shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Custom HPD "Symphonie" ring with 2.793 F-VS1 CBI diamond

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last time I went with the Vatche Serenity #1541 as the setting for my 2.21 F-SI1 Cut to Order CBI Diamond.
This time I worked with Melissa and went through 3 CAD designs before settling on my new creation "Symphonie" that I got to name because I designed it. According to Wink it was cast by the same people who cast Harry Winston jewelry. Fine with me. Here is some information about his custom process:
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/jewelsettings/jewelsettings-workshop

There are also some services available for rings purchased from Wink:
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/whyus/whyus-service

First up the CAD design. To improve on my Vatche ring, we raised up the diamond a bit, got rid of the donut, and increased the width of the shank (Melissa didn't recommend 1.8mm for a stone of this size) to 2.1mm. Total weight of the F/G VS H&A melee increased from .12 (Vatche) to .34 (HPD). Since I am a size 4.5, only wanted 10 melee down on each side. For easy cleaning, I wanted the diamond to "float" in the basket and have the culet visible. I always thought that the diamond was a little squished in the Vatche setting (side by side profile view later). So here are the final CADs:

Final CAD clean.jpg Final profile.png Final Close-up with gap.png Final face-up.png Final side.png

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snapped some photos with my phone. Don't want to go outside to use our DSLR because of the extremely smokey conditions due to the CA wildfires 35 miles awayl.

The ring box 20171011_in Ringbox.jpg

My new 2.793 F-VS1 CBI along with her smaller 2.21 F-SI1 CBI sister

20171011_Both CBIs.jpg

A comparison of the profile views, HPD custom on the larger CBI and Vatche Serenity #1541 on the smaller CBI. Excluding the size of the diamonds, I still like the new ring much better.

20171011_Profile.jpg

A side profile shot - Vatche tapered to 1.8mm, .12 ctw melee, HPD Custom 2.1mm shank .34ctw melee

20171011_Side Profile.jpg

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving for a cruise shortly, will try to get some more photos outside with our good camera when we return. Wink tells me that he also will have a video showing how my ring was made, from the initial casting until the final polish after the melee pave was set along with my glorious 2.793 F-VS1 CBI diamond. It is truly a masterpiece in my opinion.

Finally I love receiving chocolates from Wink too. I saved the black ones from 2014 when I received my first Cut to Order CBI diamond. 20171011_Chocolates.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely exquisite in every detail! I love the *stretched* look in the profile shots next to the Vatche ring. Love it! Have a wonderful cruise!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZERS :geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2:

The light return and fire is spectacular!!! I love the changes you made to the setting too, especially the swooping basket.

Congratulations! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and ring! Congratulations. :wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent!!! I really prefer the changes you made to the setting and think it turned out amazing!!! :love::love::love: Enjoy your cruise!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new setting is far superior to the old - it is very pretty and the stone is just gorgeous! Congratulations on your new beauty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, you are making me want another superideal cut seeing that beauty!!!:love::love::love: Wink did a great job bringing your setting ideas to life! I absolutely love it! And F VS1...that's perfection to me for a mrb. Congratulations on your fabulous new ring! (Have you considered making the smaller stone into a pendant? What a set that would be!)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning beautiful and congratulations!!!

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am overwhelmed by how beautiful that is. No words, just sighs.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Simply exquisite! Enjoy and have a nice cruise!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I love the wider shank and the beautiful lines in the setting...stunning!!!

Ok, two CBIs??? I'm jealous:mrgreen:!

P

PierreBear

Gorgeous and enjoy the cruise! Ditto to diamondseeker's question... what will you do with the little sister stone? How exciting to have two beauties though. Enjoy!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phenomenal!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Far out!! That's a gorgeous diamond and aperfect setting - beautiful! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crap!! BREATHTAKINGLY beautiful!!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and enjoy the cruise! Ditto to diamondseeker's question... what will you do with the little sister stone? How exciting to have two beauties though. Enjoy!

@PierreBear
@diamondseeker2006

I normally wear this pendant that was created with the "Weak Sisters" (leftover FIY diamonds from the parcel that I bought to create my bracelet) a la @Wink. He coined that term, so I used "Little Sister" for my 2.21 CBI. .
I am open to any ideas that you have. Prefer bracelets and rings so that I can enjoy seeing what I am wearing. sm IMG_7766.jpg sm IMG_7822.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, CF
WOW!!! an amazing pair of rings. They just don't get any better than this..:love::love::clap:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just perfect, Cflutist! Hope you enjoy your cruise. Will you be taking your pretties with you? I would have a hard time leaving them.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just perfect, Cflutist! Hope you enjoy your cruise. Will you be taking your pretties with you? I would have a hard time leaving them.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am open to any ideas that you have.

A ring in white and yellow would fit the two bracellets as you are wearing them together - it is almost too obvious ...

I would have set the two rounds in the same ring - the slight size difference makes the pair interesting & the precise match of the cut puts them OTT !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results