shape
carat
color
clarity

My Custom AVC project is about to begin!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two weeks???!!!! Oh my gosh, that is very exciting! :appl: :appl: :appl: I think things are working out for the best! ;))

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Aca - Thank you so much! You are so sweet!

LLJsmom - Thank you for your kind words! I loved the diamond before sending her off last month, but now having been able to "wear" her for even just a day was AMAZING and I am just head-over-heals for this diamond!

JDDN, MSOP, and Diamondseeker - Thank you sooooo much! I am so excited to see my AVC finally set and this project complete! I am thrilled that it is possibly only going to be 2 weeks, but reserving full excitement in the event that there could be any more delays! :wall: Although I think I am over that hump! I think back to when I started upon this path back in February and gave up my original diamond to Jonathan for consignment/placed my order for my custom cut....I will confess, in my naivety, I had 3-4 weeks or so in my mind! ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahaha I soon realized it would be more like 2 months and I was simply mistaken and then the path has just weaved and wound around and here we are in June! Omg, I would never have imagined, but I think it will be worth every minute once complete :love: :love: :love:

Fightgravity - Thank you for your complements! Sorry, I was a little cryptic in my message above! LOL Essentially, I had sent off my diamond and ring to the designer/manufacturer of my ring back in May and I called them weekly and was assured weekly that they were working on my prong revision. However, when my primary contact was gone to Vegas for the big jewelry show, a new person I spoke with actually revealed that my ring hadn't been touched over the last month! When my contact returned after the show and I had thrown a "holy-poo-fit," he immediately began the CAD process. Unfortunately those CADs were super unimpressive and I just had a really bad feeling, not just about the process obviously, but I was then questioning their capabilities overall. In all fairness, I never let them get any further than the CAD and the initial cast piece, but I didn't want to pay for something to learn that it wasn't right, only then to have to start over :shock: :doh: .

After reaching out to multiple vendors and realizing that the prongs on my current setting really could not be revised the way I was envisioning - from a cost/practicality perspective, I decided I will eventually just put something else like a colored stone in that setting one day (Hello? New project!! :dance:). Anyhoo....I am SUPER excited, to share the current plan is that I am now working with Steven Kirsch on an entirely new setting! I am saving the details as a surprise (I love surprises) for my big reveal, but I have been working with Steven and wonderful woman named Sandra at his shop and they have been extraordinarily professional and responsive and I am more than excited for a positive and beautiful outcome! :dance: :love: :dance: :love: :dance:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are using SK, also! Can't wait to see the final result! :appl:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Oh, your Steven Kirsch ring is going to be gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out! :naughty: Thanks for sharing more photos of your diamond. I never get tired of looking at it. :)

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Thanks M-2-b and Skhii! I am sitting on pins and needles this week just trying to be patient :angel:, but even before I realized I would have to get a new setting (thank god my hubby is so understanding and beyond sweet to me!) I had fallen for SK's style, with his beautiful delicate prongs and pave'd details on his rings (hint hint ;-) ). He was the perfect choice!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
First of all, to all my American friends on this site, Happy 4th of July! And to all of us around the world, may we all remain safe and cherish the freedoms we cling to enjoy during these oft’ tenuous times.

I am so excited to finally announce that my diamond and setting are finally together and after all these weeks and months I have IMO the most perfect-for-me engagement ring on my finger! I of course have my amazing husband to thank for making this beautiful ring happen - this is my early 50th birthday present! My birthday isn’t until September, but my hubby is BEYOND sweet, and it is on my finger now!

So you don’t have to go back for the main specs of the stone, it is a dream AVC!

