shape
carat
color
clarity

My Custom AVC project is about to begin!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS - I know, oddly the 2.3 was just too much for me and I couldn't handle it, LOL! So silly, but it's the truth. Funny, I considered doing my 3 stone with ruby sides. I love, love, love rubies but I think I'll save the ruby for another project and set it in yellow gold. I've been having a heck of a time choosing a 3 stone setting. I think I may do the Vatche 3 stone trellis (or X prong is what they call it) unless I find something else. Have you chosen a setting? Do share as I need more leads for a setting!!!

Lainey - Your enthusiasm and excitement is so contagious ;-) (I know I've said that before!). I'm actually really happy to be going through this process with you. You're like my custom AVC sister, Lol!! Isn't Jonathan the best? He's such a sweetie and so patient and kind.

Skhii - It's exactly what DS said about how the price is determined. Are you considering a custom cut? I think there are some new AVC's in the inventory. And always ask Jonathan if anything is coming up the pipelines.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1460155209|4017114 said:
DS - I know, oddly the 2.3 was just too much for me and I couldn't handle it, LOL! So silly, but it's the truth. Funny, I considered doing my 3 stone with ruby sides. I love, love, love rubies but I think I'll save the ruby for another project and set it in yellow gold. I've been having a heck of a time choosing a 3 stone setting. I think I may do the Vatche 3 stone trellis (or X prong is what they call it) unless I find something else. Have you chosen a setting? Do share as I need more leads for a setting!!!

Lainey - Your enthusiasm and excitement is so contagious ;-) (I know I've said that before!). I'm actually really happy to be going through this process with you. You're like my custom AVC sister, Lol!! Isn't Jonathan the best? He's such a sweetie and so patient and kind.

Skhii - It's exactly what DS said about how the price is determined. Are you considering a custom cut? I think there are some new AVC's in the inventory. And always ask Jonathan if anything is coming up the pipelines.

JDDN, I am sorry for the delay! I was looking for the thread to see if there were any updates and realized I didn't see your question.

I really love Victor's Lily three stone setting. I might add two prongs on the side stones, but I really think that is an elegant ring.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-lily-round-trilogy

Any updates ladies on your stones being cut???

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I have been quiet as of late! I have been busy - we just brought my daughter home for a few weeks from college, yay! So this past weekend was spent moving her out of her dorm and into her summer apartment :). What a lot of work. Lesson learned - we are hiring some eager and entrepreneurial young students to do that work for the move again this coming fall!!! :hand:

Diamond Update: So my diamond is finished!!!! :appl: ....but I have yet to see any pics because I think Jonathan is wanting to make me straight up looney with anticipation!! LOL It was sent off to AGS for grading the week before last and Jon sent a note today letting me know that I will have the results TOMORROW!!! You all will be the first to know :dance: . I don't know if Jonathan took pics before sending it off to AGS, but hopefully I will have some pics within a day or two for all of us!!!

JDDN, I am thrilled and honored to be your "custom AVC sister!" I thought that was such a sweet thing to say!!! :wavey: :wavey:

DS, that is a really pretty VC ring. JDDN, it is really hard to choose and commit to a ring; this is a fun problem to have! I'd love to see more ideas!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O M G! How can you sleep waiting for the results? :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just about to ask you about the AVC on the thread with your new AVR pendant and checked and you had replied here! How very exciting! I can't wait to see it!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh!!! I don't know how I missed the last couple of posts! I've been out of town, so I wasn't checking PS as regularly......

DS - I cannot for the life of me find 40 pointers (ideally AGS000) so my 3 stone has been on hold for months. It's frustrating. But as far as settings....I do love VC's Lily. There is something about his settings that really appeal to me. Not sure if he'd set my center stone though since it's a BGD....But the Vatche trellis is really growing on me. I have always loved the swoops of a 3 stone trellis ::) .

