shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are gorgeous! Congratulations on your wonderfully luscious, new ruby ring! Those would be a great set.

I think i may keep the pair until another pair comes along to make a dangling ruby earrings set. I already have 2 pairs of ruby studs.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Facebook lady? :)
Yes! I was having no luck finding a lavender jade ring, so I contacted her and asked her to keep an eye out for me for a lavender jade cab or ring. She was great, she sent me new examples each day for a week or so, I think from a jade factory. I saw one ring but it sold immediately before I had a chance to get it. Finally, there was another one which I love. I originally wanted white metal to go with my pendant, but it looked great in rose/yellow gold, so a white metal one is next. I was able to bargain a bit too, which I appreciate.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes! I was having no luck finding a lavender jade ring, so I contacted her and asked her to keep an eye out for me for a lavender jade cab or ring. She was great, she sent me new examples each day for a week or so, I think from a jade factory. I saw one ring but it sold immediately before I had a chance to get it. Finally, there was another one which I love. I originally wanted white metal to go with my pendant, but it looked great in rose/yellow gold, so a white metal one is next. I was able to bargain a bit too, which I appreciate.

That's awesome. Any photos of the lavender jade?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think i may keep the pair until another pair comes along to make a dangling ruby earrings set. I already have 2 pairs of ruby studs.
Wow, that will be really gorgeous! It will make such a different look. Your ruby collection is becoming really impressive!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EED21312-27CE-4657-9596-4AED512ED071.jpeg
And here is the one I missed out on...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful that you are going to the gem show! I imagine it’s like a focus of either flood light or spot light, depending on if one has a search for some specific gems. I would love to see pictures if it’s convienient for you. Your gem journeys are always so much fun to behold.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How wonderful that you are going to the gem show! I imagine it’s like a focus of either flood light or spot light, depending on if one has a search for some specific gems. I would love to see pictures if it’s convienient for you. Your gem journeys are always so much fun to behold.

I Like the cab ring you chose. The 6k cab has too much blue but the one you chose is a livelier shade. I hope it turns out equally vibrant lavender and not too far off IRL!

On the gem show, it depends on what one is able to find :) i don't have anything in mind except a pair of white SSPs for earrings.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Like the cab ring you chose. The 6k cab has too much blue but the one you chose is a livelier shade. I hope it turns out equally vibrant lavender and not too far off IRL!

On the gem show, it depends on what one is able to find :) i don't have anything in mind except a pair of white SSPs for earrings.
I do hope it’s similar enough in life. I don’t expect it to look exactly like the pictures because lavender jade can be tricky to photograph and Is shifty depending on light. So in my mind, I imagined that it is the best it would look in those pictures, and likely less vibrant IRL.
The cab is a sleepier color, but that gel texture is something else.
For the platinum ring, I’m going to have to wait to see the cab in person before buying if this one is underwhelming.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White SS pearl earrings are such an astoundingly beautiful piece of jewelry to have!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White SS pearl earrings are such an astoundingly beautiful piece of jewelry to have!

Agreed! I want a pair of studs with detachable SS pearls so much! I think it's a classic look and love the flexibility of being able to have them on or off.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed! I want a pair of studs with detachable SS pearls so much! I think it's a classic look and love the flexibility of being able to have them on or off.
Really, they are the essence of elegance. I would love a pair too in white. :razz:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely chubby pears. Love the shapes with those. Are you looking for rounds this time?

Yes :) nothing more classic and chic than round pearl studs. I'm lacking a pair in white.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes :) nothing more classic and chic than round pearl studs. I'm lacking a pair in white.
That is true! The size and luster is so important with round studs. I imagine that the white color will look great on you. It might be hard to choose!
For me, it’s been such a battle Of desires between jade and pearls recently. There have been sales etc, and I was browsing which reignited pearl passion. Pearls are just so magic in thier beauty! Because I have been getting frustrated about the search for a lavender jade ring, that won . But at the same time, I saw some golden SS drops which I just loved. What stopped me is that I have no idea which kind of golden SS overtone which would compliment my skin tone. Probably safest would be a light champagne color...my only pair of SS earrings are blue-ish, but I’ve always wanted yellow and white too.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
D2AA5DDA-2AAA-4F0C-A33E-4CF02CF71CD9.jpeg A05A0FCB-4E17-4190-BA2A-719EF7343D79.jpeg

@icy_jade

Here it is. Open back. Est 7-8 ish carats.

First of all, thank you again! :kiss2:

But I have to admit that it doesn’t make my heart sing the way yours does...
From pics, it looks more milky? Or maybe just the more blocky shape.... sad :((

How did you feel about it irl?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is true! The size and luster is so important with round studs. I imagine that the white color will look great on you. It might be hard to choose!
For me, it’s been such a battle Of desires between jade and pearls recently. There have been sales etc, and I was browsing which reignited pearl passion. Pearls are just so magic in thier beauty! Because I have been getting frustrated about the search for a lavender jade ring, that won . But at the same time, I saw some golden SS drops which I just loved. What stopped me is that I have no idea which kind of golden SS overtone which would compliment my skin tone. Probably safest would be a light champagne color...my only pair of SS earrings are blue-ish, but I’ve always wanted yellow and white too.

The light champagnes are the most neutral I agree and pick up nice pink tones :)

Well, I am still on the lookout for a lavender jadeite cab and a.glassy cab!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
D2AA5DDA-2AAA-4F0C-A33E-4CF02CF71CD9.jpeg A05A0FCB-4E17-4190-BA2A-719EF7343D79.jpeg

First of all, thank you again! :kiss2:

But I have to admit that it doesn’t make my heart sing the way yours does...
From pics, it looks more milky? Or maybe just the more blocky shape.... sad :((

How did you feel about it irl?

Very tough to find another like my ring. Otherwise you'd be seeing me posting more. I think with a closed back it's fine. It's milkier but the adularescence is even from all angles, not just at the top.

I'm ok keeping it for a simple pendant.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The light champagnes are the most neutral I agree and pick up nice pink tones :)

Well, I am still on the lookout for a lavender jadeite cab and a.glassy cab!
Yeah, the jade cab search seems to never end on my end too. I’m really hoping that I like the one I ordered. The first one I bought years ago I just never loved. If it’s like the one in my pendant at all, I will be happy with it. Will send it to the GIA once it arrives, though she guaranteed double money back if not A grade.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, the jade cab search seems to never end on my end too. I’m really hoping that I like the one I ordered. The first one I bought years ago I just never loved. If it’s like the one in my pendant at all, I will be happy with it. Will send it to the GIA once it arrives, though she guaranteed double money back if not A grade.

She offers a return policy too, so fingers crossed.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lab memo came back for the ruby pair. About a carat each :)

IMG-dab0e48c693b5f25a526c7ee0c49b622-V-01-1.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Too much pink in the photos but looking at a dangling pair with them. Since they all happen to be from the same mine, I think.

20180830_002138.jpg 20180830_002209.jpg
That would be absolutely gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results