2.502 carats
Triple 000 AGS Ideal
VVS2
Color L
1.06 Ratio
8.24 x 7.93 x 5.35 mm

My setting, as mentioned, is by Steven Kirsch! He made this for me from work order to delivery in 15 days which I think is unbelievable! During the month I was waiting on Varna to revise my old setting, I happened upon Steven’s website and absolutely fell in love with his rose gold Casablanca setting with the petal basket! Once I realized I was going to need a new setting all together, there was no question…the Casablanca was the ring for me! Steven modified it to accommodate my 2.5 carat stone, raised it up, so when I add a matching almost full, round eternity band (which we just commissioned him for on Saturday!) it won’t rub the basket or donut and it will sit flush, SK added the pave’ himself to the donut as a surprise to me :), he lined the basket and under halo in platinum, he was supposed to make the prongs in platinum, but I don’t know if he forgot or didn’t for a design reason (need to ask him), but I am so madly in love with my new delicate double claw prongs and the whole look, I don’t know that I would want to ask him to change it if he could. I don’t feel like they reflect into the stone negatively and I do like that the rose gold is streamlined all the way up the sides.

So without further delay!
(Sorry in advance for the iPhone-only pics)

img_12079.jpg

img_12080.jpg

img_12081.jpg

img_12083.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few more :appl:

img_12084.jpg

img_12085.jpg

img_12086.jpg

fullsizerender_24.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, congratulations! What a gorgeous, unique setting! Perfect for your stone and the ring looks perfect on your hand!

How exciting for you - sweet hubby and gorgeous new ring! Happy 4th of July - enjoy your own personal fireworks!!

So clever how he made the donut so that it won't interfere with your new band - love it!

Now that the ring is here, you need to do a brand new SMTB thread to show this ring off!!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
last few (makes me crazy when they upload sideways at whimsy)

img_12087.jpg

img_12089.jpg

img_12090.jpg

img_12088.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty, delicate and feminine!!!!! I love it!!! Congrats on the perfect stone and setting!!! :love: :appl:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just finished reading through the entire thread! Wonderful and emotional journey! :clap: The ring and diamond are spectacular! I almost sprung for a L vvs2 AVC when I was looking for a diamond to replace my lost one...but ended up with the AVR. I still wonder sometimes if I shouldn't have just taken the leap, and after seeing your diamond, I still want an AVC!! Of course, it wasn't a 2.5, so I think I will just have to think about upgrading to a larger and lower cut AVC in the future! :Up_to_something:

The setting is perfect for the ring. Glad you went with SK!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that setting is just....absolute perfection! :love: :love: Seriously drooling at my keyboard right now. It's the perfect setting for your GORGEOUS stone. I'm so happy that everything worked out for you--you deserve it! I hope you wear it with much happiness! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: :love: (Yay for Varna messing up! :lol: ) I want one just like it! :bigsmile:

NOW...please post a thread on Show Me the Bling and post lots of pics! Most people won't see it here!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

...not much else to add. This is PERFECTION. Love the combo of L colour and gold!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :clap:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks - Thank you so much! Steven did an amazing job and even my current platinum ring sits flush but doesn't rub on any of the pave' :love: I am looking forward to the wedding band he will make as the diamonds will be a bit bigger than my current band :appl: and will sit beautifully. He's quite the master at what he does.

AC117 - Thanks for your kind words! I can't stop staring at it :love:

Yimmers - I am so happy I considered the lower color diamond because I am absolutely thrilled with it!!! I do consider myself very color sensitive, so I do see it here and there, but I have just fallen in love with its warmth. Being able to sport a 2.5 carat has possibly made me a touch colorblind for all I know!!! LOL I hope you get to fulfill your dream of owning one of each and having both an AVR and an AVC one day SOON!!!! :appl:

Lovedogs - I love your name BTW, as I do too! Thank you for your sweet complements and warm wishes!

Diamondseeker - Thank you so much! You are so right, all things work out for a reason and this ring was meant to be! The other night, my husband, who really is not a blingy kind of guy and didn't want me to go over 2 carats originally (yikes LOL), said as he was looking at my hand (finished ring) that it was the most beautiful, exquisite ring and diamond he thinks he's ever seen. :pray: :love: :appl: :love: Good job Jonathan/GOG and Steven Kirsch! I am so appreciative!

Fulvia - Thank you! Once I realized I couldn't use my old setting, I decided I could fully embrace my L colored stone and I just fell in love with the Casablanca rose gold setting! It is so romantic and when I do notice the warmth of the stone, it is along with the rose gold and it is just gorgeous!

