shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My E-Ring Dream Come True: Leon Mege and AVC

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
marymm - This ring is very me because it is feminine yet modern and elegant. Only Leon Mege was able to pull this together for me and I tried a few times. Now, I am off to find me some diamond studs. I am finally getting my ears repierced (I let one of them close) and I am going to treat mself!!!

diamondseeker2006 - It is such a shame that Leon is no longer taking AVCs. I really hope he changes his mind because I wouldn't know where to go if I ever decide on a reset. I am still waiting to see if someone as good as Leon can be found. I have been looking for years and still looking.

I guess I feel lucky to have gotten my order in. The funny thing is that I purchased this AVC in Sept 2009 - this was the last AVC cut before Jon decided on the August Vintage name so my stone did not get inscribed as I sent it off to Richard Sherwood. This diamond sat with Richard Sherwood until Feb 2010 when I decided to send it to Leon. I then had it sitting with Leon for months and months until I decided what to do with it in Sept 2011. Two years!!! This diamond and ring has spent a lot of time with vendors.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, its really stunning!!! GORGEOUS :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! :love:

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I didn't have any trouble w/ Leon at all. He was dry and witty but not remotely offensive. He was generous w/ his time and letting me fondle the pieces in the boxes, etc. . . despite having some major personal health issue w/ a loved one that week.
beautiful experience all around for me. Glad you had similar experience!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmypoo, I am so happy to see this lovely setting!!! I, too, am a DanielK fan, and I just love the direction Leon took your gorgeous AVC! It looks just massive on your beautiful hands!

I do have one question, though - do you still have the Maytal ring? I've loved that one so much, as well!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my heavens Charmy that is exquisite, especially on your beautiful fairy like hands. You are such a lucky woman to have a Maytal H. and a LM to enjoy! Do you plan on wearing one as a RHR? Thank you for sharing!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Charmy.....

That is one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen, and probably the best split shank ring I've ever seen!!! I love how small the split part is and connecting to one band, that's what I'm trying to create with yellow diamond, but with double halos.

Personally your MH ring is very pretty as RHR, but your LM ring is SO PERFECT as ER, it just is so SPECTACULAR :love: :love:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful-congratulations!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and with your hands, you should consider hand modeling!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Dani, Tuckins1, herekittkitty, lulu - Thank you!

LaurenThePartier - I still do have the Matyal Hannah ring. It is a completely different look and I love it. I am debating whether or not to sell the diamond and put a nice gemstone in it. See this thread - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sell-or-not-sell-modern-cushion.156081/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sell-or-not-sell-modern-cushion.156081/..[/URL].

SandyCheeks - I am a lucky girl :) I only wear one at a time as it is excessively flash to wear both. Makes me feel like a show off which I don't like. I wore both rings yesterday to see if I can dedicde what to do with the diamond. It was hilarious ... everyone was like .. what... you have two rings. I didn't want to explain.

Wintotty - You have one of my favorite rings ever. I am so glad to have you back! I love seeing your ring! I can't wait to see what you do with the yellow diamond ring. I wanted a very small split and Leon executed it perfectly.

NeverEndingUpgrade - what you don't see in the photos are all my scars :razz:

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Your new setting is amazing! I am usually not drawn to split shank designs but yours is perfect! I love how the split goes into one band. I know budget is a personal thing but if you don't mind will you share the price range for the setting? I would love a Leon when it's time for me to get engaged.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely one of the most gorgeous and stunning engagement rings I have EVER seen. Leon may have his faults, but his jewelery design and execution is truly truly exquisite!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the nicest rings I have ever seen! Congrats! It's stunning!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why it is your dream ring. It is stunning and looks so amazing on your hand. Congratulations. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! 2 years!!! I couldn't have parted with that beauty for that long! You were wise to have him redo the setting because I honestly like yours better than version #1.

I'm dying to know, what are kind of diamonds are you looking for for the studs???

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Your LM and those pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
bluebell - Leon's pricing varies based on the customer and the size of the center stone. For this particular setting, I would say it can be anywhere from $4000 to $6000.

MakingTheGrade - This means a lot to me especially with your outstanding collection. I agree - Leon may have his faults but he sure has talent. I still find his quality unmatched for the prices he offers.

ilovethiswebsite, Gempassion - Thank you so much.

marcy - I hope I will be happy with this setting for a long time!

diamondseeker - Crazy huh... I don't know why it took me so long. I have no regrets asking him to remake it even though the ring is worth less. I just felt that the first go was not me and not what I wanted. My fiance encouraged me to just say no (partly because he didn't want to hear any more complaints).

Nothing too fancy for the studs as I want to get something nice and fancy for the wedding. Debating if I just get some cheapies on ebay or go on the hunt for a matching diamond to an OEC I have. I have a couple of loose OECs right now but they are all sized too differently.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Charmy -

I am so happy for you! The ring looks beautiful and even more so on your delicate hand. Truly gorgeous!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Charmy, your new ring is gorgeous. i love the open profile view!! btw, i vote for a gemstone in the maytal setting. My eyes are drawn to the avc in every single picture. congrats on finally getting it!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooo! No cheapy ebay studs when you have some of the most gorgeous rings in the world! Finding a match to an old OEC stone might take some time, but that would be nice. Otherwise, I'd get an upgradable pair!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296962736|2844546 said:
Noooo! No cheapy ebay studs when you have some of the most gorgeous rings in the world! Finding a match to an old OEC stone might take some time, but that would be nice. Otherwise, I'd get an upgradable pair!

totally agree with DS! studs are classic and timeless, go ahead and get a nice pair for the wedding that you can keep forever or upgrade later if you choose!

katushka

Rough_Rock
Amazing...just the loveliest stone, setting and story! I feel like I've been waiting to see this ring for months and it has more than lived up to what I thought it would look like—especially seeing it on your hand. I admire your "micro-managing" and think it will yield years and years of happiness for you and your husband!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your a very lucky girl, the ring is stunning.

Chris-at-ERD

Rough_Rock
Trade
Charmypoo,

Leon's passion is surely stamped on your E-Ring=speachless and the photography is crisp and clean, would it be possible to know which camera you are using for those pics ? I am very curious and thank you in advance.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Chris-at-ERD|1297000744|2844735 said:
Charmypoo,

Leon's passion is surely stamped on your E-Ring=speachless and the photography is crisp and clean, would it be possible to know which camera you are using for those pics ? I am very curious and thank you in advance.

Thank you so much Chris. The photos were taken with a Nikon D300S with a Tamron 90mm 2.8 lense. My photos are crappy and not in focus but the future hubby isn't into taking photos of my jewelry!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
it's just unbelievable!!!! I love how you have the basket sorta floating there. Wow! I'm speechless.It's perfection

E B

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous ring!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Charmy!!

I may not agree with his business model but I certainly admire his work, and yours is yet another lovely example :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results