shape
carat
color
clarity

My daughters' pendant projects with old family stones

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My younger daughter had asked me a few weeks ago to help her turn a ring her husband gave her with his grandmother's diamond into a pendant. She wanted a very simple halo design with a limited budget. Plus she really hoped to have it before the holidays (so his family could see it), and I knew David Klass would be her best hope to meet budget and timeline. Around the same time, my older daughter's husband spoke with me about suggestions for a 10th anniversary gift for her. I told him he could use my 1 ct diamond from my original engagement ring if he'd like to make a custom pendant for her. He loved that idea, so I also recommended DK for this since their anniversary was today, an even shorter timeframe! I had some ideas of what my older daughter liked because I had shown her some pictures when the other daughter was talking about maybe making a pendant when she was here a few weeks ago. She really liked an engraved halo ring DK had made, so that's what I recommended for her pendant. Both diamonds are old and not well cut, but they both look SO much better in their beautiful new attire! I highly recommend repurposing old stones with sentimental value even when they aren't up to normal PS standards.

These are not good pictures at all, but I haven't seen the halo one yet in person since it went directly to my daughter. I was able to take a couple of quick pics of the other one before my son-in-law gave it to my other daughter. The pendants are beautifully made, and I especially love the engraving on the second one. Amy and David were delightful to work with, and these projects only took about 4 weeks!

So first is the .80 diamond with halo set in platinum. She used the diamonds from the shank of the ring in the halo.

DKpendantAnna2.JPEG

DKpendantAnna1.JPEG

Next is the 1 F carat diamond set in a platinum bezel and 18k yellow gold halo for the anniversary gift. David even engraved the back (middle picture)! Chain is 1.8mm.

DKpendantCaroline1.jpg

DKpendantCaroline3.jpg

DKpendantCaroline5.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, two stunning masterpieces! Mother of the Year goes to you! :mrgreen: Your girls must be thrilled. The first one is my dream pendant!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, two stunning masterpieces! Mother of the Year goes to you! :mrgreen: Your girls must be thrilled. The first one is my dream pendant!

They just have to train the husbands to ask me for help! lol! That way they know they'll get something they love! The older daughter told me this evening after he gave her the pendant that he told her the other day he was going to surprise her, and she said she was very afraid! :lol: Then she said when she opened the gift, she knew for sure I must have helped him!

The other daughter loves hers, too. They made it exactly like she wanted, and she wears it everyday!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
My younger daughter had asked me a few weeks ago to help her turn a ring her husband gave her with his grandmother's diamond into a pendant. She wanted a very simple halo design with a limited budget. Plus she really hoped to have it before the holidays (so his family could see it), and I knew David Klass would be her best hope to meet budget and timeline. Around the same time, my older daughter's husband spoke with me about suggestions for a 10th anniversary gift for her. I told him he could use my 1 ct diamond from my original engagement ring if he'd like to make a custom pendant for her. He loved that idea, so I also recommended DK for this since their anniversary was today, an even shorter timeframe! I had some ideas of what my older daughter liked because I had shown her some pictures when the other daughter was talking about maybe making a pendant when she was here a few weeks ago. She really liked an engraved halo ring DK had made, so that's what I recommended for her pendant. Both diamonds are old and not well cut, but they both look SO much better in their beautiful new attire! I highly recommend repurposing old stones with sentimental value even when they aren't up to normal PS standards.

These are not good pictures at all, but I haven't seen the halo one yet in person since it went directly to my daughter. I was able to take a couple of quick pics of the other one before my son-in-law gave it to my other daughter. The pendants are beautifully made, and I especially love the engraving on the second one. Amy and David were delightful to work with, and these projects only took about 4 weeks!

So first is the .80 diamond with halo set in platinum. She used the diamonds from the shank of the ring in the halo.

DKpendantAnna2.JPEG

DKpendantAnna1.JPEG

Next is the 1 F carat diamond set in a platinum bezel and 18k yellow gold halo for the anniversary gift. David even engraved the back (middle picture)! Chain is 1.8mm.

DKpendantCaroline1.jpg

DKpendantCaroline3.jpg

DKpendantCaroline5.jpg

I love that platinum one. Do you have any pictures of the back/side? Is it fairly flat or raised up?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww that is so sweet of their husbands to know who to ask for advice ;-)! Such pretty pendants and so glad that old family diamonds could be repurposed in this way. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you! My old diamond had been sitting in a jewelry box for the last 14 + years after I got my anniversary upgrade diamond after joining PS! I never wore it again, so I am glad someone can enjoy it now and eventually pass it down!

my favourite kind of thread
Both beautiful pieces
You must be a wonderful mother in law

Thank you! I am not sure whether they'd agree with that last statement or not, but since I help babysit the older daughter's kids, I think her husband likely does appreciate me! lol!
I love that platinum one. Do you have any pictures of the back/side? Is it fairly flat or raised up?
I don't think I do, but it is definitely pretty flat. Just deep enough for the diamond. If I remember, I'll try to look and see if I see the CADs and it might show the depth. I do like that a lot.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 beautiful pendants! :clap:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Both are beautiful and the second is unique too.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Both turned out beautifully!! I love that the backside of the engraved halo is also engraved.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Such a feel good thread ❤️ Wonderful story and wonderful pendants :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these! And I love that the boys trusted your involvement & input - I second the nomination for MIL of the year!