Lainey....my custom AVC sister.....OMG how are you so calm right now?!?!??! AHHHHH!!! I am DYING to hear about your AVC and hear the stats and see pictures!!!! I will be checking this thread many times today to see if you've come back to update us. :dance: Did Jonathan at least give you his best guess on the stats, carat, awesomeness????

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1462288101|4026557 said:
Ahhhh!!! I don't know how I missed the last couple of posts! I've been out of town, so I wasn't checking PS as regularly......

DS - I cannot for the life of me find 40 pointers (ideally AGS000) so my 3 stone has been on hold for months. It's frustrating. But as far as settings....I do love VC's Lily. There is something about his settings that really appeal to me. Not sure if he'd set my center stone though since it's a BGD....But the Vatche trellis is really growing on me. I have always loved the swoops of a 3 stone trellis ::) .

Lainey....my custom AVC sister.....OMG how are you so calm right now?!?!??! AHHHHH!!! I am DYING to hear about your AVC and hear the stats and see pictures!!!! I will be checking this thread many times today to see if you've come back to update us. :dance: Did Jonathan at least give you his best guess on the stats, carat, awesomeness????

My understanding is that Victor gives priority to people who buy stones from him, but if he has time, he will take setting orders with diamonds bought from other vendors. You might ask him if he could source your side stones and that might move you up in priority a bit!

I also would do .40 sides for that setting with our size center stones. What color do you need? I am still looking at rubies, but they are higher than diamonds. Ugh. So I may have to do all diamonds.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006 said:
JDDN|1462288101|4026557 said:

My understanding is that Victor gives priority to people who buy stones from him, but if he has time, he will take setting orders with diamonds bought from other vendors. You might ask him if he could source your side stones and that might move you up in priority a bit!

I also would do .40 sides for that setting with our size center stones. What color do you need? I am still looking at rubies, but they are higher than diamonds. Ugh. So I may have to do all diamonds.

Ok, good to know about the possibility of setting outside stones. I need/want AGS F sides. My center is an AGS E (was an F by GIA!). I don't want the sides to look whiter than the center stone, so I was thinking one color grade lower would work. I would have zero idea about how to find rubies. Are they much higher priced than diamonds?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been following this thread... this is so exciting!! I can't wait to see the end result!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
loving everything about this thread! excited for the end result!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
...Waiting with baited breath!!! This is so exciting!!! :appl:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Looking forward to the big reveal! :naughty: Very excited for you!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
So hey everyone, what a day....if life doesn't teach you anything, it teaches you patience and how to take deep breaths! :eh:

So I was waiting for the big reveal and the good news was that the diamond was 2.5 carats :appl: however, as I had stated earlier (I think) it had a 70% chance of being an H or I and a 30% chance of being a K, at which point Jon was going to keep it and I would start my search over. Feeling like a luck girl, I thought I would go with my odds as that 2.5 carat was too much to resist! Well to both mine and Jonathan's dismay today, the AGS grade came back and it was an L!!!! :wall:

Can I admit that I dropped a picture frame on my wrist right about the same time as I got the news? I can't tell you which made me shed a few tears, but I am embarrassed to admit that while my wrist really did hurt, I think my tears also came from the news :shifty:

Anyway, Jon feels awful and is vigorously back on the hunt for me. He says this is the first time Yoram has ever been this off and I guess this is a good thing to share because if you go down this Custom Cutting road, this is a very real potential. Especially important if you are on a timeline, which I am not, other than losing my mind by not having my e-ring on my finger. I haven't quite figured out why it drives me so nutty, but I love wearing my ring, and I have been without it since February. It makes me sad.

:(( So I am sorry for the big let down everyone. I will keep you posted as now Jon is providing new options for me.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Lainey!!! I'm sure you are SO disappointed. I know the anticipation is brutal. I have been without my engagement ring since July of 2015!!! It's insanely annoying and I miss wearing it dearly, so I can definitely empathize with you on that front.

