carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG!!! Hallo you!!!!

I've got a piece of sesame chiffon cake and cup of tea! Ready to look!

The two bags on the floor is that apple green in real life? I want a nice fresh green!

Also on the table, the speckly darkish green and white is beautiful too!

OMG @Burmesedaze is that a massive crack at the bottom of that sapphire?

Haha I thought that was the one you ordered and I was like "Didn't she say hers was a carat and a bit? Why so HUGE!"
Lol a big diagonal crack across a corner and 1 at the bottom.

Here are the 2 new and 1.x ct pinks instead :) kept them in the same box.

Also paired my new icies with the older and smaller yokdee pair.

20180810_010746-1.jpg 20180810_011135-1.jpg 20180810_011125-1.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze can you adopt me as your sibling and donate the pink pair so I can halo em and make earrings :lol-2::P2

Random thought: What would one do with the hugeass crack like that in a stone? Superb colour and all but that's a massive crack! Doesn't that kill the value?

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol a big diagonal crack across a corner and 1 at the bottom.

Here are the 2 new and 1.x ct pinks instead :) kept them in the same box.

Also paired my new icies with the older and smaller yokdee pair.

20180810_010746-1.jpg 20180810_011135-1.jpg 20180810_011125-1.jpg
I’m obsessed with your profile ring. Can you tell us what that one is????

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How fitting that while we are trying to come to terms with the unexpected death of a colleague this week (1 I've known for 6 years), I find a painite cab at the market today.

IMG-67fdb1e142015e048287892082b934ba-V.jpg 20180812_151548.jpg 20180812_151541.jpg 20180812_151537.jpg 20180812_151522.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sad! Very Sorry to hear that. In grieving, it’s helped me move through it by remembering what they loved in this life and celebrating thier spirit and remembering who they were and how they touched me. Very painful, but also incorporating memories of thier joy. If they loved a food, one might make a special dinner out of that, or if they loved a specific location, one might go there and write a note to them or read a poem there to the person. Condolences while you’re going through this, and to your colleague.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's been a challenging week. Life still has to go on.

A few things I collected today.

The light purple sapphire bought online from the Mogok folks, boxed together with a darker purple from sometime back. No plans for them atm.

20180819_170341.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings and ring. Love the setting of your ring!!!! It worked out great!

Haha I think pink is really really really growing on me!

*Big hugs* honey

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m seconding big hugs - in all the time you’ve been posting you’ve never once had a complaint or been less than happy, so I know it must’ve been a hard week. Know that your good will has literally reached many of us and made a difference, so allow yourself ample PS dust and support.

Oh, and gorgeous, gorgeous stones and pinks! I’m not a pink lover but those are perfect looking.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, dear @minousbijoux

Your words and from the other ladies bring much comfort during this period.

I must admit the usual euphoria and rush I get from collecting is still lacking. But time will heal and fade.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your new ruby ring and the earrings are gorgeous. I really like the side profile of your ring.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your new ruby ring and the earrings are gorgeous. I really like the side profile of your ring.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. There was a moonstone similar to mine I wanted to show you. But guess what? Signed for courier managed to misplace the item somewhere in Mandalay before coming to Yangon. It's been over a week and they still can't find it. The trader took a hit on this.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze, my condolences on the loss of your colleague, I know how tough that can be.:(

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. There was a moonstone similar to mine I wanted to show you. But guess what? Signed for courier managed to misplace the item somewhere in Mandalay before coming to Yangon. It's been over a week and they still can't find it. The trader took a hit on this.

Sigh...

But thanks so much for thinking of me. Really appreciate it. :kiss2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sigh...

But thanks so much for thinking of me. Really appreciate it. :kiss2:

Awaiting another from the trader. If/when it arrives in Yangon, I'll show you the pics :)

That said, I've just booked my airtix and hotel for next month's Bangkok Gem Fair!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awaiting another from the trader. If/when it arrives in Yangon, I'll show you the pics :)

That said, I've just booked my airtix and hotel for next month's Bangkok Gem Fair!

Going to totally live through you!!!!!!!

I was speaking to Pink Bandit and he reckons next time Singapore has a big gem fair next year, if you and the other ladies are around, he'll be ok with me flying to Singapore alone for a meet up.

Just want to add my husband is not controlling or anything, he just gets worried I'll get kidnapped in another country but he's confident with Singapore since we always feel safe there!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Omg so exciting... if I ever can take leave can I pretty pls tag along on one of your shopping trips and pick up some tips? *puppy eyes* :P2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Going to totally live through you!!!!!!!

I was speaking to Pink Bandit and he reckons next time Singapore has a big gem fair next year, if you and the other ladies are around, he'll be ok with me flying to Singapore alone for a meet up.

Just want to add my husband is not controlling or anything, he just gets worried I'll get kidnapped in another country but he's confident with Singapore since we always feel safe there!

The July one should be better... but anyway I’ll report back after the Oct one.

Bangkok should be fine? Shopping is fab. And the massages!! Mmmmm

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Omg so exciting... if I ever can take leave can I pretty pls tag along on one of your shopping trips and pick up some tips? *puppy eyes* :P2

Haha sure but Bkk fair is HUGE and crowded. I'm going on a trade day, trying my luck!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Haha sure but Bkk fair is HUGE and crowded. I'm going on a trade day, trying my luck!

Look forward to what you scoop up for our eyes! What would you wear to the gem fair? I wore my orange spess and a purple spinel to signal to vendors that I like variety in my CS. But maybe since you are traveling, you wouldn’t want to bring valuables?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Look forward to what you scoop up for our eyes! What would you wear to the gem fair? I wore my orange spess and a purple spinel to signal to vendors that I like variety in my CS. But maybe since you are traveling, you wouldn’t want to bring valuables?

I think Bkk is ok actually, with Grab, the BTS and a decent hotel. Plus, there are loads and loads of tourist thronging Bkk.

Probably my new ruby ring and a sapphire ring to gauge colour with them :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! Congratulations on your wonderfully luscious, new ruby ring! Those would be a great set.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also gave your jade seller a try and bought something from her. Really excited to check it out in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results