clarity

My chunky vintage pear dangles from Lang Antiques

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
These are absolutely stunning! Wear them in good health! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them! :love: You've got such an enviable earring collection, Missy!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your earrings are gorgeous and the perfect size! Love them!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, You already know these are my favorite pair of earrings. The look like they were made for you! Just gorgeous!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are amazing!!! :love: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, those are really beautiful, :love: :love: you are building quite an earring collection--I love the pear shape, & old cut to boot, how nice! :love: Wear in good health & happiness! :wavey: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning - enjoy!!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful, love the charm and unique feel of them, they are just perfect. :) Wear in health and happiness, thank you for sharing with us!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They're fabulous :love: :appl:

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
These are so perfectly lovely!! :love: :love: They are romantic, unique and those pears are gorgeous! And they look beautiful on you - especially with your long, curly hair. Enjoy wearing!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love those! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the vintage earring love.

Loumom, kathley, pintobean, vintageinjune, thecat, latebloomer, lknvbr4, thank you!

Resonance of Life, thank you. I am a big fan of all your jewels and always enjoy seeing your pieces.

MissGotRocks, how are you? Thanks for taking a look. Hope your holidays are going well.

sarahb, hi there! Hope you and the family is well and that life is going smoothly. Thanks for the good wishes.

m2b, aww thanks. You have quite the amazing bling collection period. :love:

Callie, when you visit you can borrow any of my bling! That's one advantage you have over Kristie because her ears are not pierced. Maybe during your visit we can convince her to pierce them lol :bigsmile: ... :devil: :halo:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a find! So elegant & feminine, really beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1450528950|3963448 said:

Thank you woofmama! I know I tend to gravitate towards earrings that all have a similar feeling i.e. romantic and feminine but I just like what I like LOL. And these are my first pear shape earrings so YAY for that. It is not easy to find vintage pear shapes that match. I just love those chunky monkey pears. They get me every time.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1450529846|3963460 said:
woofmama|1450528950|3963448 said:

Thank you woofmama! I know I tend to gravitate towards earrings that all have a similar feeling i.e. romantic and feminine but I just like what I like LOL. And these are my first pear shape earrings so YAY for that. It is not easy to find vintage pear shapes that match. I just love those chunky monkey pears. They get me every time.

Missy, I'm surprised these are your first pear shaped earrings. I though for sure you would have half a dozen or so. They really work on you, especially with your amazing hair. How will you ever go back to another shape?

You will kill me for saying this (Or maybe your DH will) but I think you need some more pears, so you can change them each day. I think a nice modern looking dangly pair would be nice too.

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earr...wse&searchkeyword=&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=287464
Granted this is not a pear...

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earr...wse&searchkeyword=&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=287464
Maybe with sapphires, and single halo so not too heavy?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my Missy!!
Your earrings are just gorgeous.. chunky old cut pears are so lovable!! :love:
The way they are set is perfection as well.
Enjoy!!!!! :wavey:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely, missy!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with these earrings. And your kitties! :love:

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock
Love these earrings! :love: Enjoy!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I like more than a pear shaped diamond is an old cut pear shaped diamond - and here are 2 of them! Stunning and delicious! Enjoy them and their amazing sparkle!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your chunky pears in beautiful vintage earrings are beauitful! :love: :love: :love: They look fabulous on you. I know you will wear them a lot. :wavey:

Marcy

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy they're lovely!! I remember the original earrings that inspired this search - and I must say, I LOVE the pair you've ended up with :love:

Those chunky pears are adorable and I really like that they're articulated - they must sparkle beautifully against your dark hair :love: They look to be in super condition, and the style suits what I know of your personality so well ::)

That's very generous of Lang to cover the alterations! I definitely agree that being able to show the bench exactly where you want the bend would be best. How do they feel on the ears - can you wear them for long periods of time comfortably?

I love that first pic - that's about what mail-time at my house looks like too :bigsmile: Yours are being very polite with the ribbon, I must say - my Alex will take off with anything that remotely resembles string before you can blink!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful.
I love your earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

Haha LLJsmom, neither I nor my dh would ever want to kill you for anything believe me. You are such a sweetie. Thanks for the links and I will check them out. I don't have any projects right now on my radar having just completed this bling purchase and now I need to replenish the bling fund but thank you!