Gosh, is Yoram looking for another piece of rough for you? I know he hasn't found anything for me yet....seems like ages, LOL. I sincerely hope he finds something ASAP and you get your dream AVC. This may sound odd but I feel emotionally invested in your AVC hunt. I'm truly sorry to hear about the color. Please keep us updated. Hugs to you!!!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
JDDN|1462326809|4026880 said:
Oh no Lainey!!! I'm sure you are SO disappointed. I know the anticipation is brutal. I have been without my engagement ring since July of 2015!!! It's insanely annoying and I miss wearing it dearly, so I can definitely empathize with you on that front.

Gosh, is Yoram looking for another piece of rough for you? I know he hasn't found anything for me yet....seems like ages, LOL. I sincerely hope he finds something ASAP and you get your dream AVC. This may sound odd but I feel emotionally invested in your AVC hunt. I'm truly sorry to hear about the color. Please keep us updated. Hugs to you!!!

Thanks for your kind words and virtual hugs JDDN! I felt bad letting everyone down today and wanted everyone's support at the same time. Yes, Yoram is now looking again and I guess Jon has another source as well from which he is drawing upon. He's told me about another that is very high in color (like F) but is an SI+ and 2.2'ish in carat size. But I don't know....I don't really feel like I "need" an F. I want it to be in the VS range for my heart and mind and now I am kind of hung up on getting myself closer to that 2.5 carat that I felt so INSANELY lucky to have been so close to getting!! So I don't know...

I remain hopeful and optimistic, but it has been a little bit of a bummer today :((

I am so sorry you have been without your ring for so LONG JDDN! Do you know why they are having such a challenging time finding a stone for you? What do you wear now, in the interim? I am wearing my diamond eternity band and sometimes I pair it with a silver tiffany band (about 4mm in width) to add some substance to my ring finger, but I miss having some real sparkle on my hand.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your news. Maybe the next one he finds for you will be even better than you dared to hope! I have my fingers crossed for you!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
foxinsox|1462259527|4026450 said:
O M G! How can you sleep waiting for the results? :bigsmile:

Funny you should say Foxinsox, because I really didn't sleep well last night!! LOL

Oh well! :wall:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
poshmommy|1462329746|4026906 said:
I am so sorry for your news. Maybe the next one he finds for you will be even better than you dared to hope! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Poshmommy!

I so hope you are right! It is going to be an AVC after all, so we can't be too far off the mark right???!!! Thanks for you kind words and positive thoughts!

Lainey

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Blingalingaling said:
...Waiting with baited breath!!! This is so exciting!!! :appl:

lorrissey said:
loving everything about this thread! excited for the end result!

Skhii said:
Looking forward to the big reveal! :naughty: Very excited for you!

msop04|1462296926|4026606 said:
I've been following this thread... this is so exciting!! I can't wait to see the end result!

Blingalingaling, Lorrissey, Skhii, and Msop - thank you all for all your excitement! I felt so bad sharing my news tonight. I love all your support and checking in to see how this project is going, I guess I am just going to keep you all on the hook a bit longer :blackeye:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! The last one was a couple of grades higher than projected, so this is pretty unexpected! I am so sorry!

I agree with you, I would not want F color or SI clarity in an AVC.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1462291130|4026576 said:
Ok, good to know about the possibility of setting outside stones. I need/want AGS F sides. My center is an AGS E (was an F by GIA!). I don't want the sides to look whiter than the center stone, so I was thinking one color grade lower would work. I would have zero idea about how to find rubies. Are they much higher priced than diamonds?

