shape
carat
color
clarity

My favorite digicam photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I love the color parade! Just beautiful pieces and stones are so vivid with color! The pics look great!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
TL I am so glad you got a new camera! Please take more! I can''t get enough of your gemstones and rings!
30.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Nice photos and gorgeous rings. It''s good that you got a new camera, please do take more gem photos of your lovely gems.
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Your photos look tons better!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
*drool*

I *love* that spess! Where did you get it?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
TL, congrats on your new camera! Your pics and jewelry are WONDERFUL.

That spess in particular makes my tummy do flips!!
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures TFS! And thank you for telling us what mode you were shooting in. Did you have enough light that the flash didn''t go off? I''m asking cause I think the flash distorts color a bit and it''s reflection keeps us from seeing the facet pattern a bit in MY shots. Don''t see that problem in yours. Course we haven''t had any sun here for 3 days so my camera won''t shoot w/o the flash right now.
8.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice colours!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
TL, your pictures are wonderful! I''m just headed out the door to work, but I will drop in again tonight - got some questions for you.

We always knew that your rings were lovely, but seeing them this moring is just a revelalation!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 1:33:17 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
1.gif
Very pretty! What is it, mind sharing where you got it?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you TOTALLY needed a new camera! WOW! These pics are the best I''ve ever seen from you!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 11:12:10 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Great pictures TFS! And thank you for telling us what mode you were shooting in. Did you have enough light that the flash didn''t go off? I''m asking cause I think the flash distorts color a bit and it''s reflection keeps us from seeing the facet pattern a bit in MY shots. Don''t see that problem in yours. Course we haven''t had any sun here for 3 days so my camera won''t shoot w/o the flash right now.
8.gif
SH,
You can turn the flash off. I think all cameras have that option.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 11:12:10 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
8.gif
I''m at work so I can''t answer everyone yet, but I will later. I just wanted to tell Stone Hunter that I never use flash with my macro mode. Most of these shots were taken outdoors on a partly cloudy day. The aquamarine and the amethyst were taken indoors in very dim incandescent light (my computer room).

The facet pattern in the spessartite is not obvious because the stone is closed up by very heavy prongs. It is a deep stone so my jeweer could only get prongs that barely fit, and the cutlet is completely enclosed. The head is too small for the stone, not to mention that it''s in white gold (even though I asked for yellow gold). Much of the sparkle factor and some of the color was lost when it was set, and I have to reset it. When it was loose, it was a fireball.

Once I get it in a halo (I know, not another halo), the facet pattern will be obvious. The stone is eye clean, and only has a feather inclusion. I bought the stone around 6 years ago from a dealer who I can''t remember and we lost touch. It''s exactly 4 carats.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love all the beautiful colors of your stones. And I wish my camera would take pictures like that.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
New camera is good! I like how you can clearly see the needle inclusions in one of your stones--very cool!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Love the new pictures. I''m sure you are excited about the new camera. I''d love to see more pictures of your pretties when you get a chance.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty TL! Great shots that show off your stones. And I am still loving that three stone diamond ring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous pics... yeah for the new camera too!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
great photos - the colours are beautiful!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! TL, you really gave those stones/rings new lives, and showing their true color (which they totally deserve)!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TL, what model Nikon coolpic is that? I may be in the market for a new point and shoot compact camera. I''m debating taking my big Nikon SLR and a few lenses with me to Africa next month, or getting something small to take.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 9:30:42 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
oooh I love the color parade! Just beautiful pieces and stones are so vivid with color! The pics look great!!!
Thanks CCN, that is so nice of you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy and Lovinggems - Thank you!! I will try to take more pics of my loose gems. I have some other rings I purchased early on in my gemstone collecting career, but they''re not worthy of posting on PS
14.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet, LoveInBloom, Harriet, Magenta.

Thank you for the kind words
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 11:42:04 AM
Author: Gailey
TL, your pictures are wonderful! I''m just headed out the door to work, but I will drop in again tonight - got some questions for you.

We always knew that your rings were lovely, but seeing them this moring is just a revelalation!
Thanks Gailey, I''ll be on the lookout for your questions.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 11:45:47 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 5/20/2009 1:33:17 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
1.gif
Very pretty! What is it, mind sharing where you got it?
Thanks MTG, but I''m not sure which gem you''re referring to.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 12:06:05 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Yeah, you TOTALLY needed a new camera! WOW! These pics are the best I''ve ever seen from you!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks LTP, I really appreciate that coming from such a good photographer as yourself.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks FlyGirl, MonkeyPie, D&T, Klewis and Cind11!!

MonkeyPie, I love that diamond ring as well. It's a lot of fun to stare at.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2009 5:24:33 PM
Author: yingh
WOW! TL, you really gave those stones/rings new lives, and showing their true color (which they totally deserve)!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yingh,
Like LTP, I really appreciate such a compliment coming from such an awesome photographer!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results