shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dream Ring is Coming Together - 3.01 ct I VVS2 EC

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always loved emerald cut diamonds. There something about those step cut facets that just get to me...so elegant....so classic. It's been a dream to have a nicely sized one. Then all these gorgeous OECs came along and I started to get side tracked. 2020 is a big year for me, "big" birthday and my 40th wedding anniversary. Hubby was put on notice that it could be a costly year for him. :lol: So I've been on the diamond hunt for the past few months, both ECs and OECs. Something 3 carats or over. I've looked at both from 3 cts up to 3.68 cts but not found the one until now. I left it up to fate as to which type stone and size I would end up with, whatever called to me first and appropriately the winner is an EC. GIA 3.01ct I VVS2. It only has two tiny pinpoints on the edge, is full of fire and as of this morning is now mine! It will be set in a vintage style platinum setting custom made by my jeweler. This morning we picked out the trapezoid side stones which are step cut and H VS1s. The setting will have double claw prongs, scrollwork, engraving and milgraining. Everything I love about vintage jewelry. I'm so excited. I don't know how I will wait these next couple months. I've now joined the impatiently waiting crew here on PS.

PS, I have to make a disclaimer about these pics. They were taken in my jeweler's store. This diamond reflects everything around it including her gold ceiling, hubby's yellow sweater, my green top, etc. No matter what we tried every picture came out looking like it is a Fancy Yellow diamond or a Fancy green diamond. It is neither, I assure you, lol.

IMG_6592[1].jpg

IMG_6596[1].jpg

IMG_6597[1].jpg

IMG_6630[1].jpg

IMG_6631[1].jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the shots with the trapezoids.....

IMG_6620[1].jpg

IMG_6625[1].jpg

IMG_6620[1].jpg IMG_6625[1].jpg

IMG_6626[1].jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This will be incredibly stunning! I'll be watching this thread and cannot wait to see the end result!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be incredibly stunning! I'll be watching this thread and cannot wait to see the end result!!!

Thanks TheGarnetGirl! Waiting is going to be so hard. My Jeweler is excited about making this so I have a feeling it's going to be done sooner rather than later..........hope.........hope.......

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring will be fabulous and I can't wait to see shots of it when it is done. Good work!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you! Happy birthday and anniversary!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh emmm geee be still my heart...LOVE!:love: It is so elegant and glamorous and just beautiful @Catmom. I am super excited for you.:appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh emmm geee be still my heart...LOVE!:love: It is so elegant and glamorous and just beautiful @Catmom. I am super excited for you.:appl:

Aww, thanks so much missy! It's really going to be hard to wait for this baby.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this is going to be perfection!!!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
She’s STUNNING!!! And the pics with the traps- ❤❤❤!!,
Can’t wait time see the completed ring! Congrats, @Catmom!!
And advance Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and Happy Holidays!! What a wonderful way to celebrate such milestones!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I predict this will be amazing :D

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my heart skipped a beat when I saw the pic with the trapezoids! I can't wait to see the final result! If I'm this excited and impatient, I can't imagine what state you're in @Catmom :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHHHHHHHH FABU! I'm jeali!!!

cheers--Sharon

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I can't wait either!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning they will be amazing when set!!!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
That is going to be gorgeous. Those side stones are some great proportions!

And double prongs on an emerald cut :swoon:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of gorgeous coming your way! What a beautiful ring to celebrate two milestones!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I love your new diamond, Michelle! I also think you chose a great pair of traps! I really prefer accent traps to allow the center stone to stand out! I've said this before, but you are so fortunate to have an excellent local jeweler! I can't wait to see your finished ring! (And you just reminded me that I have probably the same bad birthday in 2020, so I need to think of a good consolation gift, too! :lol: )

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn’t get more elegant and sophisticated than this. Absolutely stunning. Congratulations on your milestones!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful diamond @Catmom! Those traps will look perfect with it!

I'll join the chorus: I cant wait to see it finished also!! :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its absolutely gorgeous @Catmom :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing pics of the finished ring as it will be stunning!

I love the main stone for its more slender shape as I am not a fan of chubby ECs if one knows what I mean.

DK :))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this is going to be perfection!!!!

Thank you so much Alex T! I can see it in my head, hopefully it comes out the same, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s STUNNING!!! And the pics with the traps- ❤❤❤!!,
Can’t wait time see the completed ring! Congrats, @Catmom!!
And advance Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and Happy Holidays!! What a wonderful way to celebrate such milestones!!

Aww thank you maita13! I love the stone itself but those traps just add everything, at least in my opinion. LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results