shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the second and third setting. If I picked the third I would pair it with a band, be it a diamond or even a yellow gold band.

I have short stubby fingers, that don't look good with stacking rings owing to the lack of finger real estate. I keep thinking if I should have the ring 2-tone in yellow and white gold.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can see the architecture better with this view :) I like the diamonds at the side!

IMG-20180328-WA0005.jpg
I definitely like that too. I think it will look great in that setting. I like the rise of the setting a lot. In general, the look seems Less sentimental and more modern in clarity of lines, like architecture, which will be great with that stone.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for the non halo setting! I am biased though I prefer to have diamonds on the shank only for CS. I thini the halos would look better with something like blue green tourmaline or emerald.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for WG rather than YG or two tone even. I think most chrysoberyls look best in WG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks again for the suggestions!

@mellowyellowgirl - I'm trying to think... I might have a few pieces stashed away in the family safe. My mum has oodles of yellow gold jewellery. But I prefer white and rose gold.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the suggestions!

@mellowyellowgirl - I'm trying to think... I might have a few pieces stashed away in the family safe. My mum has oodles of yellow gold jewellery. But I prefer white and rose gold.

i dont think I've seen YG on you, but I really like WG and RG on your skin tone. I'm the opposite, RG is terrible on me and 18k YG looks the best.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
i dont think I've seen YG on you, but I really like WG and RG on your skin tone. I'm the opposite, RG is terrible on me and 18k YG looks the best.

We used to bring out the YG jewellery during festivals and family events when young... So I think I developed an aversion for them from those days!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Loving those pinks!

Been thinking of a pink for a ring! Over a star ruby. Pinks are definitely more me than the reds.

I'm also hoping for more matching pairs. While my tiny pink pair is lovely, I feel they are too small to stand on their own. Maybe 2 or 3 small pairs of differing colours would make foot interesting dangling earrings. I'm pretty sure they can be customised to wear together or separately as studs.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been thinking of a pink for a ring! Over a star ruby. Pinks are definitely more me than the reds.

I'm also hoping for more matching pairs. While my tiny pink pair is lovely, I feel they are too small to stand on their own. Maybe 2 or 3 small pairs of differing colours would make foot interesting dangling earrings. I'm pretty sure they can be customised to wear together or separately as studs.
I agree completely. I think those pinks are beautiful. The rubies are beautiful in a different way, but it’s hard to find a good one, and in general I think the pinks are a more versatile color. I’d love to find a pink one for a ring too. Nice thing is that I think one can wear a smaller pink very well as a ring because of their cuteness and candy like glow.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice idea....I can also imagine with lavender and pink stars, or even pink and grey stars.

Tough to get lavender ones from Mogok. I'd love a nice lavender star!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
941445A0-4F1D-4551-822A-61D37AF26193.jpeg I love the lavenders too. This color combo is so lovely....

Yummy. This would be the epitome of feminity.

I'll show this to my jewellers tomorrow. They say they can tell from how the star looks whether that's from Myanmar or elsewhere. Beats me.
But I guess they have 20 years of being in trade to hone that. Even though they are so new to online shopping, they can easily tell from not-so-good photos and good photos whether the gemstones have flaws or "oily" texture etc.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EF7164D1-15DC-4971-8B73-3D67911DA68F.jpeg Here’s a more vivid example....have you ever seen some purple stars there?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Seaglow bought a pair here. I think medium purple IIRC, somewhat opaque and the star wasn't sharp. I've not come across since.

The purples here I've seen are not the vivid purples but on the lighter side or tinged with maroon. Same for sapphires, I've probably only seen a handful of what I'd consider purple purple sapphires in the 3 years here.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow bought a pair here. I think medium purple IIRC, somewhat opaque and the star wasn't sharp. I've not come across since.

The purples here I've seen are not the vivid purples but on the lighter side or tinged with maroon. Same for sapphires, I've probably only seen a handful of what I'd consider purple purple sapphires in the 3 years here.
I imagine that the purple ones must come from Sri Lanka then, though I imagine that they aren’t easy to find anywhere these days.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Vivid with amazing color and high transparency but star isn’t sharp. Lol.

7B8D2704-7E19-4346-A008-3A19C5A98BFF.jpeg 79DDA3CA-F3B6-4E63-A2EB-1C2FDE750D71.jpeg 2361DC21-8C68-4817-9360-7B24479B80BE.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vivid with amazing color and high transparency but star isn’t sharp. Lol.

7B8D2704-7E19-4346-A008-3A19C5A98BFF.jpeg 79DDA3CA-F3B6-4E63-A2EB-1C2FDE750D71.jpeg 2361DC21-8C68-4817-9360-7B24479B80BE.jpeg
Really gorgeous, Seaglow. Very gemmy indeed.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My memory is bad

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I really like my latest jadeite necklaces and that blue lavender isn't that easy to find! Most lavender jadeite has a sugary/ young texture with lots of white bits. This doesn't have that much as it's "older" jade :)

Good choice! I was tempted to pick up a similar necklace at a gem fair but decided against it in the end, because I wasn't sure if it would get enough wear. Now I'm tempted again! And if I were to buy jade beaded necklace, lavender ones would be my top choice! I'd like to learn more about jade too!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not Burmese but I just bought these 2 chrysoberyls online. 1.84ct and 2.76ct.
Both are Ceylon.

Chrysoberyl+2.76ct+1a.jpg CHR+042+AA.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Earring plans for this set of over 12ct light pink Mogok spinels soon! 20180331_192540-1.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh what are you going to do with the chrysos?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results