shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm waiting for more photos and only have this video.

But I think this 19ct blue Mogok star sapphire has potential :)

My first reaction was to like it. However, what REALLY BOTHERS ME after seeing the whole video is that you see the person move the stone around, and the star just doesn't move, but stays in one place, almost like it's painted on! I watched the video a second time, which only confirmed what I didn't like about it. @Bluegemz can chime in on this, but I think it's really suspicious!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No worries. We don't pay here until the stone is sent to the lab and tested as sold.

This is the same cutter I got my pair of pinks from.

Waiting for daylight photos and videos.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gah, can't decide with the additional photos and videos. Going to get it couriered down from Mogok.

IMG-89e07e79bc3845d40d168fec8edd24e3-V.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, can't decide with the additional photos and videos. Going to get it couriered down from Mogok.

Looks really pretty! Lovely denim blue color. I hope it everything you want it to be. In The first picture it looked slightly on the opaque side but in the second it looks less so, but silky with a strong star. What qualities are you aiming for?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first reaction was to like it. However, what REALLY BOTHERS ME after seeing the whole video is that you see the person move the stone around, and the star just doesn't move, but stays in one place, almost like it's painted on! I watched the video a second time, which only confirmed what I didn't like about it. @Bluegemz can chime in on this, but I think it's really suspicious!
It looks like a natural star to me. The star is moving, but the light source is steady, which keeps the star showing towards it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks really pretty! Lovely denim blue color. I hope it everything you want it to be. In The first picture it looked slightly on the opaque side but in the second it looks less so, but silky with a strong star. What qualities are you aiming for?

I think the translucency and lighter blue colour are acceptable, as well as the round shape. Will have to assess how the inclusions are and whether the colour is even enough? The star is sharp and orientates well so that's good. It's one of those I can't tell online because it's not wholly translucent and clean. The price is very attractive and this size in Mogok in recent times is probably the first for me.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the translucency and lighter blue colour are acceptable, as well as the round shape. Will have to assess how the inclusions are and whether the colour is even enough? The star is sharp and orientates well so that's good. It's one of those I can't tell online because it's not wholly translucent and clean. The price is very attractive and this size in Mogok in recent times is probably the first for me.
Yes the mid blue color is really nice imo. Slightly uneven coloring one would likely not notice much, such as gentle zoning. It is certainly translucent enough, as it is definitely not opaque. You are right, it has a very strong star which would be a lot of fun to observe, and size really is a rare thing these days. medium and large stars are becoming ever more elusive. Just remember that most in that size range will have something not perfect. If it communicates that magic feeling, with whatever imperfections may be. So long as they add to, rather than distract from It’s individual beauty for you.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I like the way it looks in this photo. Pls keep us posted!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No response from the Mogok chap yet.

Off to view a couple of stuff tomorrow!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow....

I've seen string that colour! I assumed they used bright string on purpose to bring out the colour.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl beware uv green strings that enhance the overall look of pale green jade beads.

From a passing trader today.

20180923_134506.jpg 20180923_134522.jpg
It’s definitelt best to buy on white string, then you can always restring with color to avoid the white look if need be. I have a strand of blue jade beads which came with white string. I restrung with string in a color similar to the bead color. In that case, it didn’t affect the color much due to higher opacity of the beads, but made a more seamless look without white knots in between. But when buying more translucent beads, white is best to assess color, then you can create so many looks with string colors.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joining the star sapphire box :)

20180923_211728.jpg 20180923_211734.jpg 20180923_211254.jpg
Your little star collection is really growing! I love them all. Congrats on the darker sapphire earrings. Those are bold and mysterious and lovely.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa that's a huge collection!!! Haha I see a pair of lolly pinks for earrings standing right out!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you ladies :)
No hurry to rush to set. I will focus on collecting for the time being and I'd like to amass more to decide on multi stone combinations, maybe.

The mine concessions are ending by this year and early next year. The government hasn't announced when they will tender out again. So supplies are dwindling and prices rising.

I agree with Bluegemz white is the best to gauge real colour of translucent jade beads. But in this current market, can't blame them for trying. So long as buyers are aware.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Exchanged a couple of photos with the settings chap today

Purple sapphire will go into this ring to be modified to fit it. Look! No halo! Haha.

Working out mods for the 4.8ct blue sapphire CAD convertible ring pendant. Asking for single halo and a different shank.

IMG-20180927-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180927-WA0005.jpg IMG-20180927-WA0001.jpg

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
You have so many beautiful rocks!! How do you afford so many??

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really wonderful. I love that style of jade earring....such clean and pure shapes and so chic.

Thank you. We saw it at the jade factory last Dec in Chiang Mai but I couldn't decide then and seaglow went back to get them for me after that :)

They are set in silver.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results