shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
3EB03C8B-ED2A-4DF0-9868-AA75E96FF8C9.jpeg In considering what to do with the tiny stars which I bought...I stumbled across these earrings. It struck me that something like this could be beautiful to assemble with small stars in general.

I LOVE THE DESIGN AND YOUR IDEA! Or even with melee.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE THE DESIGN AND YOUR IDEA! Or even with melee.
Exactly! One could have more tiers hanging down too. I think this design solves the issue of color variations between stars because if they are separated in color groups, it’s very modern and beautiful, and it works because it integrates the color variations into the design.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got these 2 1.13ct and 1.31ct tiny pinkish purple untreated African star sapphires off eBay. Pretty gemmy and sharp stars.

IMG_20180428_225433.jpg IMG_20180428_225400.jpg

Beautiful color! Wow! Could you mind letting me know what the mm size is for these?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful color! Wow! Could you mind letting me know what the mm size is for these?

Sure. 1.13 is $35 5.32x4.4x4.18mm.

1.31 is $42 6.15x4.67x4.13mm.

Both are from Nigeria.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sure. 1.13 is $35 5.32x4.4x4.18mm.

1.31 is $42 6.15x4.67x4.13mm.

Both are from Nigeria.

Thank You! I know CSs can be smaller per ct than a diamond, its lovely to get some real life perspective of this! I always assumer abouy 30 to 40% smaller face up but it seems. Closer to 25%?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank You! I know CSs can be smaller per ct than a diamond, its lovely to get some real life perspective of this! I always assumer abouy 30 to 40% smaller face up but it seems. Closer to 25%?

It really depends? For cabs they can be pretty flat too and face up larger. Same goes for faceted stones, though however flat they are (unless it's like a pancake), they'll still face up smaller than diamonds.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It really depends? For cabs they can be pretty flat too and face up larger. Same goes for faceted stones, though however flat they are (unless it's like a pancake), they'll still face up smaller than diamonds.

Is there a thickness that would make a piece no longer a good stone? More specifically in terms of structurally and light return. I think my current the wants are all faceted stones for now. And outside of obvious windowing and potential chipping in thin girdles I'm not sure what else to look at.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is there a thickness that would make a piece no longer a good stone? More specifically in terms of structurally and light return. I think my current the wants are all faceted stones for now. And outside of obvious windowing and potential chipping in thin girdles I'm not sure what else to look at.

Drastically off centred culets are also something to look out for if that bothers you. If a stone is dark like certain garnets and even sapphires, a flatter cut for more face up size is actually ok to me as your can't really see to the culet, if that makes sense?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh my they are fabulous hun! Amazing size and that colour goes with a lot!!!

Why do they plate them? Isn't it easier to mix up some RG?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those turned out to be so lovely! I really admire how longer earrings look on you. Colors are subtle and yet full.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh my they are fabulous hun! Amazing size and that colour goes with a lot!!!

Why do they plate them? Isn't it easier to mix up some RG?

This goldsmith only knows how to work with YG. But he's cheaper so I'm cool.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look very pretty. I love the delicate hue and the vintage-y yet geometric look. A nice balance!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have some serious sparklebombs in your ears. They are super nice.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, ladies. You are all too kind :). I like the simplicity and raw feel to the earrings where the light coloured spinels take centrestage. No need for other bling like diamonds, much as I love my melees and halos!

I also had my jade bracelet in sterling silver plated rose gold, as it was getting tarnished. OMG it turned out better than I'd expected and other than breathing new life into an old piece, it looks classier and pricier now.

20180505_205414-1.jpg 20180505_205420-1.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out really well. It does look different! I love the way yellow and rose gold look on you. The warmth of the metal has such softness. I know what you’re saying about melees and halos...It’s interesting, much as I love sparkle, most of my favorite pieces of jewelry have no diamond melees and the center stones stand on their own. I think it’s because of purity and classism of the look. Of course, one needs the right stones in the first place for this look to be done well! The spinels really worked!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That turned out really well. It does look different! I love the way yellow and rose gold look on you. The warmth of the metal has such softness. I know what you’re saying about melees and halos...It’s interesting, much as I love sparkle, most of my favorite pieces of jewelry have no diamond melees and the center stones stand on their own. I think it’s because of purity and classism of the look. Of course, one needs the right stones in the first place for this look to be done well! The spinels really worked!

Thanks Bluegemz, I find that rose gold picks up pink skin tones really well and downplays the sallow yellow.

If I could afford larger precious stones, I'd do with less bling :D

20180505_215512-1.jpg 20180505_215522-1.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting this pair if Mogok star sapphires that are slightly differing in shape but since they'd be made into a pair of earrings, not too bad. 7.15 tcw. Vendor photos. They are still in Mogok pending delivery.

IMG-f02d37076a15168bb2a174c00db52f0c-V.jpg IMG-b5a36a78dbd3adae0666c06515ddfc60-V.jpg IMG-774d0bc03ade4b9a9089709d9d74264f-V.jpg
Love them! How gorgeous! Will make a fantastic pair of earrings!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the green. It has complexity to it although it is thin and doesn't take that smooth a polish.

But they used a really thin chain for the dangle bit so I'm going to remove that and fix the jade part to the ring on the hook soon.
20180526_164115.jpg 20180526_164428.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Gorgeous pieces in this thread!!! Very colourful and classy.
Love what you did with your bracelet. Tres chique

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely tourmaline, and the jade leaves are wonderful! :)

I can't quite catch the right colour of the tourmaline which shows more pink and does shift slightly under certain lights, but it's a decent buy for the size! Courtesy of Ebay. Will get it tested at a local Yangon lab soon just to be sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results