shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dangle Lever-Back Diamond Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:29:28 PM
Author: musey
This is what I meant:
Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion; I tried to answer all concerns in one succinct post and it appears to have confused the issue.

The fixed leverbacks you posted above were pretty widely available at the time I decided to move to leverback, but I''ve always disliked the fixed position version. To me, a diamond sparkles most when it can move, and limiting its range of motion by trussing it onto the leverback seems counterintuitive. The benefit to having it fixed is that it helps the stone to always face forward, but for me it comes at the cost of the sparkle factor and that''s what I enjoy most about diamonds.

I''ve found that my eye is caught much more by free-swinging jewelry, and it makes even more sense to me with diamonds. Rings sparkle so much because the hand is constantly in motion, so for an earring, it seemed natural to want dangles where the diamond could freely move.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them! I love levers too, keeps you from ever feeling the earring poke you in the head! I wish they made more styles. Whiteflash has a pair I would love to turn into
leverbacks. They are called the Carousel earrings.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:48:43 PM
Author: Allison D.

The fixed leverbacks you posted above were pretty widely available at the time I decided to move to leverback, but I''ve always disliked the fixed position version. To me, a diamond sparkles most when it can move, and limiting its range of motion by trussing it onto the leverback seems counterintuitive. The benefit to having it fixed is that it helps the stone to always face forward, but for me it comes at the cost of the sparkle factor and that''s what I enjoy most about diamonds.

I''ve found that my eye is caught much more by free-swinging jewelry, and it makes even more sense to me with diamonds. Rings sparkle so much because the hand is constantly in motion, so for an earring, it seemed natural to want dangles where the diamond could freely move.

Glad you posted Alj - my earring ideas were being formulated when I followed your quest for gorgeous lever backs. Like you said...the sparkle/motion was very important to me, and leverbacks are just so much more comfortable for me than studs.
41.gif

And because it seems like I''ve mostly commented on the jeweler/settings so much, I gotta say that buying stones from numbers alone on blue nile worked out pretty well for me. Now that they post the cert info, plugging that in to the HCA got me stones that I love! And that was after I made a local store show me at least 4 pairs that I wasn''t happy with either from a visual or cost perspective. Yay for the internet
31.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:55:11 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Love them! I love levers too, keeps you from ever feeling the earring poke you in the head! I wish they made more styles. Whiteflash has a pair I would love to turn into leverbacks. They are called the Carousel earrings.

OMG, those would be gorgeous as leverbacks. I''m sure they can change them from posts to leverbacks if you want them to!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love them.... I''ve always been drawn to studs myself ,,, but your lever backs I think have changed my mind!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE your earrings! My mother would go nuts over these. She doesn''t like studs but would wear leverback earrings round the clock! Congrats on a beautiful pair of earrings.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
oh i really love your earrings

April20

Ideal_Rock
These are fantastic!!!!! I love how you can really see the stone from all angles. I am so jealous right now it is unhealthy!
3.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
these are AWESOME. i love how delicate they are. how simple. how classic. how STUNNING.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results