shape
carat
color
clarity

My everyday French cut bangle by CVB

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! A really unique and special piece.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, oldcutclubmember, I've stared at these photos countless times already since yesterday. :love: This bangle is stunning in every way, and your whole collection is completely TDF. Wear in the best of health!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
It all started with a parcel of square french cuts from Dolly (IG: xothebijouxbox). I bought the parcel last year a bit on impulse, intending to make a few bands with them. In fact, I had already sent off the parcel to Caysie (IG: cvb.inspired.design) and had gotten a quote for 3 separate bands. However, when I sat down and evaluated my collection, I realized that I already had a quite a number of french cut bands/rings and that what was really missing was a go-to, daily bangle with diamonds. I wear my Cartier love bangle in WG on a daily basis and never take it off. My only regret about it is that I didn’t buy the version with diamonds when I got it 10 years ago (before the numerous price increases). I had been looking for an antique bangle with old cuts but my wrist is on the smallish side so sizing always seemed to be an issue (as you can’t re-size a bangle).

Most of my french cut bands consist of elongated/rectangular FCs but I have one FC ring with square FCs that I had gotten preloved on PS from the lovely @peppermintpatty . I acquired it a couple of months after I bought the parcel and once I decided to go the bangle route, I wanted to duplicate the look of this ring. The love it to bits and I thought that its simple yet interesting design would translate well into an everyday bangle.
IMG_4432.jpeg

Here is my pot about the ring on the PS Treasures thread:

I worked up a mockup and sent Caysie this:
IMG_5197.jpeg

Caysie had her bench that does hand fabrications to make this bangle and I am so happy with the result.

The ctw isn’t actually that much but it provides the perfect amount of sparkle for everyday wear without being over the top. It’s so versatile and I can wear it with jeans or dressed up.

Specs:
Platinum with soft brushed finish
3 ctw - 24 french cuts (2.3-2.4mm, E/F, VS) and 50 single cuts

The french cuts have relatively high specs so it took some time for Caysie to source high quality single cuts to match.

IMG_3924.jpeg
IMG_3956.jpeg
IMG_3949.jpeg

Stunning!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Amazingly gorgeous bangle :kiss2:

Thank you so much!

Simply beautiful. LOVE!!!!

Thank you! ❤️

Truly beautiful! Having a bangle made is the sure fire way to make sure it fits YOU! Love the idea, the execution and the look of it on your wrist! Bravo!!

Thank you! Yes, it’s so much harder to find a bangle that fits properly and if it’s not comfortable, or too big or too small, I know I won’t wear it!

SO PERFECT. Bangles are so difficult to get right especially if you have small wrists. She nailed it!!!!

Right??? I have passed on so many gorgeous bangles because I know it won’t fit well. I just know that I won’t wear it if it’s too loose or even if it’s circular versus an oval.

You have the most amazing collection!!!

Awww, thank you so much! I am trying to be more careful with curating and only buying items that I know I will wear. This was the last outstanding project from 2022 so I am taking a break from starting another one for a bit. Bespoke pieces are fun but the process and the waiting can be such a headache.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Charming! Interesting!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
You did an excellent job!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Thank you! I love coming up with bespoke piece ideas but the process can be long with unexpected obstacles. I do always appreciate the final product though!

Goodness!
That's absolutely beautiful.
Whoa.

Thank you! ❤️

I got really excited when I saw the title of this thread, and then when I opened it, I literally gasped………

THIS IS THE STUFF OF A BRACELET HO’S DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

:lol: :lol: I appreciate the compliment from one bracelet ho to another :lol-2:

Oh my god!! This is beautiful!! I love everything about this and the design.
I have the opposite problem to you with my wrists being too big and in the process of getting a bangle made. Would have to work out the measurements too so thank for your mockup!! Enjoy wearing your everyday bangle!! It stacks so well with others and is also lovely on its own.

Thank you! I am so excited to hear about your bangle project too!! I am really enjoying it and even took it with me out of the country in July for 2 weeks. With the close fit and the safety latch, it feels very secure. I would definitely recommend getting some kind of a safety latch for your bangle too.

Just so elegant. I love that by taking the time to look, you're rewarded with detail.:love:

Thank you so much!! I do love the fine milgrain and the visual interest and the separation that the single cuts provide. I think it makes the FCs pop more.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It’s sublime. Love it!!

Thank you! ❤️

Just beautiful!!

Thank you so much!

I love everything about this, from the clean lines to the alternating French and single cuts to keep it interesting and lively. Congrats on a beautiful design and a wearable sparkle-bomb of a piece!

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was trying to achieve! Simple, clean lines but still lively with visual interest! I think breaking up the FCs with the single cuts make the FCs stand out more and distinct.

Love love love! So pretty!

Thank you!!!

Oh, now this. THIS. This is a bracelet!!!!! How gorgeous!