Your daughters are very lucky & I hope they get much joy from wearing them. And would LOVE to see a neck shot of your oldest daughters engraved halo if she sends you one!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous!!! So personal and beautiful♥️♥️♥️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendants , and your daughters have trained their OHs well to come to you for advice!

I echo the suggestion to repurpose old stones/jewellery - I regret having sold the pieces my mum gave to me when I needed the money for relocation purposes back in 2006 to this day.

DK :))

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Such lovely pieces, ds!! Thoughtful and meaningful jewelry to me are the most precious❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, how gorgeous a transformation. Love these so much. :love:
Meaningful pieces that will be treasured for decades to come. :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both diamond pendants turned out so beautifully, DS! :kiss2:

I love that there is history to each piece that is being passed down to the next generation!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Those are both gorgeous pendants, with a lovely story behind each one.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty- I am sure both girls are very happy with their new pendants! Love the stories!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both pendants are gorgeous and each has it's own personality to fit your daughters' tastes. The sentimental story, the love that was put into each by you and the husbands, and the beautiful outcome, says it all!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They’re both beautiful! I love the yellow gold one and how nice to get that diamond out of your jewelry box again.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

DKpendantAnna2.JPEG

DKpendantAnna1.JPEG

DKpendantCaroline1.jpg

DKpendantCaroline3.jpg

DKpendantCaroline5.jpg

These are both so gorgeous. I also love the engraving on the second one front and back. DKJ engraving is so beautifully done.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I definitely need to catch up here! Thank you all SO much for your kind comments!

2 beautiful pendants! :clap:

Both are beautiful and the second is unique too.

Wow, those are beautiful! I didn't get a MIL when I got married, so can I claim you?
Haha! They might advise you against it!

Both turned out beautifully!! I love that the backside of the engraved halo is also engraved.
David really does a beautiful job as I have seen in many of your projects! I didn't request the back side to be engraved, but I definitely thought about it. It's like he read my mind, which is a good thing!

Such a feel good thread ❤️ Wonderful story and wonderful pendants :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely that your daughters have made use of your talents and generosity.

I love these! And I love that the boys trusted your involvement & input - I second the nomination for MIL of the year!

Your daughters are very lucky & I hope they get much joy from wearing them. And would LOVE to see a neck shot of your oldest daughters engraved halo if she sends you one!
I'll look and see if there's a picture of her wearing it!

Both are gorgeous!!! So personal and beautiful♥️♥️♥️

I love this and the amount of thought and consideration that went into the projects from all parties, a lovely way for a family to work together.

Beautiful pendants , and your daughters have trained their OHs well to come to you for advice!

I echo the suggestion to repurpose old stones/jewellery - I regret having sold the pieces my mum gave to me when I needed the money for relocation purposes back in 2006 to this day.

DK :))
Well, I think we've likely all made some jewelry mistakes in the past, but I only had one diamond from my mother and my original diamond to reset. So I am glad I at least had those to hand down.

Such lovely pieces, ds!! Thoughtful and meaningful jewelry to me are the most precious❤️

Thank you all so much! It's really my pleasure to see them having some nice jewelry pieces, even though these weren't the greatest diamonds. I think the girls have made it pretty clear to the husbands to get advice from me on jewelry! There's just no possibility of getting bench work like this done in our area. Plus, I just know what they like in general, so it's far easier for me to help with projects. I think all the family diamonds are now set, so my better pieces will go to them over time for special birthdays. It makes me happy to think of them having heirlooms to hand down to future generations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I almost hated to post these sub-PS quality diamonds, but I think they worked out much better as pendant stones! David really did a great job, and I am so happy with the outcome! I think I am of the mindset of repurposing or selling things that will never be worn. I really want to narrow down my own collection to special pieces, some of which I will pass along over the years. I already have a few things like little diamond studs for my granddaughters!

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous a transformation. Love these so much. :love:
Meaningful pieces that will be treasured for decades to come. :appl:

PERFECT.. Two fabulous necklaces and two happy daughters! Nothing better than that.:appl:

Both diamond pendants turned out so beautifully, DS! :kiss2:

I love that there is history to each piece that is being passed down to the next generation!

Those are both gorgeous pendants, with a lovely story behind each one.

So pretty- I am sure both girls are very happy with their new pendants! Love the stories!

Both pendants are gorgeous and each has it's own personality to fit your daughters' tastes. The sentimental story, the love that was put into each by you and the husbands, and the beautiful outcome, says it all!

They’re both beautiful! I love the yellow gold one and how nice to get that diamond out of your jewelry box again.

These are both so gorgeous. I also love the engraving on the second one front and back. DKJ engraving is so beautifully done.
Oh yes, I adore his engraving! Makes me want to get a wide engraved wedding band for myself!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Great results!!!
Beautiful, they are!

Woohoo- congrats to DKJ for making in within the timeframe and budget.

Winners all around!!!
well done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results