One color grade lower is totally fine! Smaller stones tend to look whiter anyway. Very interesting, but my diamond was also originally graded GIA H and then AGS G! Really fine rubies can be higher than many diamonds. I was looking at G-H diamonds and the good rubies were definitely higher. In fact, the nicest pair I found that were a little large at 5.9mm were $13k on sale!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod said:
JDDN|1462326809|4026880 said:

Thanks for your kind words and virtual hugs JDDN! I felt bad letting everyone down today and wanted everyone's support at the same time. Yes, Yoram is now looking again and I guess Jon has another source as well from which he is drawing upon. He's told me about another that is very high in color (like F) but is an SI+ and 2.2'ish in carat size. But I don't know....I don't really feel like I "need" an F. I want it to be in the VS range for my heart and mind and now I am kind of hung up on getting myself closer to that 2.5 carat that I felt so INSANELY lucky to have been so close to getting!! So I don't know...

I remain hopeful and optimistic, but it has been a little bit of a bummer today :((

I am so sorry you have been without your ring for so LONG JDDN! Do you know why they are having such a challenging time finding a stone for you? What do you wear now, in the interim? I am wearing my diamond eternity band and sometimes I pair it with a silver tiffany band (about 4mm in width) to add some substance to my ring finger, but I miss having some real sparkle on my hand.

The last thing you should feel is bad for letting us down!! We are all just super excited for you and it's fun to share in your joy. I completely understand what a bummer today was, but tomorrow is another day and I have no doubt Jon will do you right ::) . I am in the exact same boat as you....I don't need an F and I would be more than happy to go down in color to gain the size :naughty: . And I'm also VS gal.....so we have a lot in common!

I've been without a ring since July because that is when I sent my round brilliant to be recut. The recut took longer than anticipated, but it turned out amazing. Now I'm having a heck of a time finding side stones to set it into the 3 stone. Along the way, I just couldn't let go my AVC obsession and that brings me to where I am today. Most days I wear a plain 2mm platinum band. Kind of boring and not blingy at all! I have a channel set eternity band too and sometimes I wear that when I'm feeling like I need to change things up. I don't like stacking them because I feel my fingers are too short, lol. I miss having some real sparkle on my hand too! I get ring envy when I see other women with their e-rings, lol.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1462335750|4026951 said:
JDDN|1462291130|4026576 said:

One color grade lower is totally fine! Smaller stones tend to look whiter anyway. Very interesting, but my diamond was also originally graded GIA H and then AGS G! Really fine rubies can be higher than many diamonds. I was looking at G-H diamonds and the good rubies were definitely higher. In fact, the nicest pair I found that were a little large at 5.9mm were $13k on sale!

Oh my, $13K on sale for a pair of 5.9mm rubies!! Well, I don't know about you, but I'm having such a hard time finding side stones.....who knows when this 3 stone will ever be a reality! It's literally been SO long since I've had an e-ring......

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lainey
Sorry to hear about the L color... ::) What clarity grade is the stone? Triple 0 ?

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Aw, so sorry to hear about your disappointment. I am sure Jon and Yoram won't stop until they find a rough that matches your specifications. Don't worry about disappointing us; we're all here to share the journey and provide support! ^^

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, Lainey!! I've only been following your thread for 24 hours (just saw it for the first time yesterday) and I'm feeling the let-down, so I can only imagine how you must feel! I'm so sorry for your disappointment! But don't worry, Jon will find you the stone of your dreams; I'm sure he will! Don't worry about us! We will continue to follow you along on your journey! I hope you'll get some good news soon - something will turn up - maybe even better than the last one might have been! :pray:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1462336840|4026960 said:
Lainey
Sorry to hear about the L color... ::) What clarity grade is the stone? Triple 0 ?

Hi Dancing Fire,

Yes, it is actually listed on GOG's website today and it is sooooo clean!!! It aches my heart! It is Triple OOO and VVS2 which is to die for in my world as I am upgrading from an SI2 Modified Brilliant Cushion that was beautiful but made me bonkers as I (and only I could see the flaw), so to go up to a VVS2 would have been just a dream!

