Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
:love::love::love:
Oh "my" what a beautiful diamond!

Reactions: EC8

EC8

Shiny_Rock
In love, I never see stones like this when I look on his site :(
@autumngems I would recommend contacting Adam directly with the specifics of what you are looking for as not all the diamonds listed on the website have photos.

P

PierreBear

@EC8 - I keep coming back to your thread. Gosh what a gorgeous stone and setting. Would love to see more pictures of your wedding set! I love how you added engraving to the shank and wondered how you styled that beauty with another band!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! The culet, the claws and the carving on the shank are lovely. The setting is a great match for the stone.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Hi @PierreBear, I ended up getting a new (to me) band as well as I didn't like how my MRB eternity looked paired with my Ering. Not sure if it was the cut/color of the diamonds or the width of the band, but it just didn't seem to work.
The band I wear it with is an antique, engraved semi eternity with single cuts and is only 1.4mm wide.
Some additional photos, as requested...
:D
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an amazing, gorgeous, set. I nominate it for the “iconic PS pieces thread”! Enjoy it in good health!

P

PierreBear

Hi @PierreBear, I ended up getting a new (to me) band as well as I didn't like how my MRB eternity looked paired with my Ering. Not sure if it was the cut/color of the diamonds or the width of the band, but it just didn't seem to work.
The band I wear it with is an antique, engraved semi eternity with single cuts and is only 1.4mm wide.
Some additional photos, as requested...
:D
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG

Gorgeous! You have quite the eye on pairing the band with the ering. Complements it well and doesn't take away from it. :appl: Appreciate the extra photos! So lovely and congrats again!

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
:love:

beaubeee

Rough_Rock
@autumngems I would recommend contacting Adam directly with the specifics of what you are looking for as not all the diamonds listed on the website have photos.

How do we contact him directly? I sent a message via the website with what I am looking for and have not heard back. It’s been a week :( good old gold has already messaged me back about their August vintage collection but not with anything fitting my requirements. I am not sure if this is because I want a smaller diamond (.80 ish)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is perfection. One of the most stunning stones I've ever seen on here!

leahallegra

Rough_Rock
Oh thats lovely! Congrats on finding that perfect stone!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful, I love a this OEC. Gah the more old cuts I see the longer my wanta list gets! And I am dying over your band it goes amazing with Miss M.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
How do we contact him directly? I sent a message via the website with what I am looking for and have not heard back. It’s been a week :( good old gold has already messaged me back about their August vintage collection but not with anything fitting my requirements. I am not sure if this is because I want a smaller diamond (.80 ish)
Hi @beaubeee, you might want to trying calling, the phone # is listed on the website.
I've used both methods of reaching Adam; it's a very busy time of the year so I would suspect this is impacting response time.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE this diamond and the setting!!!! It's one of the most gorgeous I've ever seen...this is swaying me to get a cushiony oec for my upgrade just like this beauty lol, seriously though

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Love the diamond and ring setting so much!!! The part where modern matches a little bit of ancient touch... 8 prongs :love::love:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beauty, I love the stone and the setting, it is perfection!

muesli

Shiny_Rock
It's just so stunning! I'm totally in love with OEC's, they are magical! Hopefully I can find one when it's time to get a new engagement ring (we (SO and I) are not satisfied with the one we've got (long and boring story).

Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring and giving me hope that one day I will wear an OEC too.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Utterly gorgeous. A beautiful, luminous stone with floral and lively faceting- and the setting is perfection. Love the band you chose to go with. Thanks for sharing.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I just want to share my newly upgraded Ering that I am so excited about.
My upgrade journey took a few twists and turns along the way, but I finally found the one!
Many thanks to all the PSers who are old cut lovers; I have learned so much about antique diamonds here on this forum and contacted Adam/OldWorldDiamonds on their recommendations.
I was in search of an ACC, but after seeing a wide range of stones, I realized that I preferred the faceting of an OEC; Adam came up with a perfect solution, a cushiony OEC!
Adam was just so easy to work with and I would highly recommend him/OWD to anyone looking for an antique diamond. To top it off, his bench did an excellent job in executing my custom designed setting.
So, without further ado, my Divine Miss "M" (3.35/M/VS2/OEC)

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

I know this is an old post, but your ring is so jaw-dropping! I am currently looking at an antique stone in the same color range. Can I ask how you feel the white metal setting changes the look of the stone? I am considering platinum just to maximize the white face up. Did you see the stone against yellow gold as well before you made your decision? Do you think it's most white-facing from the top vs. the side? Thanks so much - this is just so beautiful!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
hi @LoveMeDo, thanks for your kind comments.
Due to how it was cut my stone faced up very white for its color grade even before setting.
The warmth is apparent from the side (see profile picture posted earlier in this thread).
I had it set in platinum because that is the metal I prefer, it wasn’t to influence the color of the diamond.
I have heard that it can go either way, depending on the stone.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@EC8 Miss M is SO lovely. Her facet pattern is TDF!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I’m sorry I’m relatively new to it, I thought the smaller more faceted 1.6 carat stone was an OMC and the other, a 1.8 was an OEC! I was initially thinking the 1.6 but the finger coverage of the other was really swaying me!

@EC8 Miss M is SO lovely. Her facet pattern is TDF!

thanks @lulu_ma, she still makes me smile each time I put her on!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
my heart! this is AMAZING! The big fat facets are so flashy!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results