Caf - Thank you!!! :love: :love: :love:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! The stone and ring are both fantastic!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
For those familiar with GOG policies regarding custom cut diamonds, do they also come with the lifetime 75% purchase price (minus shipping fees) buy-back and 100% purchase price trade-up to an in-house diamond of equal or greater cost?

And can you upgrade from a custom-cut diamond to another custom cut diamond? Thanks all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skhii|1468013389|4053327 said:
For those familiar with GOG policies regarding custom cut diamonds, do they also come with the lifetime 75% purchase price (minus shipping fees) buy-back and 100% purchase price trade-up to an in-house diamond of equal or greater cost?

And can you upgrade from a custom-cut diamond to another custom cut diamond? Thanks all!

That is an awesome question! I don't know the answer regarding custom cut, but I do know if you opt out of those policies, diamonds will cost less. I have had Jon call in a stone for me before, and I opted not to have those policies to make the price lower.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1468032126|4053417 said:

That is an awesome question! I don't know the answer regarding custom cut, but I do know if you opt out of those policies, diamonds will cost less. I have had Jon call in a stone for me before, and I opted not to have those policies to make the price lower.

Wow DS, that was BRILLIANT!! I never would have thought of that! Skhii, yes, I am virtually 100% positive about the normal buy-back and trade-up policy applying to the custom cut and I am not sure how it would work with another custom cut, but I would imagine it would work the same way. Jon or any of his team are only an email away with that question :wavey: If I remember, aren't you in Australia? So calling is kind of rough, but if you need help, let me know and I can try to find out for you.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I think you can... :read:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
DiamondSeeker2006, thanks for sharing your experience! Did you have to ask if there is a discount for having no policies attached, or did Jon offer without prompting? Do you know what would happen if you changed your mind in the future?

LaineyRod, you are absolutely the sweetest person! Thank you for offering, but if it's only for my sake, you needn't go out of your way to find out. :)

Jon, I'm guessing that the answer is complicated...?

Dancing Fire, thanks for your input! Any chance of upgrading your Octavia for another custom-cut one? :naughty:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Skhii|1469063681|4057783 said:
DiamondSeeker2006, thanks for sharing your experience! Did you have to ask if there is a discount for having no policies attached, or did Jon offer without prompting? Do you know what would happen if you changed your mind in the future?

LaineyRod, you are absolutely the sweetest person! Thank you for offering, but if it's only for my sake, you needn't go out of your way to find out. :)

Jon, I'm guessing that the answer is complicated...?

Dancing Fire, thanks for your input! Any chance of upgrading your Octavia for another custom-cut one? :naughty:

Hi Skhii,

Just had a chance to follow up and apologies as I missed your first question. To expound ... custom cut diamonds are taken on a diamond for diamond basis actually and at our discretion. For example if someone wants something cut that is unusual to the stocking conditions of GOG it is something we may not offer a trade up on but consignment. Ie. Normal stock items generally consist of D-M/N colors and from .25ct upwards of 3ct so Lainey's diamond does have Lifetime Tradeup. At the current moment August Vintage Inc. and GOG are making moves to make tradeup a heckuva lot more robust and beneficial for their clients. When that happens we'll outline it on the site. Thanks for asking.

Kind regards,
Rhino

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out so beautiful! Just lovely!!! Congrats on such a beautiful stone/setting!!!

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
This is devine! Thank you for sharing!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1469200003|4058329 said:
That turned out so beautiful! Just lovely!!! Congrats on such a beautiful stone/setting!!!

Thank you Tyty333, I am so happy with both the diamond and the setting!! :love:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
totallyfree|1474868503|4080783 said:
This is devine! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you Totallyfree! I have been slow to respond as of late and not on the boards too much as PS is such a TEMPTATION and we are trying so hard to focus on some other financial goals at the moment!! LOL So I miss everyone and am in the "occasional guarded lurking" mode at the moment!!! :wall:

Keep the bling going! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results