactly ten years and two months. So right away moonstone was going to be a part of the pendant, I really wanted a heart shape but they are hard to find unless you happen upon one in an antique piece. Bron looked through her stash with no luck but then she looked a second time and found the perfect heart-shaped moonstone just waiting to be found. What are the chances?

Now I had the moonstone but something was missing. Around this time Mastercut was having a gem sale and while browsing through their inventory I found this perfect spinel that shifted between a dusty rose and lavender color. Ordered the spinel and that was it, moonstone for June and spinel for August.

Working with Sally at Heart of Water, she sketched out some ideas and they were better than I could picture in my mind. Originally I was going to have them set in rose gold but we decided to go with yellow gold. It arrived this morning and I snapped some shots despite the sun being very uncooperative!

A big thanks to @Bron357 for finding the moonstone that was imperative to this piece and also to all the people who prayed for Fiona, too many to tag but it meant so much to us.

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous!!! So happy for you that you can remember your sweet pup with such a unique and pretty piece. Sally and pomme are the best.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs, Sally really is the best and super sweet too!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a sweet piece, and a lovely tribute to your beloved Fiona. And can I say that I love the color of that spinel?

Keep her close to the heart :)

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pendant - it looks great on you! And that's such a touching way to remember your beloved Fiona.
Your picture of the pendant draped over the photo of Fiona brought tears to my eyes.
I had never heard of commemmorating an animal friend with a piece of jewellery, before Pricescope. I think it's really a wonderful dea.
Our pets (what an inadequate word) are part of the family and it's so hard to see them go. Best wishes.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! She does such great work and with such heart. You can feel the love and attention in the pieces.

I recently lost my pupper to cancer and had a tribute pendant made. I’ve worn it everyday and it brings me such comfort. Hope this does the same for you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this actually made my breath catch in my throat! It is just the most stunning, buttery, fluid, romantic & dreamy necklace ever. I feel this was just meant to be, from the moonstone (@Bron357 you are a heroine!) to the change to yellow gold from rose, to the length - it’s just divine & may it bring you much joy & comfort :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and comforting tribute.
A beautiful piece by Sally

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may have read the post in Hangout about my Shetland Sheepdog, Fiona, last year who despite our best efforts to save her, passed over the rainbow bridge from kidney failure. Losing her was heartbreaking and I knew right away that I wanted to make a piece of jewelry to remember her by so she would always be with me.

She was born on June 10th and passed August 10th exactly ten years and two months. So right away moonstone was going to be a part of the pendant, I really wanted a heart shape but they are hard to find unless you happen upon one in an antique piece. Bron looked through her stash with no luck but then she looked a second time and found the perfect heart-shaped moonstone just waiting to be found. What are the chances?

Now I had the moonstone but something was missing. Around this time Mastercut was having a gem sale and while browsing through their inventory I found this perfect spinel that shifted between a dusty rose and lavender color. Ordered the spinel and that was it, moonstone for June and spinel for August.

Working with Sally at Heart of Water, she sketched out some ideas and they were better than I could picture in my mind. Originally I was going to have them set in rose gold but we decided to go with yellow gold. It arrived this morning and I snapped some shots despite the sun being very uncooperative!

A big thanks to @Bron357 for finding the moonstone that was imperative to this piece and also to all the people who prayed for Fiona, too many to tag but it meant so much to us.

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

I am so sorry for your loss. The finished project is so pretty!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww Stephanie, what a pretty pendant in memory of your beautiful Fiona, such a wonderful way to memorialize her. Fur babies are the best, aren't they...sending hugs your way.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So special and precious. I hope it gives you much comfort and warm memories. <3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s such a beautiful tribute for a beloved fur baby.
So pleased to have been able to contribute, though I think I had some special help (Fiona) because I swear it wasn’t there and then it was!
And it was perfect :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, Steph! A fitting tribute to Fiona.
And @Bron357 has a heart of gold.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just gorgeous! What a lovely way to honor Fiona’s memory. May it bring you comfort StephanieLynn.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful a gesture and gorgeous as well. The stones really flatter each other and it looks amazing on. I’m sorry Fiona passed, but I’m glad you have something to keep close to your heart that holds her memory for you.

<3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357, it was so perfect, a heart shaped moonstone is not easy to come by, thank you so much for taking that second look, I couldn't have made this without your generosity.
@stracci2000, thank you so much and yes Bron is an amazing soul.
@Bonfire, thank you so much!
@InsecureSweetGirl thank you so much, it was so hard losing her but now I have something pretty to look at and wear that reminds me of her everyday!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357, you are the queen of hearts! Is that a yellow sapphire? It is gorgeous :kiss2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my! What a gorgeous piece to remember sweet Fiona with. Love @Bron357’s generosity! That’s what PS is all about!! Wear it with happy memories of your beloved pup!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I love this treasure SO MUCH!! And even more so that it commemorates the bond and love you and Fiona had. I hope wearing it brings you peace and happiness.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful memorial piece! :kiss2:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely beautiful, just like your gorgeous, beloved fur baby! I especially love the first photo, I may be seeing things but to me it looks like the image of an angel reflected in the moonstone, her face is in the top right.....ok I sound a bit loopy now don't I!!! It really is a stunning piece and I love the sentiment behind it. Pets are just so special and they deserve to be remembered and honored just as you have done.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That's a wonderful way to remember Fiona. Perfectly chosen stones and so beautifully executed.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful remembrance for Fiona. I love the moonstone!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom, thank you so much, I am a definite moonstone convert, there is just something so magical about them.
@bunnycat, thank you so much, this piece wouldn't be the work of art it is without Sally, she and Pomme are really amazing.
@GeorgieQ, thank you so much, she was a beautiful dog inside and out just the sweetest soul.
@HotPozzum thank you so much, I really wanted something completely one of a kind for a memorial piece and this is definitely it!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Stephanie, that is a lovely piece to commemorate Fiona. What a sweet and great idea! I'm glad @Bron357 was able to find you the perfect moonstone. And Sally brought everything together. The part of the necklace where it connects to the pendant looks so much like what you'd find on a leash, and the feel of the whole necklace has this purity to it. Thanks for sharing the story and posting a picture of Fiona. I am moved and feel tears in my eyes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results