clarity

My Dream Ring is Coming Together - 3.01 ct I VVS2 EC

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my heart skipped a beat when I saw the pic with the trapezoids! I can't wait to see the final result! If I'm this excited and impatient, I can't imagine what state you're in @Catmom :lol-2:

I know, right? It's amazing what those traps add. Sigh......waiting is NOT my strong suit!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning they will be amazing when set!!!

Thank you arkieb1! I'm really happy with the size of the traps. They are the perfect compliment to the EC.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be gorgeous. Those side stones are some great proportions!

And double prongs on an emerald cut :swoon:

Thanks Iwanttosparkle!, Love the name by the way. There was no question about having double claw prongs, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of gorgeous coming your way! What a beautiful ring to celebrate two milestones!!

Thanks MissGotRocks! I'm hoping it helps with the sting of being so damn old but as hubby always says, it's better than the alternative. :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I love your new diamond, Michelle! I also think you chose a great pair of traps! I really prefer accent traps to allow the center stone to stand out! I've said this before, but you are so fortunate to have an excellent local jeweler! I can't wait to see your finished ring! (And you just reminded me that I have probably the same bad birthday in 2020, so I need to think of a good consolation gift, too! :lol: )

Thank you so much diamondseeker2006! I really wanted the EC to stand out, no halos, etc. I was amazed at how these traps added but did not detract. I am very fortunate to have my Jeweler. She does outstanding custom jewelry. We may be down in FL when this ring is completed and she is already making plans to bring it down to us if we are. Now that is some service!

Uh oh on the birthday. We can commiserate together, lol. I'm sure you will have something fabulous to help with that!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn’t get more elegant and sophisticated than this. Absolutely stunning. Congratulations on your milestones!

Thank you so much Bonfire! That's what I'm envisioning.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful diamond @Catmom! Those traps will look perfect with it!

I'll join the chorus: I cant wait to see it finished also!! :love: :love:

Thanks sarahb! I'm making everyone wait with me. I'm so mean. :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing pics of the finished ring as it will be stunning!

I love the main stone for its more slender shape as I am not a fan of chubby ECs if one knows what I mean.

DK :))

Thank you dk168. It's funny you say this. We must have looked at 20 or more ECs all in the 1.30 - 1.40 L/W ratio because I thought I like chubby more yet none of them really spoke to me. Then came this one which is 1.50 and boom, there it was saying "BUY ME". Add in those traps and perfection happened in my eyes and I guess that is all that matters, right?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you dk168. It's funny you say this. We must have looked at 20 or more ECs all in the 1.30 - 1.40 L/W ratio because I thought I like chubby more yet none of them really spoke to me. Then came this one which is 1.50 and boom, there it was saying "BUY ME". Add in those traps and perfection happened in my eyes and I guess that is all that matters, right?

I believe diamonds/CSs communicate to me, like my own EC.
Rob at Diamondhouse BE brought in 3 stones for me to look at, the one I chose apparently would not be considered by the likes of Tiffany as its proportions are too long, yet it was love at first sight for me.

I really should love my mum's near 2ct MRB, yet, I don't, and it is most likely to be set as a convertible piece as a pendant/bracelet as I will not wear it as a ring!

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely! Mine is for a big birthday also (60th) and I'm planning on a plain bezel. I've always wanted a really warm stone; I loved the 2ct R colored AVC I briefly owned ,but immediately wanted something even more tinted and considerably larger. So I'm hoping this fits the bill.

I love the proportions you've chosen for your stones - those baguettes are faboosh! I love that they're not too large. But given your small fingers, you could have no baguettes at all, and you're *still* going to get amazing finger coverage! When are you hoping to have it done? My birthday is mid-year.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, Catmom!!!! I love the stone and especially the traps! If I could have a second ring, I would love to have one like that! Holy moly! I think we are about the same place in life and started out the same as well. I just turned 60 and we are celebrating our 40th next July. I cant wait to see your new ring. It is going to be fabulous! Congratulations on all the wonderful things happening for you this year!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK and Catmom - you are so right - when you see that perfect EC you know it!

I can't wait to see your finished ring @Carmom

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely! Mine is for a big birthday also (60th) and I'm planning on a plain bezel. I've always wanted a really warm stone; I loved the 2ct R colored AVC I briefly owned ,but immediately wanted something even more tinted and considerably larger. So I'm hoping this fits the bill.

I love the proportions you've chosen for your stones - those baguettes are faboosh! I love that they're not too large. But given your small fingers, you could have no baguettes at all, and you're *still* going to get amazing finger coverage! When are you hoping to have it done? My birthday is mid-year.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks mrs-b! I have such small, stumpy fingers I can't have anything too big. My ring size is 4.75 so I think this is about all the finger coverage I can manage. Originally we thought it would be done by the end of February but at our last meeting my jeweler felt it may be done sooner, maybe end of January. Here's hoping for that! My birthday is in May and Anni is in August. We started early, lol.

I hope your new stone is warm enough for you, it certainly is large! :rodent:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, Catmom!!!! I love the stone and especially the traps! If I could have a second ring, I would love to have one like that! Holy moly! I think we are about the same place in life and started out the same as well. I just turned 60 and we are celebrating our 40th next July. I cant wait to see your new ring. It is going to be fabulous! Congratulations on all the wonderful things happening for you this year!

Thank you so much luv2sparkle! 2019 was such a horrible year for us that 2020 just has to be better. This will certainly help, lol. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and congratulations on your upcoming 40th Anniversary!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK and Catmom - you are so right - when you see that perfect EC you know it!

I can't wait to see your finished ring @Carmom

Thank you so much marcy!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love emeralds and a center emerald with side traps?!? Swoon! :kiss2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring sounds divine! Can't wait to see it. Perhaps it will give me ideas for my big birthday in a few years.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love emeralds and a center emerald with side traps?!? Swoon! :kiss2:

Thanks diamondsR4eVR! At first I wasn't sure I wanted side stones but I saw some settings with trap side stones and fell in love.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring sounds divine! Can't wait to see it. Perhaps it will give me ideas for my big birthday in a few years.

Thanks so much Doberman! I'm always happy to enable. :bigsmile:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. @Catmom !!!! This is my dream ring so I call dibs on babysitting if you ever need it!!! How absolutely beautiful are those stones!!! Like a tray of ice cubes. :kiss2: I can't wait to see the finished piece - it's going to be breathtaking!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. @Catmom !!!! This is my dream ring so I call dibs on babysitting if you ever need it!!! How absolutely beautiful are those stones!!! Like a tray of ice cubes. :kiss2: I can't wait to see the finished piece - it's going to be breathtaking!

Aww thank you KristyDarling! I will keep you at the top of the list should I ever need it. ;)2 :lol:

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
This is bound to be another sensational @Catmom piece! How exciting! I also love more elongated shape of this one-so flattering on the hand and absolutely perfect with the side stones. Congratulations-can't wait to see it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is bound to be another sensational @Catmom piece! How exciting! I also love more elongated shape of this one-so flattering on the hand and absolutely perfect with the side stones. Congratulations-can't wait to see it!

Thank you so much Siamese Kitty! I really thought I liked the pudgy ones better yet it was this one that called to me. It's going to be so hard to wait.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! So stunning! I can’t wait to see the finished ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results