shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Crowning Glory - a collaborative bespoke FCD ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to preface this thread with a big thank you to the many PSers who've helped, listened, encouraged and followed along. There are too many to name and if I start listing individual names, I fear I might inadvertently miss someone. You know who you are. ;)) All your support means a lot to me in this project and here is the fruit of our combined labour of love.

The jeweller is new to me but not new to the Seattle, WA; Joseph Jewellers.

img_5715.jpg

Reactions: LD

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for my pitiful pictures but I tried my best. These were taken right in the Fedex office.

img_5716.jpg

img_5717.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is made up of a small white diamond passed down from my mother (gift from my father during their college days), a pair of blush pinks, a purplish pink and an orange yellow diamond.

cj1.jpg

cj2.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo! Lovely! :love: :love: :cheeky: :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, iLander. You are an early bird.

More pictures coming up. A close up and profile view.

...strange that the pictures look crisp and sharp on my monitor but fuzzy and blurry once posted...

cj_close_1.jpg

cj_profile.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Chrono,

Your ring is lovely, so delicate, but makes a statement as well. Wear it in good health.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Annette.

The picture-fest continues. The ring is extremely comfortable to wear, in spite of its large size. It sits very low on the finger so there is little to no spinning and it doesn't catch on anything at all. It is also very smooth between the fingers.

cj_profile_low.png

cj_loves_the_sun.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

It's finally here!

It's wonderful, Chrono. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the crown shape. It's so interesting to look at. When you wear it with the pink at the bottom, I see many different things in the shape: it still looks crown-ish, it kind of looks like a heart, or maybe two swans looking at each other.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Chrono! Really stunning! I love how the diamond is in there from your dad to your mom! Very cool looking ring that has been in planning mode for so long. Great to see it finished, finally!! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
What a gorgeous work of art they made, and those fancy colored diamonds pop in the setting. I'm so glad that all these months of work involved in designing the piece came to such magnificent fruition. Enjoy it!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous outcome Chrono!!
I followed your thread in CS and I must say I admire your patience.

You have made excellent design choices and the ring looks great on your hand! A true dream ring. It's so special that your mum's and dad's diamond is integrated in the ring. I hope you will post a lot more pics. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maccers,
Thank you so much. Initially, I was set on wearing only crown up but as you said, when I turned it around, I thought it looks rather interesting too. It's not only a multi-stone ring, but a dual design ring. :cheeky:

ILG,
Very glad to read your kind comments. Although that diamond is the smallest of all, it has one of the strongest meanings for me. I knew I could never appreciate it in its original buttercup pendant setting so I hoped to make it wearable this way.

TL,
Can you believe that this ring is the gaudiest I own thus far? Yes, it feels gaudier to me than my other large halo rings. :lol:

Acinom,
I appreciate your following my setting saga, through all its painful moments. You have an envious collection yourself, so such praise coming from you, is high indeed.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm starting to like wearing it this way too.
Lots of different metal colours used; platinum, 18K rose gold and 18K yellow gold.

cj_reverse.jpg

cj_angled.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last picture for today, in the crown up orientation. I did not cover my iPhone in white as I said I would earlier but these FCDs are surprisingly photogenic. I will attempt an artistic ring picture or two tomorrow.

cj_crown_up.png

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring! Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous and such a beautiful design. I would pop into your CS thread on occasion so happy to see it come to fruition. Congrats!

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE this ring...really really love it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I've been waiting to see the final result of this project and it hasn't disappointed! :love: It's absolutely gorgeous...organic, but elegant and the colors compliment one another beautifully!! Well done!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono!!! You finally have your ring in your hands. And it was so worth the effort. Just wish I knew enough to help. Anyhow, its fantastic. Will look forward to those pics :appl:

I like it facing up and down :praise:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono I love how this turned out! So many hours of working on it and such effort have finally paid off! It is a beauty to behold. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see the finished article, very unique and personal, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats chrono! It has been an amazing journey that you have been on and also the helpers out there!
Woo hoo!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely! It sort of reminds me of a family crest and who doesn't want a big yellow pear and some pretty pink diamonds in
their family crest???

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Chrono! This is FANTASTIC!!! It looks even better than I imagined!

(I too thing it looks great whichever way it is pointed - normally I have a strong preference for one or the other but on this one I don't.)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a masterpiece!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I love this ring. It is so cool!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
quite well done, Chrono!
:appl: :love:
looks lovely on your finger as well.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
This is a really beautiful ring and its looks fabulous on you!! Love the colours.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I've been waiting for this! so gorgeous, Chrono, and I have to say that I personally like it with the yellow on top!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results