shape
carat
color
clarity

My chunky vintage pear dangles from Lang Antiques

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I wasn't going to start a thread on these because let's face it I am the world's (or at least Pricescope's) worst photographer but I decided to just go ahead. Not great pics but maybe still enjoyable to see. I hope.

These earrings are from the first decade of the twentieth century and are a close enough for me matched pair of old mine-cut pear-shape diamonds just under one carat. One inch long and are 18K yellow gold and platinum.

The ear wires are way too long and the bend is also not in the right place for me. I want them to dangle right below my earlobes. I will take care of that after the holidays however as it is too busy now to get a bench jeweler to fix them in a timely manner. Lang said they would cover the cost so that is very generous of them. The other option is to send it back to them but I think I would prefer showing in person where I want the bend to be in the ear wires. Snipping the excess length is easy but where I want that bend in the ear wire to be is trickier I think.

OK onto pics.

oohwhatsthismommy.jpg

cmonopenit.jpg

heywhatareyouwaitingforopenthepackagealreadyplease.jpg

formemommy.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK please bear with me. For some reason it is very slow going re uploading pics on PS for me this morning. _35654.jpg

langpearsmessymorningbedhair.jpg

francescasnewearringsnotlol.jpg

_35655.jpg

_35656.jpg

antiquepeardangles.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, Missy, they are STUNNING! :love: :love:

They look super beautiful on you too! Looking forward to seeing how they look once you've had the wire altered. And your cats.... Gorgeous little faces!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more pics. Cannot get them all right side up sorry. The lighting differs in some of the pics and that is the reason or the differences in color. The wires are 18K yellow gold but honestly the earrings do face up more whitish when wearing them. I had initially wanted all plat but I fell in love with these earrings and now I am glad I got them. I will include a pic where you can see the bend in the wire is wrong plus the wires are way too long for me.

Alex, thank you! I apologize for the messy bed head LOL. From one curly haired girl to another I know you understand. I figured the beauty of the earrings would make the messy hair unimportant. :cheeky:

chunkypearantiquedangles.jpg

chunkygoodness.jpg

pearvintageearrings.jpg

_35657.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last set of pics. Sorry for any repeats. Second pic shows where the bend is all wrong in the ear wire and how the ear wires are way too long. I have to resist rebending it myself because it is really annoying me lol.

langearringsonear.jpg

bendallwrongandearwirestoolong.jpg

_35658.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to share the pics from Lang as they are much better than mine. And one pic on Nicole the lovely Lang customer rep who patiently helped me. They look more asymmetric in the pics than IRL. I just love the chunky beauty of these diamonds and I love the earrings. Once I get the ear wires fixed I think these will become one of my favorite pairs (and pears haha). :bigsmile:

img_10125.jpg

img_10126.jpg

img_10127.jpg

langearrings.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also just wanted to add that Lang's customer service (and I dealt exclusively with Nicole) is excellent. She was patient and sent me extra pics and they also have free 2 day Fed Ex shipping and free return shipping which not everyone offers. Those extra touches and not nickel and diming one to death is a very welcome feature IMO. Plus their offer to cover any adjustment costs due to the ear wire issues just makes the whole experience lovely. I highly recommend them for anyone considering antique bling. They have some lovely pieces. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and fun earrings! Love the historic factor...just think of the women that wore these and what kind of life style they
must have had...very cool!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow beautiful! :love:
I suppose there are some things on the back of the ear holding the dangles secure, not pictured? (No idea how to describe this) I have had some scares with dangly earrings falling of somehow and never leave my home without knowing that I have something that makes them stay secure. :))
I think these dangles are wonderful! I think you have some other repro dangles that I have admired in another thread before too. Wonderful collection!!!
Thanks for sharing! And I like your pics!!
//aca :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls. Thanks tyty, I totally agree. There's something romantic to me about vintage pieces. They just exude old world charm, mystery and romance for me.

Thanks aca, I do have many of those rubber backings for all my french ear wires and plan on using them with this pair too. Right now since the wires are so long it is not necessary but yes I agree. I wouldn't want to lose these earrings!

Just trying to post one more pic I already posted but it posted sideways and I am trying to get it the correct side up. Hope I can figure it out. I don't think sideways pics are fun to look at. Sorry!

langpears.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, Missy! Those are so beautiful!!! :love: I look at drop earrings all the time, and these are some of the prettiest I have seen! That brings me to ask, would you mind if someone did something similar custom??? This is such a lovely design! You have great earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1450452343|3963033 said:
Oh my goodness, Missy! Those are so beautiful!!! :love: I look at drop earrings all the time, and these are some of the prettiest I have seen! That brings me to ask, would you mind if someone did something similar custom??? This is such a lovely design! You have great earrings!

Aww thank you so much diamondseeker! I really appreciate that and coming from you that compliment is extra special. And of course I would not mind at all! Thank you for asking though but just fyi. If I share it here I am absolutely ok with someone else enjoying their own pair. Truly. Thank you for checking though. (((Hugs))).

