shape
carat
color
clarity

My asscher Part II

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tawn, your ring from WF will be absloutely stunning. I know that Quests emails were down so was their internet, but it all works out for the best I think. The Daniel K setting has a halo and I''m not doing prongs with this one. Should be pretty.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the pic of the Daniel K inspirational setting
1.gif

asschcollagelisa.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo. In the gallery where those two bars are I am adding diamonds to them so the whole gallery will be encrusted with diamonds!!!!

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
Ooo la la! All diamonds/all the time!
30.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, thanks MrsSalvo for posting those for me--I just logged on now and am sloooww!!!

SO excited for the progress of this ring!!

I''m not sure who posted this originally, but found this that I''d saved from PS some time ago.....it''s the mainpage of danielk.net so it''s the same picture that MrsS posted but BIG....so we can see those bars that Kaleigh is going to bling out!!
36.gif
36.gif

danielkassch1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks blue, that is an awesome picture. I am sooooo excited!!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Now I''m really jealous....there was an ad in "W" magazine last year with Daniel K and your ring! It was a really huge glossy close up and I stared at it for hours!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Tawn don''t be jealous my asscher is tiny and it''s for a RHR. Your ring will be gorgeous!!!!
1.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I am sooo excited to see all these new asschers!!! That''s next on my list of "want stones" (like 10 yrs down the road
20.gif
).

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
can''t wait! can''t wait! can''t wait! can''t wait! can''t wait!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ginger, I have waited a long time for this and think it will be sooooo pretty. It will be small but sooo cute!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
How does the asscher look "in person" that size? I had a jeweler tell me that you need to go at least 2ct to really *see* the true beauty of the cut!

Is that true? Cuz it sure doesn''t seem like it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tawn I was sooo fortunate to have Storm guide me in my purchase of my asscher from GOG. Yes it is small, but definitely has a large spread for it''s size, so it faces up bigger. Then add a halo and viola you have a nice size ring. At least I hope. For a RHR it''s perfect and it has that mile deep look to it which I love. Of course I would have loved to get a bigger stone, but didn''t have the money. I wanted an asscher so badly I could taste it and later will probably get a bigger one, but this is it for now!!!!
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2005 8:24:39 PM
Author: tawn
How does the asscher look ''in person'' that size? I had a jeweler tell me that you need to go at least 2ct to really *see* the true beauty of the cut!

Is that true? Cuz it sure doesn''t seem like it!

This debatable but is my opinion:
Royal Asschers need to be big and the 2ct rule is a good one for them.
Classic asschers and S.E. properly cut you can see the patterns very well down to 5mm x 5mm or so and they can be impressive.
I had to look at them real close iv seen a couple .25ct asschers that had the miles deep look. They were tiny but perfect.
But more like them would be likely impossible to find.

You cant really go by weight with asschers because the depth varies so much. The mm measurements are a better way to look at it. But bigger per ct is not always better if its crown height being lost.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this new thread.....Hope all goes well....can''t wait to see the finished product this time
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm,
You summed that up much better than I ever could!!!!! You are our resident asscher advisor!!!
2.gif

Thanks Maxine, I hope to have cads soon!!!! This is going to be a lot less painful me thinks!!!!
3.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yes, storm, what a great synopsis! Ooh, someday I''d love to have an asscher. Yum!

Kaleigh, I can''t wait to see your ring! Are they doing a wax & casting the whole thing, or will parts of it be handmade?

Tawn, I don''t know how I missed your thread! Your ring is going to be amazing! WF will do an incredible job! (Quest would''ve done a great job too--too bad their internet was down--construction workers cut their lines...
7.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the CADs...finally there will be some progress!!

Tawn, I also emailed Quest when I was looking at my toe rings but they never responded either. Too bad since they do lovely work for reasonable prices from what I have heard. So I wrote them off...didn''t have the time nor inclination to hound someone via phone to give them money!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot, You know that''s a good question. I have to run out now, but will call them this afternoon and ask. He did say the cads would be in three parts. One for the halo, one for the gallery and one for the shank. Does that tell you anything??? I''ll ask Pete.

Mara, that''s a shame but WF did do an awesome job on the toe rings so it was meant to be I guess.

Maybe I will have something to show later today or tomorrow. I am going to Washington on Thursday to see Nan and Angello, so I''ll try to get something up before then.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
So good to hear there is finally progress.
36.gif
Can''t wait to see those cads. BTW, what does cads stand for?
33.gif
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milly that''s a good question, I''m not sure myself??? I bet Storm would know????

icekid

Ideal_Rock
computer aided drawing (or drafting?), I believe. In any event, I can''t wait to see them too
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I believe CAD = computer aided design.

When Quest did my ring, the drawings they sent were in pieces too. I went to see the wax in person, it was in 2 pieces. Kind of hard to visualize, but I'm good with measurements, and I could tell it was perfect. It was cast in separate pieces and then put together. My halo and shank were separate, and they did the gallery work by hand.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s good to know Diamondlil, Quest was closed today. I will call them tomorrow and hope I get a cad or 2 to post.
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OOOOO!!!! Yay!! I can''t wait!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 6:05:04 PM
Author: kaleigh
I will call them tomorrow and hope I get a cad or 2 to post.
1.gif
36.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see your cads! I love your rings and this new one is just gonna be amazing! I really love Daniel K settings and the encrusted diamond look.
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got home and there was an email and a message on my answering machine from Pete at Quest. I got a quote from them , quite reasonable I must say. I just need to give them a deposit today and the ring will be done in 3 weeks!!!! I am waiting for Pete to call me back. Hopefully he has started on the cads.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! great news!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That''s fantastic news!
36.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see how it turns out...my favorite kind of stone in the nicest Daniel K style settings ever! I''m almost as excited about how your ring is going to turn out as I am about mine!
1.gif

My husband used CAD, not for jewelry unfortunately, but for making tiny little parts for specialized computer systems, hearing aids and things for the Hubble Space thingy! I tried to enlist him with help on my ring... but his job now keeps him crazy busy, plus he''s so not interested!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results