carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I'm getting both ;-)
That's the spirit!!!! Seriously they are gorgeous! Plus life is short! May as well wear a beautiful necklace!

Btw I find the jade necklace incredibly comfy to wear. On a really hot day sometimes the chains (even the 22k ones I have) irritate me due to the scratchy design.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha I also bought 1 more pink to add to my pink jade necklace for a longer length and will remove the beads with green bits for a matching bracelet. I forgot those were only us$40/strand!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We compared the new long strand to my double shorter strand and raised the jadeite is probably from the same jade deposit. The texture and greens are the same. The lavender and blue too though the lavender being smaller looks slightly more translucent.

20180408_152124.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
20180407_152511.jpg

@Burmesedaze THEE ARE FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one of these as well *wails*
Thank you for the pics they are SUCH a treat to look at! You are the bestest!

I'm getting them to piece together the better beads into 1 necklace. This was from the depleted Khine Su mine. Never came in big enough pieces for bangles. Just carvings and beads. Apparently the greens even came in imperial green against the white. But the locals didn't like those then so I guess all went over the border. Pity.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Took back a piece of the Khine Su jadeite pebble. I guess my jewellers bought the rough in the past to fashion into beads and carvings. Not from their mine.

20180408_161927-1.jpg 20180408_161923-1.jpg 20180408_161915-1.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting them to piece together the better beads into 1 necklace. This was from the depleted Khine Su mine. Never came in big enough pieces for bangles. Just carvings and beads. Apparently the greens even came in imperial green against the white. But the locals didn't like those then so I guess all went over the border. Pity.

You're so spoilt!!!!! The fresh pale green pile next to the lavender pile is really pretty as well!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those in the glass showcase I didn't get.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just want to follow you around like a little puppy and pick up the ones you leave behind.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! I feel spoilt! I just got baco from China and I get to look at all the pretties you've picked up since I've been gone.

Seriously brilliant collection! I was actually looking for a jade bracelet when I was in hk....no luck though:cry2:. But it's good to be able to come on here and see your beautiful collection grow!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I feel spoilt! I just got baco from China and I get to look at all the pretties you've picked up since I've been gone.

Seriously brilliant collection! I was actually looking for a jade bracelet when I was in hk....no luck though:cry2:. But it's good to be able to come on here and see your beautiful collection grow!

How about checking out this jadeite online seller? It's the same woman as Myanmar jade jadeite pendant. She has lovely bangles. Pretty high end stuff. I need an inner diameter of 63mm. Inflexible hand bones from piano playing and rowing sports! so it's really difficult for me to get a bangle.

Capture+_2018-04-13-21-31-02.png

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jade and star sapphire plans will be on hold for a while. These are under negotiation on price. Pink and light blue Mogok untreated sapphire pairs. The pink is probably the most vivid I've seen so far and the photos don't capture the right hues much as I try!

20180419_130054.jpg 20180419_130041.jpg 20180419_130034.jpg 20180419_125925.jpg 20180419_131559.jpg 20180419_131556.jpg

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will have to add a picture to this thread! I have a 9.5 carat unheated burmese sapphire ring. Just found out all those details when I took it for an appraisal!

Oh I am editing because I just realized this is your own thread and all the pictures are yours! Wow! Sorry I originally thought it was a generic thread for Burmese Sapphires so that's why I said I would post mine.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will have to add a picture to this thread! I have a 9.5 carat unheated burmese sapphire ring. Just found out all those details when I took it for an appraisal!

Oh I am editing because I just realized this is your own thread and all the pictures are yours! Wow! Sorry I originally thought it was a generic thread for Burmese Sapphires so that's why I said I would post mine.

No problem. Do go ahead and share the photo! I'm curious :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! I love the second stone, it's so vivid!

Thanks! They are not too far off in colour from each. other but the camera amplifies that :)

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Snagged the stones :)

I know you said your time in Burma is coming to a close, was curious to know whether you have a big bang rock to close out your time there? and if you do inquiring minds need to know what it is! Purely for research purposes of course;)2

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about checking out this jadeite online seller? It's the same woman as Myanmar jade jadeite pendant. She has lovely bangles. Pretty high end stuff. I need an inner diameter of 63mm. Inflexible hand bones from piano playing and rowing sports! so it's really difficult for me to get a bangle.