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new earrings are absolutely exquisite and your kitties are pretty adorable too!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1450452553|3963036 said:
diamondseeker2006|1450452343|3963033 said:

Aww thank you so much diamondseeker! I really appreciate that and coming from you that compliment is extra special. And of course I would not mind at all! Thank you for asking though but just fyi. If I share it here I am absolutely ok with someone else enjoying their own pair. Truly. Thank you for checking though. (((Hugs))).

Thank you! That is my feeling as well, but I always ask! {{{hugs back!}}}

I'd love to see a pic with all your antique style earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sundial. To be fair I have to share a pic with Fred because he is the only one not in this thread so far of all my kitties.
Not a good pic at all but the only one he managed to get into lol. Fred is running across the floor in the background.

DS, one day I will accommodate your request. I am not sure I have the energy today but I promise I will do that. I think I am going to scare myself with all the earrings I actually have. Too many probably but I love most of them. Some not so much because they are too heavy for my earlobes so don't get any love anymore. I still love them I cannot wear them for they are just too heavy for me.

peardangles.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welllllll helloooo gorgeous! :love:

Aren't those the love of my life--I am so jealous! But you wear them well :appl: so I am happy for you :bigsmile:

cheers--yours in earrings, Sharon :cheeky: :wavey:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are super fabulous!!!! :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1450454324|3963050 said:
HI:

Welllllll helloooo gorgeous! :love:

Aren't those the love of my life--I am so jealous! But you wear them well :appl: so I am happy for you :bigsmile:

cheers--yours in earrings, Sharon :cheeky: :wavey:

Could not have said better myself! Took the words right out of my mouth Sharon.

Looks like these are keepers Missy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the contrary! I think messy bed-head curls show off drop earrings better, especially girls like us with dark curls, as it gives more contrast & makes those dangle diamonds pop out! They look truly beautiful :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Wow Missy! Those are gorgeous earrings. I love vintage pears and these just take my breath away. Enjoy them and can't wait to see the photos after you have them altered to your liking. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: You already know I LOVE these earrings missy but it bears repeating! Absolutely fabulous, the pears are delicious and these earrings are chock full of old world charm and beauty - these are the real deal, they are amazing, and they look perfect on you!!! Very, very special and unique! :dance: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, these were meant for you. They are warm and fiery and generous, JUST LIKE YOU!!!!

They have a certain charisma that only comes from fine antique jewels. They are truly unique in every way.

I wonder what their story is prior to you? Did Nicole share anything about their provenance?

Congratulations on a stunning buy, Missy! They look luxurious and rich and just beautiful on you!! :love: :love: :love:

(Love the kitty pics, you know now that they've seen what YOU got for holiday bling THEY are going to need some Alaska salmon, preferably king salmon!)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are gorgeous! I love them!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Missy :love:
Definitely a pair that takes you from a busy business morning to fancy drinks or a luxury dinner.
Enjoy wearing these beauties and please post a lot more pics

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1450463299|3963107 said:
Gorgeous Missy :love:
Definitely a pair that takes you from a busy business morning to fancy drinks or a luxury dinner.
Enjoy wearing these beauties and please post a lot more pics

I completely agree with Acinom -- these earrings can easily be worn from day to night. They are absolutely stunning!! :love: :love: Enjoy! :))

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats, they're amazing!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful with all sorts of unique character!

Hope they bring you much enjoyment. :)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and have such romantic charm. I always wonder about the history of antique pieces myself. Enjoy wearing your lovely earrings!!

Btw, your kitties are soooo cute!! Wish there was a paw emoticon, lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1450464753|3963131 said:
They are gorgeous and have such romantic charm. I always wonder about the history of antique pieces myself. Enjoy wearing your lovely earrings!!

Btw, your kitties are soooo cute!! Wish there was a paw emoticon, lol.

Hi JDDN, thank you. There's no paw emoticon but here's the closest thing we have here.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Thanks to Junie for showing me how to do these emoties. :bigsmile:

Thank you MayK, Queenie, Yenny, Mrs. Blop, Star Sparkle and Staci! I appreciate your lovely comments!

Hi Acinom, yes I think so too. Not that I have too many fancy dinners or events to attend these days but I absolutely could wear them day or night. Thank you. You know I LOVE all your gorgeous bling and I will post more pics when I eventually get the earwires altered.

Aww Kristie, that is so lovely of you to say. And you are partly to blame for me deciding to go ahead and get these earrings. Thank you my dear friend. And back at ya.
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

And thank you for finally starting your Groovy thread! :love:

Junie! Thank you sweetie. You are such a dear.
happy%20hearts.gif

Sharon, thank you! You always say the nicest things and my earrings thank you too. :kiss:

LLJsmom, thank you! You are one of my biggest supporters. XOXO. Looking forward to seeing a thread on your gorgeous new 5 stone band after the holidays. :appl:

LouMom

Rough_Rock
Love these! Would love to see something like this available again :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results