Thank you so much RubiesRMe! Coming from you that is quite a compliment. I LOVE all your gorgeous pieces. :love:

Hi Tourmaline, thank you!

Aww derbygal, thank you and my kitties send their purrs and kisses to you for the love. :love:

Thank you Tarrotka and KaeKae!

Tanzigrrl, I'm with you. The only thing better than one chunky antique pear are 2 chunky antique pears. :bigsmile: Thank you!

Marcy, we love wearing our diamonds and gems don't we. Thank you and yes I hope to be enjoying them often. As soon as I get these ear wires fixed that is!

Hi Yssie! Thank you so much for the love. I am wondering however if you are thinking about my last pair of earrings that I had completed as a custom project. They were not pears however they were made with OECs. Not the best pictures sorry but sharing the two I could find quickly for you. Is this one of the pairs you were thinking about? I got both of these this year too. You might say I am an earring girl. 8) OK just adding 2 more pics I was able to find. The last pair is from Grace and are OECs and OMCs. I just cannot take good pics of any of my bling. My pics do none of my pieces justice but sharing what I have nonetheless.
_35690.jpg
graceearrings_0.jpg
graceearringscloseup.jpg
graceearringswithkittiesinbackgrounddidn_tnoticetillnowlol_2.jpg

Can you see on the pic with my profile the earring doesn't hang right below the earlobe like I want it to here either. What happened is I gave Grace the measurements via email and she altered it but she left a mm space just in case and I appreciate that because she wanted to leave room for error but it doesn't lay exactly how I want it to so I need these altered as well. I am putting that on hold however till I get my Lang pair altered. It is frustrating because that is very important to me. Where the earrings lay on my ear. I like the dangle part right below my earlobe.

Haha yes they were being super polite for that second at least but don't let that pic fool you... because right after it they did grab the ribbon and ran. LOL I am getting too old to run after the kitties. :lol:

Attaching a pic of Francesca and Tommy that I left out before when the box arrived. OMG Yssie they were so adorable especially with the way Francesca was peering into the box as if to say is that all that came out of that big box...just that very small box? That must be a mistake. LOL. img_2262_3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. Um. That would be a case of "open mouth, insert foot". The project I was thinking of
A) wasn't yours, and
B) didn't involve earrings!

Can't say I object to having enticed you to post more of your earring collection though :devil: you really do have an amazing collection!! :love: and your style comes through so clearly, I love that :bigsmile:

I hope you can get both pairs altered quickly and without issue!! I do see what you mean re. extra space under the lobe. The Lang pair in particular seems like an easy alteration - just move the inflection point of the bend slightly... (says the one who's never done anything of the sort and really has no idea!)

I think Francesca would probably fit in the box, if she really wanted to do a thorough exploration :bigsmile:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi Missy
Your new earrings are gorgeous and suit you beautifully! They have such a romantic feel to them. :love:
The backs look long so perhaps it isn't an issue, but do you ever worry that they may fall out? Sorry if it's a silly question, but I get paranoid about losing earrings, and am exploring what to look for to ensure they don't get lost.

Thanks! :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like them, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Yssie you are right. She would have too if I had not snatched it away before she could. Didn't want to ruin her fun but they have a way of getting into trouble that is for sure. We let them play in plenty of boxes so don't worry. :bigsmile:

Hi mol42, thank you and no worries. I use a rubber thingy on the back of all my french wire earrings. You can see it in one of the above pics of the single earring. Absolutely safe. You can get around 100-200 of them for a few dollars on amazon. Let me find the link for you. Here's a bunch of them.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aearring+safety+backs+rubber%2Cp_72%3A2661618011&keywords=earring+safety+backs+rubber&ie=UTF8&qid=1450644238&rnid=2661617011

Thank you Aprilbaby! And thanks dk168!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I absolutely love the new additions to your earring collection! They are gorgeous in all their chunky monkey yummy fabulousness! They look beautiful on you! :love: :love: :love: What a great find! I love the idea that someone originally gave these to a special person and they've ended up with another very sweet & special person...you! :appl: I know you appreciate the history behind special pieces so I'm glad they found you! Btw, the earring pics are great, but I just love seeing the photos of your babies too! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results