Capture+_2018-04-13-21-31-02.png

Ooo I checked out this site so many pieces I like... gonna have to start saving!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know you said your time in Burma is coming to a close, was curious to know whether you have a big bang rock to close out your time there? and if you do inquiring minds need to know what it is! Purely for research purposes of course;)2

I'm always up for a good buy but it's not easy. Coz the mine concessions have ended/are ending and this govt has yet to release the tenders for them since 2016! I posted the link in this thread or the other jade thread.

Everyone is hoarding their pieces and only letting them go at high prices or if they need money.

I have to pay in cash within the week to secure these 2 pairs. Or else the seller would rather sell at a higher price to some other dealer or buyer locally. Except these other buyers usually need time to raise funds like a month or 2.

So if I specifically look for something, it will be at close to HK or US prices. Not that there aren't good pieces still waiting to be bought but no one is in a hurry to release as these are investments in the local market. The local rich are RICH and plenty here :)

My jewellers say to bide my time and wait. Anyway Yangon is a rather short flight from my home so I can always come back to shop :D So there's no impetus for me to pay intl price for 1 big bang rock!

I'm really hoping, 1 day, the rebel controlled areas and mines will be open. Like Namya. There are still resources for sure, beyond Mogok!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooo I checked out this site so many pieces I like... gonna have to start saving!

IKR!! I run the photos I like through my local jewellers and they will point out flaws or something lacking in the piece. For a balanced countered perspective.

But the best jadeite in terms of quality and carving workmanship is across the border in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm always up for a good buy but it's not easy. Coz the mine concessions have ended/are ending and this govt has yet to release the tenders for them since 2016! I posted the link in this thread or the other jade thread.

Everyone is hoarding their pieces and only letting them go at high prices or if they need money.

I have to pay in cash within the week to secure these 2 pairs. Or else the seller would rather sell at a higher price to some other dealer or buyer locally. Except these other buyers usually need time to raise funds like a month or 2.

So if I specifically look for something, it will be at close to HK or US prices. Not that there aren't good pieces still waiting to be bought but no one is in a hurry to release as these are investments in the local market. The local rich are RICH and plenty here :)

My jewellers say to bide my time and wait. Anyway Yangon is a rather short flight from my home so I can always come back to shop :D So there's no impetus for me to pay intl price for 1 big bang rock!

I'm really hoping, 1 day, the rebel controlled areas and mines will be open. Like Namya. There are still resources for sure, beyond Mogok!

Very cool! May I ask where you originally hail from? Sorry I was under the impression that you were over there from like Canada or somewhere in the other side of the world somewhere. My bad! I guess it was just the way the post sounded

One day when I have the money again I definitely need to get my butt over there to look for myself. Until then, I have you, all of PS and ebay for what I call my skittle needs :)

It really is a shame what the prices over here in the US look like. Even when I was in HK (WITH favorable conversion) I was aggoged and just couldn't bring myself to pay 1k and up for most of the colored stones I was looking at. Good thing 999.9 gold is cheap at the moment :whistle::whistle:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG-20170922-WA0011.jpg @ IMG-20170922-WA0010.jpg My first year here, I didn't even want to spend 1k on any single gemstone... Until my first pair of pink sapphires. I regret not buying more in my first 2 years here when they were more plentiful! Kicking myself in 20/20 hindsight!

Other than the airfare, Yangon isn't expensive for a few days. 5 star hotels are around US$120/night or slightly more depending on the season. I Have good corporate rates if you ever plan to visit that you could book under. Grab taxis are so cheap they are usually just a couple of dollars to wherever in or near the city areas. Even downtown to the airport 9 miles away is about 6-8 dollars tops. Air conditioned.

Food there's the cheap from under a dollar local fare to awesome us$20 set lunches and more at fine dining establishments. Photos below.

So I'd say the infrastructure here is sufficiently developed now if you plan to visit Yangon in conjunction with another Asian country! Just 4 short years ago I was paying over us$200/night at the hotels when there was a chronic supply shortage.

Sorry can't say where I'm from now owing to job security concerns but I will once my stint here is up!

IMG-20171205-WA0011.jpg IMG-20171205-WA0010.jpg IMG-20171101-WA0003.jpg IMG-20171101-WA0002.jpg IMG-20170922-WA0012.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First above 1k purchase here, the bottom pair of Mogok untreated pink sapphires.

The setting ended up costing way more than the pair :razz:

FB_IMG_1524246691500.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results