Aggghhhh, that letter "L" is just eating at me! Oiy Vay! :wall:

I will remain positive!
I will remain positive!
I will remain positive!
:appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lainey.....I have a confession to make.....I hope you don't mind.....buuuut.....I'm having Jonathan send me the AVC!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

I am like you and wanted something warmish, but still whitish if that even makes sense, so I'm kind of freaking out about the L too, but I saw a video and it's stunning, so I just have to see it in person. Wow, if that isn't a run-on sentence, phew!!

I feel strangely guilty as if I'm stealing away your stone!! Does that make sense?? I feel a little crazy about it truth be told! I hope you aren't mad. I feel like I'm benefiting from your disappointment, which isn't really the feeling I wanted to have. Maybe I'm just being overly emotional about it, I don't know.....

I'll let you know about it when I see it.....I hope the color doesn't bother me........AHHHH!!!!!!!!

Edit to say....if you change your mind Lainey, the stone is yours!!!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
JDDN|1462404442|4027371 said:
Hi Lainey.....I have a confession to make.....I hope you don't mind.....buuuut.....I'm having Jonathan send me the AVC!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

I am like you and wanted something warmish, but still whitish if that even makes sense, so I'm kind of freaking out about the L too, but I saw a video and it's stunning, so I just have to see it in person. Wow, if that isn't a run-on sentence, phew!!

I feel strangely guilty as if I'm stealing away your stone!! Does that make sense?? I feel a little crazy about it truth be told! I hope you aren't mad. I feel like I'm benefiting from your disappointment, which isn't really the feeling I wanted to have. Maybe I'm just being overly emotional about it, I don't know.....

I'll let you know about it when I see it.....I hope the color doesn't bother me........AHHHH!!!!!!!!

AHHHH!!! No, I actually knew this because, remember, Jon said he had another customer and I thought it might be you :appl: It is such a perfect diamond in every way!!! I hope you do love it and then you won't have to be without your e-Ring any longer!!!! You have been without for WAY TOO LONG!!!! This makes me happier actually! There is a video of the stone? I want to see it and am not sure I am ready to! How weird is that? LOL I am very excited to hear your thoughts and I'd love to see pics of the stone when you get it. :love:

Aweee, JDDN, the diamond is yours if you want it! I had my chance and now it is yours to try on for size. I hope you love it!! You're the best AVC sister ever!! LOL

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod said:
JDDN|1462404442|4027371 said:

AHHHH!!! No, I actually knew this because, remember, Jon said he had another customer and I thought it might be you :appl: It is such a perfect diamond in every way!!! I hope you do love it and then you won't have to be without your e-Ring any longer!!!! You have been without for WAY TOO LONG!!!! This makes me happier actually! There is a video of the stone? I want to see it and am not sure I am ready to! How weird is that? LOL I am very excited to hear your thoughts and I'd love to see pics of the stone when you get it. :love:

Aweee, JDDN, the diamond is yours if you want it! I had my chance and now it is yours to try on for size. I hope you love it!! You're the best AVC sister ever!! LOL

Oh my goodness, you are too sweet Lainey my AVC sister!!!! I seriously feel bad because it was supposed to be your AVC. And I am dead serious....if you decide you want it, it is yours (I'm completely serious)!! Jonathan had asked me my thoughts on a K since my custom AVC request for color was in the range of H, I, or J. Having never seen anything lower than an I, I told him I was pretty iffy on a K and that I'd probably hold out for something just a tad whiter. I do like a hint of warmth in the AVC stones, so I was hoping for around an I or J (so I could get some size!). Well he reached out to me and sent me a video of your stone and I just couldn't not see it in person, LOL!! You know.....it may be just perfect for me, and it very well may be too warm. I guess I'll know more tomorrow!!! I can't believe it's going to be here since I didn't have any expectations of having my own AVC for at least another couple of months!!

Let me know if you want to see the video of it. And NO, it's not weird to want to see it and not want to see it at the same time, LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results