Thank you! I love your wrist stacks so this is such a compliment!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! It looks wonderful on your wrist and I love the design. Brushed platinum would be my dream bracelet material.

Ooo pretty. Very wearable and subtle. Was platinum your idea or Cassie’s?

Thank you @Mrsz1ppy and @oncrutchesrightnow ! The platinum was my idea because well, if you are going to go for a bespoke bangle, you might as well go big, right? :lol: I have a brushed platinum ring from Caysie and I just love that finish so much that I asked for it on the bangle as well. I think the brushed platinum provides a nice contrast to diamond sparkles. Only thing I was concerned about was whether or not a platinum bangle would be structurally sound or if would too bendy/malleable if it were to bang around. Caysie said that she didn’t think it would be too bendy since I was asking for individual bezels (so the walls between the stones would provide support) and she would be having her hand fabrication bench do the job.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful in every way! What a unique and stunning design!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
That stunning bracelet from that 3 stone ring, you are so good! It is exquisite!!! It was meant to be yours!!!! I'm so happy for you, I love how your new beauty looks stacked with your Love bracelet!
Would you be ok if I end up resetting one of my French cut diamond eternity rings like your bracelet and ring, with the round diamonds added. I have two that David Klass did that are so similar. This would be a fabulous way to have a bit of a difference between the two.
Truly, your collection, your ability to come up with the best idea's, you are incredible!!! You have an amazing eye and great taste!
Enjoy your new bracelet. It's gorgeous!!!

I am sooooo happy with the FC ring and that it was the inspiration for this bracelet design. Thank you again SO much for rehoming it.

Yes, of course! Please go ahead and use the alternating idea. It’s such a fun visual interest and it makes the FCs really stand out!

Here is another pic with it with the Love.
IMG_3936.jpeg

GORGEOUS... Congratulations!

Thank you!!

Such a beautiful bangle and it looks great on you too!

Thank you so much!

I struggle with bangles/bracelets on myself because I am so clumsy and forever banging them on things but this oval shape with the Frenchies is absolute perfection if I were to ever try bracelets again! Beautiful pattern.

Yes! With 2 little boys, I am constantly carrying multiple bags, toys and banging around with their stuff. I realized that I can’t do circular bangles, only oval and that I can’t do bracelets of any kind that are too loose or big because they get snagged on so much stuff! I need a tighter closer fit or I just won’t wear them.

Gorgeous! Love the design and that it is fairly substantial. Beautiful piece!

Thank you! I didn’t want a bangle that was too dainty so I love that this feels substantial but still looks clean and not too overwhelming or elaborate for everyday wear.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! A really unique and special piece.

Thank you! Most French cut bracelets I have seen are more tennis bracelet style so this piece does feel very special ❤️

Oh my goodness, oldcutclubmember, I've stared at these photos countless times already since yesterday. :love: This bangle is stunning in every way, and your whole collection is completely TDF. Wear in the best of health!

Ahhh! Thank you so much for your sweet words! I think it fits in very well with the rest of my collection so I am very happy with how it turned out.
Here is a little video clip if you want to see it in action.

Stunning!

Thank you!!!

Beautiful in every way! What a unique and stunning design!

Thank you so much!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love bangles and yours is gorgeous.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is a beautiful unique and stunning piece. Utterly exquisite!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This actually made my heart skip a beat :kiss2::kiss2:

Absolutely stunning, as is your entire collection!! May I ask about your gorgeous 5 stone??

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fantastic!! Looks beautiful on its own and with your Cartier. Enjoy it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, I another perfect piece for your exquisite collection!

:geek: Btw, I'm so salty that I didn't get to see this piece irl!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I love bangles and yours is gorgeous.

Thank you! I have definitely become a bangle girl and still keep my eyes peeled for one with old cuts in my size.

Wow! This is a beautiful unique and stunning piece. Utterly exquisite!

Thank you so much! I do appreciate the fact that I haven’t seen a bangle like this readily available on the retail market!

This is fantastic!! Looks beautiful on its own and with your Cartier. Enjoy it!

Thank you so much! ❤️

Ahh, I another perfect piece for your exquisite collection!

:geek: Btw, I'm so salty that I didn't get to see this piece irl!

You missed it by a couple of weeks! So sad you couldn’t have tried it on with Gisele!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow!!! That is absolutely gorgeous :love::love::love: I love the look of it on your wrist! Another great addition to your fabulous collection <<Off to add yet another piece to my never-ending wish list>>

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This actually made my heart skip a beat :kiss2::kiss2:

Absolutely stunning, as is your entire collection!! May I ask about your gorgeous 5 stone??

Thank you!

The 5 stone is a French antique about 100 years old! I made a post asking about it with some pictures further down when I couldn’t figure out the teeeeeeeny tiny hallmarks.
I JUST got it in the mail last night after work so I need to take some more pics of it in daylight today. I was originally thinking to keep it in the current setting for a bit and possibly reset the stones but now I am NOT going to touch this unless it falls apart and I have to reset it!!

