shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ideally, I’d love to have a pink red -star or a pink -blue ( purplish) star someday. And Though I think chances are very slim of finding a larger, yellow star with some translucency, that would be great to have too...I could go on and on. I think your star collection is great! I forgot to mention earlier that I think it’s adorable that one of your ruby cabochon cluster earrings has one or two stars in it. That makes them increadibly special in my view.

I've not seen any large strong yellow and gemmy stars here as yet but Mogok isn't known for producing that much good yellows. Ceylon may be a better bet?

I love the purplish blue ones too, over the blue blue ones.

But with the market and slowing production the way it is, I'm not going to be fussy and will take what seems like a good price to quality ratio. I was telling Seaglow that it's no fun being here and having to pay intl prices, which takes the fun out of buying here for me :)

Maya145

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I am browsing for natural untreated ruby stone. Would like to purchase it online. I found some good options on GemsNy (https://www.gemsny.com/ruby-rings/search-ruby-gems/), but I am nervous about buying from them because of some bad reviews. Has anyone here purchased gems from GemsNY? Are their gems natural? Are you happy with your purchase? Any recommendations?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
I am browsing for natural untreated ruby stone. Would like to purchase it online. I found some good options on GemsNy (https://www.gemsny.com/ruby-rings/search-ruby-gems/), but I am nervous about buying from them because of some bad reviews. Has anyone here purchased gems from GemsNY? Are their gems natural? Are you happy with your purchase? Any recommendations?
Provided any vendor provides you with a GIA report (not just some “internal” one) saying it’s unheated and untreated you are usually safe. The problem now is that some heat treated ones are also being beryllium treated at the same time. It enhances the colour and is permanent but difficult to detect. You need specialized testing and that’s expensive to do and probably not worth it unless you are spending thousands and thousands. It’s not that’s anything necessarily “bad” with beryllium treated or even synthetic rubies EXCEPT you want to pay the correct price for what you are getting. Untreated and unheated rubies are more expensive so unless that is absolutely important to you, getting heated (which may or may not be also Beryllium treated) gets you more ruby for your $$$$. What you most definitely don’t want is “glass filled”. These are bad, really bad. They literally disintegrate upon heating or exposure to acid cleaning (ie at the Jewellers when they do any repair work) so don’t buy anything that indicates any treatment other than heated ie no clarity or stability enhancement - fancy words for glass filling.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All,
You may wish to start your own thread on this and get more replies.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I'm also very interested in an e-vendor that's trustworthy and provides external certification. All the vendors I've researched thus far only offer internal certificates, which makes me uneasy.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also very interested in an e-vendor that's trustworthy and provides external certification. All the vendors I've researched thus far only offer internal certificates, which makes me uneasy.

Please start your own thread with the query, rather than threadjacking someone else's specific thread. Thanks! =)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze when is your Bangkok gem fair? Is that coming up soon? I've been super excited about that and hoping you can snap pics for us!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh I'm so excited to see what you'll buy or spot!!! Check out the setting for me!!!!

I wish I could go to these things to look for beaded gem necklaces!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ahhhhh I'm so excited to see what you'll buy or spot!!! Check out the setting for me!!!!

I wish I could go to these things to look for beaded gem necklaces!

Seaglow has managed downwards my expectations :)

What sort of settings are you interested in?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow has managed downwards my expectations :)

What sort of settings are you interested in?

Oooh you know me anything with diamonds. I'm nosey about prices and such.

And green!!!! Anything green!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh you know me anything with diamonds. I'm nosey about prices and such.

And green!!!! Anything green!

Not sure if they'll allow photos. They are quite snarky about that and the fair has No Cameras on the website. We'll see!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if they'll allow photos. They are quite snarky about that and the fair has No Cameras on the website. We'll see!

Bummer! I'll look forward to the goss anyhow!

Haha you'll have to buy more so you can take pics for us at home:dance:

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze,

OMG this thread was AMAZING I literally just sat here and read through every post with pictures. Your collection is to die for! gahhh I love it! It is currently foggy, rainy and cold where I am so thank you for making my day a little brighter with all the shinies.

I hope you post often, I will keep a lookout for this thread!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
After 5.5 hours at the fair and finally having my first meal of the day at 4pm, I came away with these.

6.1 ct Mozambique copper bearing tourmaline with GIA cert. @Seaglow after much dithering, I FINALLY got one.

2 strands of off round South Sea pearls.

20180224_154018.jpg 20180224_154027.jpg 20180224_124028.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Arrgggghhhhh

Ok after you rest up or get home or whatever you need to take a ZILLION more pictures of that stone for us and give us all the goss!!!!

6.1ct????!!!!!!!!! That stone is gorgeous!!!!!I am so impressed with the cut, colour and size!!!! OMG Go you!!!!!!!!

Was there yummy food at the fair?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Arrgggghhhhh

Ok after you rest up or get home or whatever you need to take a ZILLION more pictures of that stone for us and give us all the goss!!!!

6.1ct????!!!!!!!!! That stone is gorgeous!!!!!I am so impressed with the cut, colour and size!!!! OMG Go you!!!!!!!!

Was there yummy food at the fair?

Lol I had pad thai at the expo hall. Stuck in a jam now and i want to gym before meeting another friend in the evening! Had yummy desserts and food yesterday evening with an old college pal!

20180223_234150.jpg 20180223_232323.jpg 20180223_222247.jpg 20180223_222124.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg you are the BESTEST!!!!

Jade pics and food pics *swoons*

Thank you!!!! Those rings and that necklace *faints*

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After 5.5 hours at the fair and finally having my first meal of the day at 4pm, I came away with these.

6.1 ct Mozambique copper bearing tourmaline with GIA cert. @Seaglow after much dithering, I FINALLY got one.

2 strands of off round South Sea pearls.

20180224_154018.jpg 20180224_154027.jpg 20180224_124028.jpg

Can't wait for sunlight photos of the stone!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many green chrysoberyls!!!!!!

Did you see any settings or was the setting game not strong at this fair?

I really love the cut on your copper bearing tourmaline! I like the fact that you can actually SEE the cut!

Ahh it's going to be sooo exciting to see how you set it! I shall live through you until I have money again!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I really love the cut on your copper bearing tourmaline! I like the fact that you can actually SEE the cut!

Ahh it's going to be sooo exciting to see how you set it! I shall live through you until I have money again!

Oh plenty. Thai settings with plenty of diamonds and China/HK ones. But my eyes glazed over after a while. They are more expensive than my HK settings source. Probably coz that's per piece price and they are really after wholesale customers.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

They wanted us500/ct for the chrysos. WAY STEEP!!! PASS!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They wanted us500/ct for the chrysos. WAY STEEP!!! PASS!

You serious??? I read that right? $500 USD per carat???

Is it because of the green??? Does green chryso cost more? I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine and it's super clean and well cut!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You serious??? I read that right? $500 USD per carat???

Is it because of the green??? Does green chryso cost more? I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine and it's super clean and well cut!

Just because I guess. Yes. 500/ct. I suppose many think they can sell better at the Hong Kong fair. Shrug.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results