shape
carat
color
clarity

My daughters' pendant projects with old family stones

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I almost hated to post these sub-PS quality diamonds, but I think they worked out much better as pendant stones! David really did a great job, and I am so happy with the outcome! I think I am of the mindset of repurposing or selling things that will never be worn. I really want to narrow down my own collection to special pieces, some of which I will pass along over the years. I already have a few things like little diamond studs for my granddaughters!

Oh yes, I adore his engraving! Makes me want to get a wide engraved wedding band for myself!

Please no one feel bad posting diamonds that arnt the 'PS standard '
A diamond piece can still be absolutly charming and i love the stories that sometimes accompany a less that perfect 'PS' ring
im not just saying this because i don't own a PS quality ring
But rather because there is much beauty to be found in imperfections

Just look at nature ?
Look at people?
Imperfections are also personally

I absolutely love it here and all of you and all the beautuful perfectly sparkly bling but i feel sad that deep in my heart i love my 2 favourite rings just a little less because of here and learning their faults

These family diamond pendents are one of my favourite things on PS right now
i love the history and the love,
the reinvention and the future of these beautiful peices

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous.

What made you do the bale like that on the second one? I really like it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for all the nice comments! I am really glad my girls like jewelry! lol!

Great results!!!
Beautiful, they are!

Woohoo- congrats to DKJ for making in within the timeframe and budget.

Winners all around!!!
well done!

Its the perfect size !
I would want to never take it off !

Both are gorgeous!! What lucky daughters you have!

Both are gorgeous.

What made you do the bale like that on the second one? I really like it.

I have a picture file full of pendant photos, and I took that idea from another pendant and combined it with the engraved halo that DK has done on some rings! I really like that one, too!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please no one feel bad posting diamonds that arnt the 'PS standard '
A diamond piece can still be absolutly charming and i love the stories that sometimes accompany a less that perfect 'PS' ring
im not just saying this because i don't own a PS quality ring
But rather because there is much beauty to be found in imperfections

Just look at nature ?
Look at people?
Imperfections are also personally

I absolutely love it here and all of you and all the beautuful perfectly sparkly bling but i feel sad that deep in my heart i love my 2 favourite rings just a little less because of here and learning their faults

These family diamond pendents are one of my favourite things on PS right now
i love the history and the love,
the reinvention and the future of these beautiful peices

This post brought tears to my eyes! This is a special community and there are SO many genuinely nice people here, I totally agree! But please, please never feel that your much loved rings are not up to some arbitrary standards! I never again wore my original ring after my initial anniversary upgrade. It sat there for so long in a jewelry box, and I am so happy this opportunity came up for it to be repurposed and become a family heirloom. I do not think for one minute my daughter values this jewelry piece any less because of the diamond. I am quite sure it looks beautiful to her and specs would actually mean nothing to her! So thank you for your sweet comments, and I do believe these diamonds will go on to be loved for another generation!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This post brought tears to my eyes! This is a special community and there are SO many genuinely nice people here, I totally agree! But please, please never feel that your much loved rings are not up to some arbitrary standards! I never again wore my original ring after my initial anniversary upgrade. It sat there for so long in a jewelry box, and I am so happy this opportunity came up for it to be repurposed and become a family heirloom. I do not think for one minute my daughter values this jewelry piece any less because of the diamond. I am quite sure it looks beautiful to her and specs would actually mean nothing to her! So thank you for your sweet comments, and I do believe these diamonds will go on to be loved for another generation!

Thank you =)2
I'm learning to relove my window 3 stone and my little bezel that won't throw me a rainbow

But you have created a beautiful heirloom piece for not just your family but also your other daughter's extended family
Im sure who ever owned the other diamond from her husband's family would be so happy to know it too will live on to be loved by another generation

It really is a case of well done you ! (×2)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, both beautiful pieces! I love DK's engraving!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful, DS! How lovely that you were able to re-use family stones this way!

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
Your daughters are very lucky! Both necklaces are gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are just gorgeous!!!! Such lucky daughters!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much! I am really happy for the girls to have some special pieces they can wear now! And yes, DK's engraving is so beautiful!

Love both pendants, especially the yellow gold engraved!

Wow, both beautiful pieces! I love DK's engraving!

They are both beautiful, DS! How lovely that you were able to re-use family stones this way!

Your daughters are very lucky! Both necklaces are gorgeous!

Both are just gorgeous!!!! Such lucky daughters!

M

MillieLou

Just beautiful and so meaningful. I love how the settings draw out the personality of each individual diamond, and (I imagine) your daughters' own preferences and personalities.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results