The listing had no mention of any maker’s marks or assay marks (probably because they are so hard to see). I had to use a 40x loupe plus the magnifying feature on my iphone to get those pics above!

It’s a 5 stone with platinum prongs, 18k shank… estimated to be 3.24 ctw g-i and vs1-si1 stones.

These were taken with 15x macro lens.
0E50B5D7-E06F-4CD4-BC0A-0B0795483674.jpeg

Hand shots.
59F1987B-38EA-436C-B565-AB75928A22BD.jpeg
7D8807EC-D6BF-4289-984D-2596A2E38E30.jpeg
0CEC85A3-41FD-4E1F-B63C-E87A8B3AD312.jpeg
21E8294B-1A2D-46DA-9F88-8B2B6AC85CC8.jpeg

Wow wow wow!!! That is absolutely gorgeous :love::love::love: I love the look of it on your wrist! Another great addition to your fabulous collection <<Off to add yet another piece to my never-ending wish list>>

Thank you so much! I’ve been drooling over your colored gemstone pieces and have added some to my wish list as well lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I am not sure I can think of any adjectives that do justice to this bracelet. You surely chose the right person to make it! Caysie is just amazing!!! Your bracelet is incredibly beautiful and stacks so perfectly with your Love! Congrats on making such a great piece with the parcel of french cuts!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I am not sure I can think of any adjectives that do justice to this bracelet. You surely chose the right person to make it! Caysie is just amazing!!! Your bracelet is incredibly beautiful and stacks so perfectly with your Love! Congrats on making such a great piece with the parcel of french cuts!

Thank you! The design process with Caysie is always such a breeze. I actually have 12 FCs left from the parcel and am having her hold onto it for another future project!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous bangle! I love that it's oval shaped. It's just perfect to layer with anything.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Always a treat to see pieces from your spectacular collection, this turned out wonderfully!

You and CvB hit the nail on the head in designing an incredibly versatile every day staple. Thank you for sharing this with us. =)

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous bangle! I love that it's oval shaped. It's just perfect to layer with anything.

Thank you! It’s so easy to put on and doesn’t get it the way. It really makes me want to get more bangles to layer lol

Always a treat to see pieces from your spectacular collection, this turned out wonderfully!

You and CvB hit the nail on the head in designing an incredibly versatile every day staple. Thank you for sharing this with us. =)

Thank you so much for the kind words! It really has become such a staple and I wear it on the left or the right depending on my mood.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all started with a parcel of square french cuts from Dolly (IG: xothebijouxbox). I bought the parcel last year a bit on impulse, intending to make a few bands with them. In fact, I had already sent off the parcel to Caysie (IG: cvb.inspired.design) and had gotten a quote for 3 separate bands. However, when I sat down and evaluated my collection, I realized that I already had a quite a number of french cut bands/rings and that what was really missing was a go-to, daily bangle with diamonds. I wear my Cartier love bangle in WG on a daily basis and never take it off. My only regret about it is that I didn’t buy the version with diamonds when I got it 10 years ago (before the numerous price increases). I had been looking for an antique bangle with old cuts but my wrist is on the smallish side so sizing always seemed to be an issue (as you can’t re-size a bangle).

Most of my french cut bands consist of elongated/rectangular FCs but I have one FC ring with square FCs that I had gotten preloved on PS from the lovely @peppermintpatty . I acquired it a couple of months after I bought the parcel and once I decided to go the bangle route, I wanted to duplicate the look of this ring. The love it to bits and I thought that its simple yet interesting design would translate well into an everyday bangle.
IMG_4432.jpeg

Here is my pot about the ring on the PS Treasures thread:

I worked up a mockup and sent Caysie this:
IMG_5197.jpeg

Caysie had her bench that does hand fabrications to make this bangle and I am so happy with the result.

The ctw isn’t actually that much but it provides the perfect amount of sparkle for everyday wear without being over the top. It’s so versatile and I can wear it with jeans or dressed up.

Specs:
Platinum with soft brushed finish
3 ctw - 24 french cuts (2.3-2.4mm, E/F, VS) and 50 single cuts

The french cuts have relatively high specs so it took some time for Caysie to source high quality single cuts to match.

IMG_3924.jpeg
IMG_3956.jpeg
IMG_3949.jpeg

It turned out amazing! Something no one else will have!! Just beautiful!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t believe I missed this! Those French and single cuts are a sublime combo :kiss2:

It elevates your Love and looks fantastic in your wrist.

I also enjoyed the photoshopping of your ring into a continuous line and pasted onto your wrist - excellent visualization techniques :geek2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m glad @Pomelo commented on this beauty, as it brought it back to the top of my page & I got to drool all over again :lickout:

Can I ask about that lovely gold chain bracelet you are wearing with it here & always have on your left wrist? I love the casual way it’s fastened, with chain dangling down!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results