shape
carat
color
clarity

My Experience with CvB

Discussion in 'Pricescope Testimonials' started by ceg, Apr 10, 2019.

1. ceg
    Brilliant_Rock

by ceg » Apr 11, 2019
    I am so sorry @sarahb. I totally understand. I never realized how personal jewelry actually is until this. I wanted to reset my ering so badly after the last projects that went awry. I honestly didn't want to be a walking advertisement anymore. So you aren't alone in your feelings. If I had known then what I know now...

That's exactly why I posted this in the first place.

Matthews1127 and sarahb like this.
  2. Bonfire
    Ideal_Rock

by Bonfire » Apr 11, 2019
    Oh, this is sad! Would you feel better to share here? You mentioned something interesting. That Caysie may not realize how much of an impact her actions have had on her ex-clients. In my experience with her, I attributed the problems to her business growing faster than she could reasonably handle. I also thought over time she would straighten out these “growing pains”. That doesn’t seem to be the case. I know I don’t agree with those that say, it’s worth putting up with because her quality is heirloom worthy. I won’t put up with it, thank you. I hope you can put the unpleasantness behind you and enjoy your new blingy!

3. uyalison
    Shiny_Rock

by uyalison » Apr 15, 2019
    @ceg! I am sorry. But thank you for sharing your experience.

I first heard about CvB from you (your post). I was wondering if something happen when I saw your post "Serendipity- WF 3.443 J SI1 ACA meets EW Margot". May I ask what happened to your Dahlia? Do you no longer love it?

This thread is very helpful to me, as I am still thinking of getting a CVB ring setting similar to yours. I haven't pull the trigger because I am still undecided if I want to upgrade my diamond. It is good to know, so that I can make an informed decision, at least knowing what to expect in the worst case.

ceg likes this.
  4. uyalison
    Shiny_Rock

by uyalison » Apr 15, 2019
    @sarahb Could you please share your story?

ceg likes this.
  5. LinSF
    Shiny_Rock

by LinSF » Apr 15, 2019
    Thank you so much for your candor, it is really appreciated in a forum whose goal is to educate and help consumers find luxury goods- and not any luxury goods, goods with quite a bit of sentiment attached. I like CVBs work, and had considered working with her when the time came. Circumstances have led me down another path, but I definitely would consider your words in working with her. For me, I have only worn my wedding rings and they really are the most expensive pieces of jewelry I own. If I were to work with a vendor who had poor communication or delayed that much I would be heartbroken and my pieces would feel tainted. Imagine a first-time engaged to be person working with a 5 month turnaround? It's pertinent.

ceg likes this.
  6. swaye2010
    Shiny_Rock

by swaye2010 » Apr 15, 2019
    Thank you for writing this post. I wouldn’t have started it myself as it wasn’t my first hand experience since I work with another jeweler in LA. I did recommend her to a friend though after seeing all the beautiful bling on PS and her experience was horrible. Her ring was screwed up, her proposal was ruined and it took many month’s of fighting to get it corrected. This was a 2nd marriage for her and she wanted everything to be perfect and I was just embarrassed by the way in which she was treated for an ‘off the shelf’ design that only included a prong change. Unless someone was looking very specifically for one of her designs, I would have a hard time recommending her.....

goodliferunner and ceg like this.
  7. ceg
    Brilliant_Rock

by ceg » Apr 15, 2019
    Thank you for chiming in. I still have the Dahlia. WF set it with a cz. I was going to keep it for a travel ring and didn't plan to sell it but definitely would if anyone was interested. It holds a 9.4mm stone.

ETA this was another reason I spoke up about my experience with cvb. I had recommended her in the past and no longer do. I did not want anyone to use her based off my recommendation and have the situation turn sour as @swaye2010 did. I am so sorry that happened @swaye2010 .

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019