shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the color! Are you buying both or just one? I like the bigger one, but the polish doesn't look as good. Of course I'm a novice with jade. Is the color better on the smaller one?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love the color! Are you buying both or just one? I like the bigger one, but the polish doesn't look as good. Of course I'm a novice with jade. Is the color better on the smaller one?

They are sold together, no separate sales, so that's 2 of them pending. Fingers crossed.

Good eyes, Suzanne! The smaller is indeed a better colour, although they are both from the same piece of jadeite rough. The smaller has a higher dome so it looks shiner imho. The larger 10ct is flatter so it falls a lil' flat but the polish is the same, all things being equal. It may also be smudgy from my grimey fingerprints.

1 will go into a pendant and the other a ring. If we do manage to negotiate for the sale.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Revised CAD for my sapphire convertible ring/pendant. Singe row of diamond halo with a different shank. They assured me there wouldn't be too much metal for the halo. It's a different "claw" system so the diamonds would be more visible.

Oh and we managed to negotiate for the jade duo! Bidding was stiff!!!

IMG-20181008-WA0001.jpg IMG-20181008-WA0005.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was also looking at this blue jadeite cab from a local seller online. The seller says it's lighter than captured in the photos so it may be too light for my taste in the end. A pity as the proportions are good for a ring/pendant, as is the texture.

IMG-d93601e7aa5a420f56086b402033423b-V-1.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I was also looking at this blue jadeite cab from a local seller online. The seller says it's lighter than captured in the photos so it may be too light for my taste in the end. A pity as the proportions are good for a ring/pendant, as is the texture.

How unusual, and what a lovely pale blue! Is there some place I could read more about blue jadeite? Is it a mix of icy and lavender jade? It wasn't listed as one of the jadeite colors in Richard Wise's book, so I'd like to learn more.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How unusual, and what a lovely pale blue! Is there some place I could read more about blue jadeite? Is it a mix of icy and lavender jade? It wasn't listed as one of the jadeite colors in Richard Wise's book, so I'd like to learn more.

I doubt it in English but I have a couple strands of blue jadeite necklace too.

The mine owners tell me that in Mandarin, they are all classified as 紫罗兰. Which also includes bluish lavender https://baike.baidu.com/item/紫罗兰玉

Since the trace minerals give the colouring, it's no wonder that jadeite comes in a multitude of colours.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze, That jadeite is huge and looks so pretty in the picture. Too bad it's probably not the shade you want in person.

Can I ask you about your convertible pendant/ring? Will the bail stick out while you are wearing the ring or will it fold down out of the way or something?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Okay, that was helpful, and an insightful, interesting read. It's a good thing I know multiple languages.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Revised CAD for my sapphire convertible ring/pendant. Singe row of diamond halo with a different shank. They assured me there wouldn't be too much metal for the halo. It's a different "claw" system so the diamonds would be more visible.

Oh and we managed to negotiate for the jade duo! Bidding was stiff!!!

IMG-20181008-WA0001.jpg IMG-20181008-WA0005.jpg
I have trouble imagining how the convertible ring/pendant attaches to the ring.

Congrats on the jade duo! How much did you negotiate it down to? Like with emeralds, I'm planning on observing for a long time to learn more about the stone and what I want before purchasing. I really look forward to seeing more of your ring and pendant jade duo.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really love the color! I hope it’s beautiful in person. It’s for great drama to the size and shape, which contrasts so nicely with the ultra cool color.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've posted this convertible ring somewhere on my thread before. Happen to be wearing it today..see photos below. The bail snaps under securely. The joint juts out slightly but isn't that obvious. At least for me.

Only knocked slightly over us100 off the jade duo. Still in the thousands.

20181010_083622.jpg 20181010_083640.jpg 20181010_083559.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really love the color! I hope it’s beautiful in person. It’s for great drama to the size and shape, which contrasts so nicely with the ultra cool color.

I'm still thinking about it although logic says to pass on it if it's lighter. I'm sceptical about vendor photos the more I see them. Though this looks unlikely to be enhanced.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze, Your convertible ring is so interesting. Does the halo stay on when it's a pendant, or is it just the stone and bail?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Without the backing.

20181007_135647-1.jpg

Oh, please can I ask which factory it is in Chiang Mai? I am now going to save for a huge one. These are beautiful. Thank you.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, please can I ask which factory it is in Chiang Mai? I am now going to save for a huge one. These are beautiful. Thank you.

They are from a Burmese trader. Not from the jade factory in Thailand :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Local lab memos for the jadeite cabs. I've also asked the settings chap for stock settings that may fit them. But I'm willing to go custom if they don't have any I fancy.

Except going custom requires thought and I don't have any designs in my head right now beyond I don't want the usual styles.

IMG-345102c50a0557fb07f2d814e1ca898a-V.jpg IMG-1b540e9fd7a6e115fc1d1aabc893153b-V.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jewellers gifted me this in advance :)

I love bamboo carvings. They represent resilience and new growth.

20181012_162953-1.jpg
That is so beautiful, Burmesedaze! I love the symbolism too. I need to be reminded of this, new growth and resilience. I also love your new green jade cabs. Wonderful, uplifting color and such fine, even textures. And, what a blessing to have a matching set. Any idea how you will set them?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you ladies. That won't be till next week and I would be somewhere in Europe then for a holiday :)

Bluegemz, still waiting for the setters to send me stock setting photos of what might fit. If not I will go custom and hunt down designs online. The oval will be a ring and the larger but flatter piece a convertible ring/pendant!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday! This is one of my favorite threads on PS. When you go away or get busy with work and don't post, I worry about you.
I think @mellowyellowgirl should make the Pink Bandit get over his irrational fear of her staying in your basement. You guys can drink mountain dew while you kidnap her and hold her for ransom. It would be so much fun!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies. That won't be till next week and I would be somewhere in Europe then for a holiday :)

Bluegemz, still waiting for the setters to send me stock setting photos of what might fit. If not I will go custom and hunt down designs online. The oval will be a ring and the larger but flatter piece a convertible ring/pendant!
That sounds great. And, it’s wonderful that you get to take a trip on your birthday. I miss Europe so much. I’m going for a long visit next summer.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous jade cabs; they are my ideal! You, @Seaglow, @Bluegemz, @icy_jade and @mellowyellowgirl have the best jade pieces I've seen outside of Youtube videos :lol:. I wonder which cab will go in the pendant, the more oval one or more round one? Early happy birthday! Hope your holiday is great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results